• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Summer 2022 - Who has made plans??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Summer 2022 - Who has made plans??

Hi All

Anybody brave enough to book overseas trips this simmer??

Deprived of my regular visits to Italy in 2020 and 2021, I booked a land trip last week.

The impetus was my 2 older brothers being hospitalised with non-covid issues - it never rains but it pours and a younger sister has major surgery scheduled within the next month.

Anyone else booked??

Annie

I've booked a Celebrity cruise using FCC from a cancelled cruise. Haven't sailed with Celebrity before so I am looking forward to that!

I also have my eye on Sky Princess to North Cape. More FCCs to use! Just hoping for a price drop.

I hope your land trips are wonderful and your family members are OK.

Comment

Too early to be booking summer just play the waiting game with a short list of options, they won't be selling out.

Comment

A golf trip to turkey in May that has been rearranged multiple times going back to May 2020, lets see what happens this time

John

Comment

No plans at all. I don't feel remotely motivated to even look at the moment, not because I'm bothered about catching Covid, but just can't be bothered by all the faffing about involved. It's over 2 years since we were last abroad, and I can honestly say I haven't missed foreign travel at all. My other half is seriously leaning on me, however, so may have to give in at some point!

Comment

Fingers crossed my Florida holiday, cancelled twice will happen later this year, and a cruise around Greece afterwards........................................ ..Carol

Comment

Off to Norway and Iceland in August with P and O. This was a flexible transfer from January 2021, when we originally off to the Caribbean and USA.

Comment

We have no travel plans but son and family are coming from UK at Easter and sister-in-law, niece and her family are visiting from Germany at Whitsun. That group includes four children under eight so we may well need a holiday after that.

Sheila

Comment

Ventura in May brought forward from 2020 & 21 Iona and Britannia cancelled cruises.

Apex end of Sept with 4 nights pre cruise stay in Rome.

A staycation in Troon, Christmas present from eldest daughter but I haven’t booked the hotel yet.
                  don't want to work, just want to cruise.

Comment

I'm booked on a cruise to Norway in May and a Round Britain cruise in September which includes Honfleur.
                    Jill

Comment

Booked our trips last year.
                      Good job as our cabin categories have either all gone or are ridiculously priced...at the moment.

Looking forward to Tuesday lunchtime!!

Comment

Got a cheapie eight nighter in March then Iceland in May... Was my husbands 70th b'day present, he is almost 72 now!!! this will be about the 5th re-arrangement!

Comment

We booked a Marella Discovery cruise for this coming June in the spring of last year but we are going to cancel it as OH still recuperating from pneumonia and has had some other medical problems which is taking a long time to get over and it's unlikely we will be able to go. Fingers crossed for the northern lights in October
                          BIG SHIPS, little ships, small world

Comment

Just went mad and booked Tenerife next month, long weekend in March to Barcelona to replace our cancelled Celebrity anniversary cruise, followed by our golf holiday in Cyprus later in the month. Spain in May followed by our cruise in September. Might slip something else in - 2 years to make up for.

Comment

Originally posted by sandraggg, Newcastle View Post
                              I've booked a Celebrity cruise using FCC from a cancelled cruise. Haven't sailed with Celebrity before so I am looking forward to that!

I also have my eye on Sky Princess to North Cape. More FCCs to use! Just hoping for a price drop.

I hope your land trips are wonderful and your family members are OK.

Never sailed with Princess but I'm looking at the Sky Princess Land of the Midnight Sun for June this year. There don't seem to be many balcony or mini suites left unfortunately so I don't know whether the prices will drop & there's the awful trip to Southampton & back to consider.

The Fred Olsen Midnight Sun on Balmoral from Newcastle is expensive for 9 days but being a smaller ship will be better for navigating the fjords. Decisions, decisions!

We've sailed a few times with Celebrity, the balcony cabins are good. We did Singapore to New Zealand & Australia on Solstice, enjoyed it but the ship wasn't a patch on Eclipse where the food, restaurant service & entertainment were really great. I'm sure you'll love the Cafe al Bacio cakes & coffee!

Hope Topdeck's right about the prices!

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                              best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                              agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                              X