• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Booster jabs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts



    Walk-up boosters....

    https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/corona...cination-site/

    Comment


      My booster appt was booked for the 16th Nov but I’ve brought it forward to the 9th.
      don't want to work, just want to cruise.

      Comment


        Originally posted by Issyalex, Glasgow View Post
        My booster appt was booked for the 16th Nov but I’ve brought it forward to the 9th.
        You are lucky

        No appointment in sight and the 7th month is approaching. I cannot book one on-line as I am neither NHS or Social Care staff.

        1st round, it was the eldest member of the extended family in Scotland who was called last.

        Annie

        Comment


          Originally posted by annie, Glasgow View Post

          You are lucky

          No appointment in sight and the 7th month is approaching. I cannot book one on-line as I am neither NHS or Social Care staff.

          1st round, it was the eldest member of the extended family in Scotland who was called last.

          Annie
          I’ve not received my letter yet Annie. I looked up my vaccines on the NHS and the appt was there. I just changed it to suit me. I guess my letter will come sometime this week.
          don't want to work, just want to cruise.

          Comment


            Originally posted by Issyalex, Glasgow View Post

            I’ve not received my letter yet Annie. I looked up my vaccines on the NHS and the appt was there. I just changed it to suit me. I guess my letter will come sometime this week.
            My younger sister, jabbed later than me has her blue envelope. I just check the website but no joy currently.

            Annie

            Comment


              Originally posted by annie, Glasgow View Post

              My younger sister, jabbed later than me has her blue envelope. I just check the website but no joy currently.

              Annie
              Keep checking Annie. I checked mine every few days and low and behold the appt appeared on Friday. Hubby is still waiting for his appt.
              don't want to work, just want to cruise.

              Comment


                Originally posted by Issyalex, Glasgow View Post

                Keep checking Annie. I checked mine every few days and low and behold the appt appeared on Friday. Hubby is still waiting for his appt.
                Thanks Issy. I do. My youngest sister is fully jabbed and has been for 1 month. London based sibllings are fully jabbed too.

                I just suggest to my younger sisters that I am deemed healthier

                Annie

                PS Just rechecked and it would appear that the Education sector now has priority over retirees - I can guess which demographic has the highest case count??
                Last edited by annie, Glasgow; 1st November 2021, 05:21 PM.

                Comment


                  Hi all
                  I have my appointment for Thursday,,got the message to book whilst I was away on holiday.

                  Came home last Monday to find my 7 yr old granddaughter has been tested Positive,,,so kept well away so it didn’t compromise my having the booster.
                  She is fine no symptoms whatsoever.

                  ps 15 other kids in her class tested Positive.

                  JC
                  C P Scott,,,,,"Comment is Free,,but Facts are Sacred"
                  "You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts.

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by jc, liverpool View Post
                    Hi all
                    I have my appointment for Thursday,,got the message to book whilst I was away on holiday.

                    Came home last Monday to find my 7 yr old granddaughter has been tested Positive,,,so kept well away so it didn’t compromise my having the booster.
                    She is fine no symptoms whatsoever.

                    ps 15 other kids in her class tested Positive.

                    JC
                    Hope your granddaughter is fully recovered and has shaken off the lurgy and back to good health. My granddaughter was really grateful for the half term break as so many of her friends and classmates had been going down with Covid....in a large school that had pretty much kept it at bay till this term!

                    Also she was pleased to learn that so many of them have used the break to get their jabs, even the doubtful ones, and when she went for hers there were lots of other teenagers doing the same.

                    Comment


                      My OH had a text to say that he was eligible for the booster jab but I didn't .even though we had both our previous jabs at the same time.

                      We know from experience that trying to book appts for the jabs on the same date at the same time is virtually impossible, so we phoned 119.

                      We are now booked in for Sunday.
                      Jill

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by annie, Glasgow View Post

                        Thanks Issy. I do. My youngest sister is fully jabbed and has been for 1 month. London based sibllings are fully jabbed too.

                        I just suggest to my younger sisters that I am deemed healthier

                        Annie

                        PS Just rechecked and it would appear that the Education sector now has priority over retirees - I can guess which demographic has the highest case count??
                        Hi Issy

                        Did you read Yousuf's announcement today?

                        Not any time soon for me as I don't meet the age or extreme vulnerability criteria.

                        Annie



                        Comment


                          Originally posted by annie, Glasgow View Post

                          Hi Issy

                          Did you read Yousuf's announcement today?

                          Not any time soon for me as I don't meet the age or extreme vulnerability criteria.

                          Annie


                          Nope. What was said Annie?
                          don't want to work, just want to cruise.

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by Issyalex, Glasgow View Post

                            Nope. What was said Annie?
                            I found the report on BBC.

                            An optimistic Vaccination date for myself will be Dec which would be almost 8 months.

                            Case numbers and positivity rate heading in the wrong direction and possible return to restrictions ??

                            My sister is awaiting elective surgery - the hospital phoned the other day and said no time soon. I have lost count of how many years she has been waiting.

                            Annie
                            Last edited by annie, Glasgow; 2nd November 2021, 10:23 PM.

                            Comment


                              https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/corona...id-19-vaccine/


                              Web site updated


                              From Monday 8 November 2021 you'll be able to pre-book an appointment for a booster dose if you're eligible and it's been at least 152 days (5 months) since your 2nd dose.

                              The appointments you'll be offered will still be from 182 days (6 months) after your 2nd dose.


                              Comment


                                Done booked in for my booster. Later this month.

                                Main centre seems to be working 9am till 8pm at least some days.
                                Through the web 5days the other 2days are through GP.

                                Comment


                                We use cookies to give you the
                                best experience possible.


                                By continuing to use our website you
                                agree to our cookie policy

                                Working...
                                X