• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Booster jabs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Topdeck, London View Post
    All these families including grandparents that mix should be taking
    regular tests at home, as recommended min of twice a week for all of this year.

Suspect many are not bothering like a few on here that have volunteered they don't bother when having mixing events.

If you look at the data you can see a link to childcare during the school holidays as people returned to work.
    At the Warwickshire school where two of my grandchildren attend, all pupils are still being tested twice weekly for Covid. Today, in my granddaughter’s class, twelve of the sixteen pupils aged 13-14 tested positive.

Next week is half term and unless all the pupils concerned self isolate, it is likely we shall have several families also testing positive.

Comment

Originally posted by Blondie, Oxford View Post

At the Warwickshire school where two of my grandchildren attend, all pupils are still being tested twice weekly for Covid. Today, in my granddaughter’s class, twelve of the sixteen pupils aged 13-14 tested positive.

Next week is half term and unless all the pupils concerned self isolate, it is likely we shall have several families also testing positive.
      What days were they testing, probably too late for the families of that class unless they have very good practices at home.

Not sure why schools did not ramp up to at least 3 times week if not 5 as soon as they started getting excess cases.

Comment

Hi
        Originally posted by Topdeck, London View Post

What days were they testing, probably too late for the families of that class unless they have very good practices at home.

Not sure why schools did not ramp up to at least 3 times week if not 5 as soon as they started getting excess cases.
        The school tests all pupils on Tuesday and Friday. In addition, my family take home tests on a regular basis, as one adult and one child suffer from asthma.

Comment

Originally posted by Blondie, Oxford View Post
          Hi

The school tests all pupils on Tuesday and Friday. In addition, my family take home tests on a regular basis, as one adult and one child suffer from asthma.
          I hope your granddaughter and the rest of her family stay safe over half term.

Comment

Boris may pretend that everything is as expected, but at least he has done something to get the booster jabs sped up. Dr Emily Lawson has been brought back in to lead the program.
            Bit more confident that I will get the booster before December.

Comment

First booster in our house in 30mins,
              I become eligible 20 Nov

Wonder Monday if they will say 5 months and I could have had mine at the same time if they had said just a bit earlier.

One of my school anecdotes (quite a few mums work in the pub)
              Early 30's mum of three anti vax did not believe in covid, got really sick 2 weeks off, now waiting for her second jab.

this little snippet from the weekly attendance reports

From 19 July 2021 close contacts will now be identified via NHS Test and Trace. However, the vast majority of pupils in state-funded schools are under 18 years and 6 months, and therefore not required to self-isolate if they live in the same household as someone with COVID-19, or are a close contact of someone with COVID-19.
              And we(don't) wonder why schools are a problem.

Comment

From the Telegraph today : "Although it is again worth noting amid all the hysteria over ever increasing case numbers that, first, we are testing more than anyone in Europe and, second, vaccinated people dying of Covid have an average age of 85 and five underlying illnesses"

Test more, find more. Test none, find none.

Comment

Originally posted by andyn, Bucks View Post
                  Boris may pretend that everything is as expected, but at least he has done something to get the booster jabs sped up. Dr Emily Lawson has been brought back in to lead the program.
                  Bit more confident that I will get the booster before December.
                  How is the vaccination program going for school children as they are they are driving the case numbers?? Just asking.

Annie

Comment

Should the section of the population that has had 2 life belts be offered a 3rd when a large section of the population has not been offered any life belts ?.

Comment

Originally posted by annie, Glasgow View Post
                      Should the section of the population that has had 2 life belts be offered a 3rd when a large section of the population has not been offered any life belts ?.
                      Is there a shortage of doses?

Capacity to put them in people is there in our are they just need to open more days.

Comment

Our local Director of Public Health has asked schools to reintroduce masks in secondary schools after half term, review hygiene and cleaning measures, reconsider school trips, and has recommended increased lateral flow testing for household contacts. The wording was a bit wishy-washy, though.

I saw Gillian Keegan (a Care Minister? I didn't recognise her) being interviewed recently and she was asked if people should be wearing face masks.

She just couldn't bring herself to say yes. She waffled on about masks being a matter of personal choice. Given that the Government's own line, weeks ago, was that they 'expected' masks to be worn in crowded places, I found her attitude pathetic. More concerned about her Party's image than about public health.

The sooner this herd immunity kicks in the better.

Good job deaths are 'mercifully low'.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnR, Chippenham View Post
                          From the Telegraph today : "Although it is again worth noting amid all the hysteria over ever increasing case numbers that, first, we are testing more than anyone in Europe and, second, vaccinated people dying of Covid have an average age of 85 and five underlying illnesses"

Head in the sand syndrome?

I’m not sure why the article writer is criticising more testing because at least it is uncovering a truer picture of what’s really going on in society. However, this increase in rates has been going on for weeks, seemingly unnoticed by the media and the government....whatever they might say. Other events have taken up the headlines.

On another point, has anyone heard of Maggie Throup? Apparently she’s the recently appointed Minister for Vaccines & Public Health, who seems to be conspicuous by her absence, according to the press and others. ‘She’s been “hiding away” from the media since taking the post’.
                          Last edited by All at sea, Yorks; 23rd October 2021, 12:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnR, Chippenham View Post

Time for mini Trump to tell them to slow down testing

Comment

Once a charge is introduced for those home LFTs the numbers should go right down. And they'll go down even further if they start selling them to schools and care homes.

Comment

Originally posted by All at sea, Yorks View Post

I hope your granddaughter and the rest of her family stay safe over half term.
                                Thanks. All the family had Covid in 2020 and the adult and child with asthma were both quite ill, they certainly don’t want the virus again. Both adults are fully vaccinated and both children have each had one jab.

Stay safe everyone and don’t mix unnecessarily.

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                                best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                                agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                                X