• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Downton Abbey: A New Era

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Downton Abbey: A New Era

Saw the movie today. It is EXCELLENT, if you like Downton.
    See my cruise blog: HERE

It's a film...movies are for the septics..

Garf

Comment

Originally posted by Garfield, Waterlooville View Post
      It's a film...movies are for the septics..

Garf
      Oi! Mind who you refer to as a Septic Tank! These days I’m an honorary Manc 😉as I’ve lived here far longer than I ever lived in NY. I am really looking forward to seeing the new Downton film as we just watched the previous one again last week and still enjoyed it. Will there be anything in it to rival Mr Moseley curtsying to the Queen during the state dinner? I certainly hope so!

Take care. Helen

Comment

I saw it last week and thought it was excellent too.
        Jill

Comment

...the bit in the "film" where they were supposed to be on a ferry crossing the channel to France:

The long shots of the ferry were CGI. However the scene of the cast onboard, was filmed on Edinburgh's Royal Yacht Britannia.
          See my cruise blog: HERE

Comment

We went to see it last Monday with our daughter and soon to be son in law, thoroughly enjoyed it.

Our local cinema in Clacton offers very good value, it was refurbished a number of years ago and extremely comfortable with all the modern facilities and tickets are only £3.50 and £4.50 depending on day and times you visit and it shows all the latest films. Compare these prices with with what the chain of National cinema’s charge.

In the film the Electric Palace Cinema in Harwich is featured, this is one of the oldest purpose-built cinemas built in 1911 to survive complete with its silent screen, original projection room and ornamental frontage still intact. It has just reopened after a £1.5 million pound refurbishment. The photo is one I took a number of years ago.

Downton Abbey film shines light on Harwich's Electric Palace https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-essex-61272978

0AF360ED-3008-4C0F-BF11-87BFFB897DE6.jpeg
            Last edited by Delboy, Essex; 9th May 2022, 08:26 AM.
            Delboy

Photo Albums

https://www.flickriver.com/photos/delboyalbums/sets/

or

https://www.flickr.com/photos/delboyalbums/albums

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
            best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
            agree to our cookie policy

Working...
            X