• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hotel Nimb

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hotel Nimb

Recently went to Copenhagen and after watching the Amazing Hotels series decided to visit the Hotel Nimb for cocktails to celebrate my daughter's birthday. A fabulous experience.
    The cocktail menu is in the form of a hardback book with all the cocktails based on Hans Christian Anderson characters.

Last edited by philhar, wallasey; 9th January 2022, 09:38 AM.

Looks wonderful. How was the pricing ?

Comment

Originally posted by mike, lanarkshire View Post
      Looks wonderful. How was the pricing ?
      Hi Mike,thanks it was! The cocktails were £14-15 each.
      Considering the hotel the presentation and Danish alcohol prices in bars and restaurants, I didn't think that was too bad as a one off experience.
      Alcohol was expensive out and about but similar prices to UK in the numerous Nettos on the high street.
      Last edited by philhar, wallasey; 9th January 2022, 11:02 AM.

Comment

Hi Phil
        Looks proper lush even though I'm not usually a cocktail person.

Garf

Comment

Originally posted by philhar, wallasey View Post
          Recently went to Copenhagen and after watching the Amazing Hotels series decided to visit the Hotel Nimb for cocktails to celebrate my daughter's birthday. A fabulous experience.
          The cocktail menu is in the form of a hardback book with all the cocktails based on Hans Christian Anderson characters.

My kind of cocktail bar Phil - thanks for posting and the pricing not outrageous considering the venue.

Annie

Comment

Now that sounds a great way to celebrate, and the venue looks beautiful.

Hope your daughter had a lovely birthday and you all had a great time x ......................................Carol

Comment

The venue was beautiful. My other daughter's cocktail was the Snow Queen with dry ice in a bowl and the swan glass for the birthday girl was beautiful.
              They were also strong!
              We had booked a restaurant afterwards and floated there.

Comment

Last year we went to a roof top bar in London, with lovely views, and the cocktails were the same price £14, but for a one of you don't mind, when it's something special ......................................Carol

​​​​​​

​​​​​​

Comment

We loved Copenhagen, went many years before on a Fjords cruise, there are some lovely buildings .
                  Sadly the Tivoli was shut and there was a 10 o'clock curfew for alcohol orders. Gave us an excuse to return though

Summer Palace

Frederiks Kirke

Magasin Department Store
                  Roundhaus Danish Brunch
                  Last edited by philhar, wallasey; 9th January 2022, 02:08 PM.

Comment

We enjoyed Copenhagen for three days before our whole family Baltic cruise a few years ago. At the time we had young teens with us, so didn’t frequent fancy bars, but we found the city fascinating.
                    I was the only one who had been there before, and that must have been sixty years ago when we stayed ten days on a choir exchange. We sang for the king and queen because their daughters were pupils at the school we exchanged with. The daughters didn’t participate in the exchange, I wonder what they would have thought of North Wales.

Sheila

Comment

One of our last pre lockdown cruises was ex Copenhagen.

Worth keeping an eye out for last minutes.
                      Cheap flights
                      Cheap easy public transportation
                      Reasonable hotels
                      Plenty of good food options
                      Enough to keep occupied for a few days.

We tried this place, great value and location not for everyone.

https://www.meininger-hotels.com/en/...n-urban-house/

Comment

Thanks for sharing those lovely photos and memories with us Philhar as I expect many of us on here will have visited Copenhagen on one cruise or another. Though we won’t all have drunk cocktails in that spectacular hotel. It’s a real shame the Tivoli Gdns were closed when you were there. In December a programme on C5 was shown of Greg Wallace spending a weekend there admiring the multitude of lights and visiting the different Xmas markets and the hotel. He had a great time eating and drinking!

Comment

Wow the cocktails look fab. We watched the same programme and the price of your cocktails was worth it just to see the hotel and Tivoli park from a different but warmer angle.
                          don't want to work, just want to cruise.

Comment

Thanks for sharing. That looks fab. My kind of place Surprised at the price of cocktails. Very reasonable. I remember paying £10 for beer in the Tivoli Gardens 20 years ago.

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                            best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                            agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                            X