• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spring or Autumn???????

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spring or Autumn???????

I always preferred Autumn to Spring - I think the colours attracted me. But this spring has been epic - I think I'm converted now. Bear in mind our Spring arrives much later here in the Highlands.

Which season do you prefer?

LMM

Beautiful blossom...

0862B6E1-3BC4-4D9E-8C60-CF852024B20F.jpeg

Oil seed rape with Wind Turbine Stands destined for the North Sea (Nigg - Cromarty Firth).

B27E01AB-0E66-4531-936A-BEBD09912412.jpeg

Lawnmowerman

Spring for me - my garden is a spring garden. Fabulous to see colour after a dreich winter. Currently a mass of bluebells.

Fortunately one boundary is tree lined and I can enjoy autumn too and all the leaf gathering

Annie

Comment

I love spring as it represents new beginnings. I love watching the garden plants come back to life. I know it’s spring when my acer tree is in full bloom. 6A081EEA-F178-4B34-B80A-5F23B02DCD29.jpeg
      don't want to work, just want to cruise.

Comment

Spring, definitely. You have the summer to look forward to whereas in autumn all you have ahead is winter.

Comment

It has been an incredible spring for blossom. The magnolias around here were just absolutely phenomenal to see as were the cherry blossom trees. We have a pale pink hardy fuchsia that climbs up on the sheltered side of our pergola and it’s already covered in flowers, just magnificent. I love my acer, which the children gave to me nearly 30 years ago. It is just so vibrant and we give it a really good haircut every September to keep it a manageable size. Right now our lilac is just covered with flowers which are so incredibly fragrant. That was a little offshoot from the garden of our former neighbour’s grandma. I’m planning to take a picture of it to send to her as I don’t think she will believe how big it is now.

Take care. Helen💐🌷🌹🌸

Comment

Originally posted by Issyalex, Glasgow View Post
            I love spring as it represents new beginnings. I love watching the garden plants come back to life. I know it’s spring when my acer tree is in full bloom. 6A081EEA-F178-4B34-B80A-5F23B02DCD29.jpeg
            I have 6 large acer trees around my garden all of different shapes and coloured leaves and they are a joy to watch burst into life in Spring. I also have a silver birch, another large tree that springs into white blossom and then a very large honeysuckle that has spread and grown into our elderflower tree. So we have an elderflower with honeysuckle flowers!

However, the absolute joy I find are our patches of snow drops when they come out in spring. You know winter is receding and spring has arrived when they come out.

My favourite is definitely spring as it shows better weather ahead.

Comment

We don't seem to have definite seasons here - usually it's 9 months of summer and 3 months of winter with nothing in between.

Comment

Originally posted by lucy, sutton View Post

I have 6 large acer trees around my garden all of different shapes and coloured leaves and they are a joy to watch burst into life in Spring. I also have a silver birch, another large tree that springs into white blossom and then a very large honeysuckle that has spread and grown into our elderflower tree. So we have an elderflower with honeysuckle flowers!

However, the absolute joy I find are our patches of snow drops when they come out in spring. You know winter is receding and spring has arrived when they come out.

My favourite is definitely spring as it shows better weather ahead.
                We also have 2 smaller shrub acers in the front garden. Then another two in pots. As you can guess I love them especially as they change colours with the seasons.
                don't want to work, just want to cruise.

Comment

I just love both equally, when its spring it is my favourite with all the flowers butterflies and trees all in new growth, then when it is Autumn I just love that, all the different colours and the hardier flowers but when you stand at one end of a road that in Winter can look sooooo drab and all the glorious autumn colours are on the trees I think it takes a lot to beat that........ I do love both equally x hugs x x

Comment

Definitely spring for me, it’s when our rear garden ‘springs’ to life. The mature shrubs and lilac tree start flowering and all the Pieris changes colour. Sadly we lost our very old cherry blossom tree to high winds in February. Also it’s good to see the perennials in the Dutch walling come to life.

Autumn time means a constant carpet of leaves to be cleared back and front as we’re overshadowed by a neighbours row of enormous horse chestnut and lime trees.

We’re also letting the grass grow on the sloping part of the garden, it’s filled with primroses and dandelions…the insects love it. 🐝 🦋 and unfortunately some of these 🐌

Comment

Another vote for spring, and hopefully warmer weather on the way. Although it's a long time coming this year, now May, and I'm still freezing

Comment

Spring in Ontario is very short. We don’t put bedding plants out until mid May, so only hardy bulbs flower before then. Leaves are just beginning to appear, but summer is just around the corner. I seem to go from boots to sandals overnight. We do have fox cubs in the garden already.

Sheila
                        Last edited by smtcan, Scarborough; 2nd May 2022, 04:46 PM.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Gill Nickson, Albox View Post
                            We don't seem to have definite seasons here - usually it's 9 months of summer and 3 months of winter with nothing in between.
                            Billy Connolly reckons Scotland only has two seasons - May and Winter

LMM

Lawnmowerman

Comment

It would appear Spring has it - and why not .

LMM

Lawnmowerman

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                              best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                              agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                              X