• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where’s everyone going?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where’s everyone going?

Hi all
    It seems only a few of us are cruising,I did a Celebrity in April and Fred Olsen this month,,,,,I’m going on an exotic weekend to the Isle of Man this week.
    I’m still trying to stick to cruising with a cruise on P&O booked for later in the year.

I was looking at a cruise on Iona to the Fjords at end of July but…….

The same week my youngest daughter,her husband and my two granddaughters (15 month and 8) are going to Benalmadena in Spain with her friends and their kids,,with a couple of grandparents there are 20 of them,,,,she has been mithering us for months to go,,it is also her 40th birthday.
    Yesterday we gave in and booked the holiday with EasyJet from Liverpool,,,but in a different hotel.

First beach type holiday for years (it cost the same price as the Iona cruise),,,but we know and like Benalmadena,trips out to Mijas and a little bar I know in Malaga for seafood lunch one day.Fuengirola market on Tuesday.
    Paloma Park with the little one,,,,and no doubt a night babysitting.

Wheres everyone going?
    JC
    C P Scott,,,,,"Comment is Free,,but Facts are Sacred"
    "You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts.

We've just got back from our long awaited trip to Florida, and judging by the queues, for rides, restaurants and most things. I think a lot of people have gone there!!

Comment

Hi jc
      We were just booking an MSC cruise as you posted.....

Garf

Comment

Busy summer and autumn but we have a couple of weekend breaks booked, Lanzarote in November and In January when we pass on our golf club responsibilities we will do a 3 week trip on Viking around the Caribbean and Central America.

Comment

Originally posted by Garfield, Waterlooville View Post
          Hi jc

Garf
          Yacht club of course.

Annie

Comment

Originally posted by annie, Glasgow View Post

Yacht club of course.

Annie
            Inside..£300

Garf

Comment

Originally posted by Garfield, Waterlooville View Post
              Hi jc

Garf
              Hi Boris
              You are kidding.

JC

C P Scott,,,,,"Comment is Free,,but Facts are Sacred"
              "You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts.

Comment

I'm sailing with Ambassador from Tilbury in September around the Scottish Isles and Ireland. I'm always up for trying a new cruise line, especially if it's sailing from the UK.
                Jill

Comment

Hi JC

I enjoyed land holidays in 2 different countries in successive weeks this month.

In August and September I have 2 more land trips to another 2 different countries.

Unlike yourself, the total spend for the 4 trips is less that I would budget for a single cruise.

Going forward, I hope to return to Japan in 2023 but the Japanese are very slow to open up the country .

Annie
                  Last edited by annie, Glasgow; 27th June 2022, 04:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Smith7 View Post
                    I'm sailing with Ambassador from Tilbury in September around the Scottish Isles and Ireland. I'm always up for trying a new cruise line, especially if it's sailing from the UK.
                    One of my neighbours has just returned from a cruise to Iceland with Ambassador. She had previously sailed several times with Cruise and Maritime. I’m eager to see her to get her opinion of the cruise line. If all was well I shall let you know, if It didn’t meet her expectations, I shall keep quiet.

Comment

Nowhere at all! We have just cancelled our northern lights Fjords cruise for October as OH not well enough to go. My daughter and I are going to Hamburg after Christmas instead on a four night jolly on board QV.

To be honest, with all of the travel problems at the moment , I'm happy to stay at home for now.
                      BIG SHIPS, little ships, small world

Comment

We have quite a few cruises booked but as usual, won't mention any until back from the latest.

Comment

Off to the Alsace to see my son, dil and granddaughter, first time I will have seen them live in nearly four years part of me is excited and part of me is wary of the whole flying bit, just hope I aint hanging around in Bristol airport for 9400000000000 hours and then get told the flight is cancelled!!!!!!! hugs x heatherx

Comment

West Wales for a few days last March. Time with both children and their families at their homes in England in April. Good 2 weeks on the Isle of Wight in May. A really good week in West Wales this month but a different base. First cruise since pre pandemic to the Med in July. About 10 days house and animal minding at our sons in England in August when we shall also visit around the attractive area. Another cruise, mainly northern Europe, in Sept.
                            Suddenly after travelling little for so long it is all happening. Destinations are closer to home and for shorter periods than the longer long hauls we had been doing in more recent years.

Comment

Hi JC, enjoy Benalmadena, I was there 2 weeks ago in an apartment near the Sol Hotel ,had a great time had a couple of lovely meals, one in the harbour and one in Benalmadena Pueblo a lovely place.
                              It was HOT!Went with a couple of friends, who for the first time in Benalmadena were bothered by mosquitos .Fortunately,they don't like me 😀
                              Last week we were in Llandudno for 2 nights really lovely weather, a favourite place.
                              Going to Vienna for a few days in August (never been).
                              Then cruise in October on Celebrity Reflection (hopefully) the 4th attempt at a Greek Islands.
                              Been much coverage about the queues at Malaga Airport for passport control, but we were on an early flight and sailed through.A few people were caught out after passport control though when asked for their Covid pass and were made to do an LFT.
                              Hope people enjoy wherever they are going.

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                              best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                              agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                              X