• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do You Agree Or Not

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do You Agree Or Not

https://www.express.co.uk/news/polit...ris-johnson-vn

Should Boris follow Hillary Clinton's advise or ???????

100,000 NHS staff, was it 40.000 social care staff. So we sack them?

If it really comes down to a choice of an unvaccinated nurse, doctor, carer or nothing I know which I would rather for myself and my vaccinated family.
    Not being vaccinated is stupid and selfish but education has to be the route not mandating.

Comment

I wasn't aware Hilary Clinton was an expert immunologist so until I am convinced she is we should ignore her.

Of course everyone should be double vaxxed and boosted as soon as possible, in particular medical staff in contact with patients. There are many great advantages of the free society we live in but also the odd downside. We do not march people to the vaccination centre, tie then down and vaccinate them, we should educate and persuade them instead.

In the mean time those of us who have been double vaxxed and boosted keep our custom away from venues and activities where there is, at the very least, no absolute requirement to protect others by the minimum of wearing a face covering.

Comment

My BIL and SIL live in France, you need to be vaccinated to go into anywhere, shop, restaurant, cafe etc.

We recently returned from Greece where you also need to be vaccinated if you are properly inside like night clubs, and the very least masks everywhere.

While I don't necessarily agree with forcing people to be vaccinated, we're not making it difficult for the un-vaccinated to do whatever they wish.

I don't know what the answer is, but I don't think sacking NHS and Care workers because they are not vaccinated is one! .................................Carol

Comment

In Ontario we need proof of vaccination to eat inside restaurants or bars, and visit cinemas, concerts or sporting events. All long term care home staff must be vaccinated and those who do not comply are put on unpaid leave. Many hospitals have followed suit. Masks are still required in indoor public locations except when seated to eat or drink. Vaccination uptake increased substantially when establishments reopened and unvaccinated people were refused admission. We don’t expect a return to normal life until March 2022, which is when restrictions should be lifted.

Sheila

Comment

Originally posted by smtcan, Scarborough View Post
            In Ontario we need proof of vaccination to eat inside restaurants or bars, and visit cinemas, concerts or sporting events. All long term care home staff must be vaccinated and those who do not comply are put on unpaid leave. Many hospitals have followed suit. Masks are still required in indoor public locations except when seated to eat or drink. Vaccination uptake increased substantially when establishments reopened and unvaccinated people were refused admission. We don’t expect a return to normal life until March 2022, which is when restrictions should be lifted.

Sheila
            This is exactly what I believe should be happening throughout the UK. The first thing that will make people get the vaccine is when they cannot go to restaurants, cinemas, theatres etc without proof of double vac. Retaining the rule on the use of masks indoors makes perfect sense when the number of cases is continuing to climb. The RoI has done exactly this and currently has the highest success rate for vaccines at around 90% of those aged 12 and over. Evidence of vaccine must be shown even to stay in hotels. The government needs to man up and get tough and stop worrying about offending people.

Comment

Originally posted by andyn, Bucks View Post
              100,000 NHS staff, was it 40.000 social care staff. So we sack them?

If it really comes down to a choice of an unvaccinated nurse, doctor, carer or nothing I know which I would rather for myself and my vaccinated family.
              Not being vaccinated is stupid and selfish but education has to be the route not mandating.
              In an ideal world, all care staff would be vaccinated, but the world isn't ideal and if you were in hospital, you'd be glad to be cared for, trusting in hospital protocol to keep you safe.The last thing you'd do is ask to see proof of staff vaccination before being treated.

Comment

Sajid Javid has said today that he is 'minded' to mandate vaccination for NHS workers, but that a final decision has yet to be made, following a consultation exercise.

I think that around 90% of NHS staff have been vaccinated (although not all of them are front line staff, and the figure is lower in London). Maybe some are still hesitant and could be persuaded.

I think the situation in care homes is worrying. From next month, everyone working in a care home will have to be vaccinated. Although many employees have come forward and been vaccinated, care homes are on target to lose staff... at a time when they already have vacancies they cannot fill.

The link has a lookup facility showing how many care home staff each local authority is set to lose, because the vaccination deadline has been missed.

I don't have any time for people who could be vaccinated but refuse, but the Government needs to get real, and work with the care sector on its staffing crisis. Get tough when in a stronger position, if that is what is deemed necessary.

Why get so tough on the NHS and care sector at this particular time, when it won't even tell the general public to protect each other by wearing face coverings?

Already understaffed care home providers face losing tens of thousands of unvaccinated workers when the rules change in a few weeks time - right before the difficult winter period

Comment

Originally posted by sandraggg, Newcastle View Post
                  Sajid Javid has said today that he is 'minded' to mandate vaccination for NHS workers, but that a final decision has yet to be made, following a consultation exercise.

I think that around 90% of NHS staff have been vaccinated (although not all of them are front line staff, and the figure is lower in London). Maybe some are still hesitant and could be persuaded.

I think the situation in care homes is worrying. From next month, everyone working in a care home will have to be vaccinated. Although many employees have come forward and been vaccinated, care homes are on target to lose staff... at a time when they already have vacancies they cannot fill.

The link has a lookup facility showing how many care home staff each local authority is set to lose, because the vaccination deadline has been missed.

I don't have any time for people who could be vaccinated but refuse, but the Government needs to get real, and work with the care sector on its staffing crisis. Get tough when in a stronger position, if that is what is deemed necessary.

Why get so tough on the NHS and care sector at this particular time, when it won't even tell the general public to protect each other by wearing face coverings?

SJ's comments are JMO an attempt to distract us from the bigger questions of re-introducing masks etc Vaccination is NOT the only tool in the box.

BTW if the government insists that all NHS and Care staff must be fully vaccinated, will they apply a similar policy to all patients who present themselves for treatment?

FWIW HC should butt out.

Annie

Comment

I'd like to know if line managers are meeting with refusers and discussing it.Not an easy time in hospitals to do this but still feasible.Not in favour of cumpulsion but some gentle arm twisting..
                    IMO same old with this Government. Majority pf health advisors say time for plan B,Government response dither and delay.This winter was always going to be challenging but burying your head in the sand never has and never will work.Also been said before the earlier you act, the less stringent the measures need to be.

Comment

Enough time has elapsed since vaccination started with very few suffering adverse effects for those with doubts to realise it's safe to be vaccinated. I'm not especially in favour of compulsion, but those employed in caring for sick and vulnerable people should realise they have a duty to their patients. As for mask wearing, I do think there's a case now for reintroducing compulsory wearing in enclosed spaces. I think more are not wearing one than those who do. I particular, I do think secondary schools need to ensure pupils and staff use masks and are tested regularly.

Comment

First of all what’s it got to do with Hilary Clinton?

I understand why the general public want NHS and care staff vaccinated but There are many reasons why people cannot get the vaccine and nursing and care home staff have allergy’s/illness. Vaccines have never been mandatory for the general public so why should it be for NHS and care staff?

My hubby and BIL are all for mandatory vaccines for care staff but if they were we’d loose so many good caring staff with a wealth of experience.
                        don't want to work, just want to cruise.

Comment

Originally posted by annie, Glasgow View Post

SJ's comments are JMO an attempt to distract us from the bigger questions of re-introducing masks etc Vaccination is NOT the only tool in the box.

BTW if the government insists that all NHS and Care staff must be fully vaccinated, will they apply a similar policy to all patients who present themselves for treatment?

FWIW HC should butt out.

Annie
                          Exactly Annie. If vaccines to be made mandatory for NHS and care home staff then they need to be made mandatory for all Patients and visitors.
                          don't want to work, just want to cruise.

Comment

Weren’t we in a similar position last Autumn with scientific and medical experts telling the government to do something....and still they dithered? I recall a two week firebreak being suggested. This time we’re just asking for a mask mandate and good messaging from the government whilst yet coping with an even more virulent form of the virus. Which is why I can’t understand why those NHS workers not wanting all the protection they can get.
                            Last edited by All at sea, Yorks; 25th October 2021, 02:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Issyalex, Glasgow View Post

Exactly Annie. If vaccines to be made mandatory for NHS and care home staff then they need to be made mandatory for all Patients and visitors.
                              A bit of a problem for paediatrics and maternity.

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                              best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                              agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                              X