• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Booster jabs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JohnR, Chippenham View Post

We have used public transport several times in the last few weeks and only those not wearing masks were younger people. The "I'm invincible and don't care about possibly passing it on to anyone else" folk.
    Interesting.

Very different here. Very few wearing masks anywhere, and it is people of all ages not wearing them, including very elderly people who you would think might be a little worried about their ability to ride out illness. They don't even respect the personal space of others.

​​​Mind you, why should they wear them? Where is the example being set?

Comment

Originally posted by JohnR, Chippenham View Post

We have used public transport several times in the last few weeks and only those not wearing masks were younger people. The "I'm invincible and don't care about possibly passing it on to anyone else" folk.
      I so wish this generation bashing would stop and to redress the balance, it is the 80 year mask refuseniks that I called out on public transport a few weeks ago. Thankfully 100% mask compliant last week.

My local hair salon has had to issue masks to their newer older clients.

England has been warned, start wearing masks etc or you risk Christmas. Possibly they will await until after Cop26 before reimposing some restrictions.

Lockdown may be over but this b***y pandemic is not finished and oh how I wish I was wrong.

Annie

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by sandraggg, Newcastle View Post
          Watching the press briefing, I think it is shaping up that, if plan B eventually needs to be implemented, it will be the fault of those who have not come forward for booster jabs quickly enough.

Or it will be people who haven't followed the Government guidelines and worn a mask in crowded places.

Just checking my vaccine date and the booster will not be due until Dec 11th (6 months), so are they saying that the ones not coming forward are the 60+ and the vulnerable, as everyone else won't even be due yet?

Comment

Originally posted by annie, Glasgow View Post
            At least there would be less need for turkeys and pigs in blankets!

Comment

We have just done a shop at Tesco, one of their larger stores, in normal times a 24 hour store and it was fairly busy.

The overwhelming majority of people were wearing masks, those who were not were mainly young mothers, or young couples. Very few of the older generation were not wearing masks.

Staff ratio was about 50/50%. Very few of the personal shopper staff (Those preparing the click and collect and home delivery boxes) were wearing mask and a number of those who were, were wearing them over their chin, not over their mouth or nose.

My wife and I use the same hairdressers saloon in town (Mother & Son) and it is a condition of entry to wear a mask.

I never watched the health secretary’s statement, but then I watch very little in regards to covid, I don’t need politicians or anybody else to be setting me an example, common sense tells me what I need to do.

Our DIL who is a teacher tells us it’s rapidly spreading in schools,
              Last edited by Delboy, Essex; 21st October 2021, 11:40 AM.
              Delboy

Photo Albums

https://www.flickriver.com/photos/delboyalbums/sets/

or

https://www.flickr.com/photos/delboyalbums/albums

Comment

Originally posted by andyn, Bucks View Post

Just checking my vaccine date and the booster will not be due until Dec 11th (6 months), so are they saying that the ones not coming forward are the 60+ and the vulnerable, as everyone else won't even be due yet?
                I read that take up is best in the 80+ group and worst in 70 to 74 group (quite a bit worse than in the 60 to 65 group... don't know why!).

​​​

Comment

I read that take up is best in the 80+ group and worst in 70 to 74 group (quite a bit worse than in the 60 to 65 group... don't know why!).

​​​
                  Is it just messaging? People not looking at anything regarding covid?
                  Can complain all day long about young people not wearing masks, but the ones that are goig to end up in hospital, overwhelm the NHS, send us into another lockdown, and possibly die, are those who should be getting their booster now.

Comment

​​​
                    Probably the 6 month wait before the booster..I'm in the 60-70 group and can't have mine until early Nov.

Garf ☆

Comment

Originally posted by Garfield, Waterlooville View Post

Probably the 6 month wait before the booster..I'm in the 60-70 group and can't have mine until early Nov.

Garf ☆
                      Maybe there is some logic to it, but I can't see it. Why bring it up in the briefing if the majority aren't yet even eligible. If this is a problem then why not open up the eligibility. The 6 months is just an arbritary date, there is no data behind it. If we have the booster vaccines available, then open it up to more groups. Stop telling people to come back in a few days when there 6 months is up.

Comment

My wife had her second jab in April she is 75, not received any notice yet re her booster jab.

As I was one of the first to get my covid jabs, second was way back in Jan, I was one of the first to get notified that my booster jab was available, but we were on holiday in Cornwall at the time, so arranged it for as soon as I returned, I am 80+.
                        Last edited by Delboy, Essex; 21st October 2021, 12:21 PM.
                        Delboy

Photo Albums

or

Comment

Originally posted by Delboy, Essex View Post
                          My wife had her second jab in April she is 75, not received any notice yet re her booster jab.
                          I would be chasing this up and contacting the NHS (is it 119?).
                          Sorry Del, but that does not seem like common sense to me, to be in the vulnerable group, overdue your booster, and going off to Tescos.

Comment

Originally posted by Garfield, Waterlooville View Post

Garf ☆
                            What sounded odd to me was that booster take up was said to be 50-something per cent in the over 80s and 50-something per cent in the 60 to 65s... but only 30-something per cent in the 70 to 74s...

Comment

​​​
                              I read that in Scotland that 25% of Covid patients admitted to hospital are in the 80+ age grroup. No idea on vaccination stats.

I am overdue my booster but unable to book an appointment unless I categorise myself as an unpaid carer for my autistic nephew.

I sense in Scotland that they are prioritising school children. The age demograhic with the highest case rate is 10-14.

Annie

Comment

Originally posted by andyn, Bucks View Post

I would be chasing this up and contacting the NHS (is it 119?).
                                Sorry Del, but that does not seem like common sense to me, to be in the vulnerable group, overdue your booster, and going off to Tescos.
                                Her second jab was not until 24th April so her 6 months is not up until 24th Oct.

Don’t see any problem going to Tesco providing you take the necessary precautions, wash hands, sanitise, wear mask.
                                Delboy

Photo Albums

or

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                                best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                                agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                                X