• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Booster jabs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My flu jab is at the doctor's a week on Sat. My 6 months isn't up until the end of next week, so haven't had my booster yet, but my 80 year old friend has booked his at a nearby agricultural college! No idea why they're doing it there, but assume they have the necessary deep freeze to store the vaccine. I wish they would get schoolkids wearing masks again, and test regularly. Our over all infection rate is lower than average, but massively higher than average amongst teens.

Comment

Both my daughters work for NHS eldest has had her booster and flu jags but the youngest hasn’t yet. My 6 months is up beginning of Nov.
      don't want to work, just want to cruise.

Comment

Originally posted by PeterM, Southwell View Post
        My flu jab is at the doctor's a week on Sat. My 6 months isn't up until the end of next week, so haven't had my booster yet, but my 80 year old friend has booked his at a nearby agricultural college! No idea why they're doing it there, but assume they have the necessary deep freeze to store the vaccine. I wish they would get schoolkids wearing masks again, and test regularly. Our over all infection rate is lower than average, but massively higher than average amongst teens.
        Thought the booster didn't need any special freezing. Maybe they just have the space. Maybe they have all the students out doing practical work on farms to cover the shortage of workers

Comment

Many thanks for all your replies, thoughts and experiences. The reference to freezers above made me realise I should also have asked if your booster was the same type as the first two jabs or different? We had the AZ jab and now wondering if we'll get the 'deep freeze' Pfizer one.... whenever that may be.

Comment

Originally posted by All at sea, Yorks View Post
            Many thanks for all your replies, thoughts and experiences. The reference to freezers above made me realise I should also have asked if your booster was the same type as the first two jabs or different? We had the AZ jab and now wondering if we'll get the 'deep freeze' Pfizer one.... whenever that may be.
            Older family members have been invited to their practices to get both flu and booster jabs, one in each arm. They both had the AZ vaccine and the booster was Pfizer.

Comment

AZ has not been approved for booster doses.

Annie

Comment

Just wondering all who have had their booster jab did you get another blue card giving the details of your jab. I got nothing and forgot to ask the name of the vaccine. They say the details of your booster should appear on your NHS app within 5 days. Mine has so far not appeared and I had my booster on 30/09.

The 3 relations of mine who have also had the booster were all given another blue card with the details,they live in London I’m in Essex.
                Delboy

Photo Albums

https://www.flickriver.com/photos/delboyalbums/sets/

or

https://www.flickr.com/photos/delboyalbums/albums

Comment

I received a text message from the NHS inviting me to attend for a booster jab. I entered my details on line and was given a choice of venues and dates. I had my booster last weekend at a pharmacy a few miles from home.

My first and second vaccines were Pfizer and I asked the pharmacist if the booster would also be Pfizer, he confirmed it would be. I was surprised to read on the leaflet I was given that the Pfizer vaccine has now been rebranded as Comirnaty, same vaccine, different name.

No problems with the first and second jabs, not even a sore arm. After the booster, I had a blinding headache for two days, it’s reported to be the most common problem and a massive black and blue bruise at the injection site.

Comment

Originally posted by Delboy, Essex View Post
                    Just wondering all who have had their booster jab did you get another blue card giving the details of your jab. I got nothing and forgot to ask the name of the vaccine. They say the details of your booster should appear on your NHS app within 5 days. Mine has so far not appeared and I had my booster on 30/09.

The 3 relations of mine who have also had the booster were all given another blue card with the details,they live in London I’m in Essex.
                    I’m in Derbyshire and I was not given a second blue card after my booster jab. Two days after the jab, the full details of the booster vaccine, name and batch number appeared on my on line patient record at my doctor’s practice.

Comment

My second jab was on the 29th April. My wife and I have been asked to attend for our booster on the 29th October - 6 months to the day.

Very simple procedure - drive into our village show-ground and get jabbed whilst in the car. Helped I suppose by our rural location and low population.

Had flu jab on 7th October - same procedure.

LMM

Lawnmowerman

Comment

Originally posted by Blondie, Oxford View Post
                        I received a text message from the NHS inviting me to attend for a booster jab. I entered my details on line and was given a choice of venues and dates. I had my booster last weekend at a pharmacy a few miles from home.

My first and second vaccines were Pfizer and I asked the pharmacist if the booster would also be Pfizer, he confirmed it would be. I was surprised to read on the leaflet I was given that the Pfizer vaccine has now been rebranded as Comirnaty, same vaccine, different name.

No problems with the first and second jabs, not even a sore arm. After the booster, I had a blinding headache for two days, it’s reported to be the most common problem and a massive black and blue bruise at the injection site.
                        Crumbs I had the Astrazeneca so assume I'll get the Pfizer on Saturday. Hope your headache is OK now, that's a bit of a worry. Getting my booster Saturday morning, locally this time.

My husband had his booster a couple of weeks ago but there's nothing on his Patient Access records.

Looks like our high Covid numbers are going to cause travel problems with other countries. Wonder which ones will be next to ban us!

Comment

Watching the press briefing, I think it is shaping up that, if plan B eventually needs to be implemented, it will be the fault of those who have not come forward for booster jabs quickly enough.

Or it will be people who haven't followed the Government guidelines and worn a mask in crowded places.

Comment

I read that the Health Secretary will be giving a ‘news conference’ later on booster jabs. I was wondering if anyone on here has had the invite or already had their booster?
                            Its six months since we had our 2nd jab, but have heard nothing more as yet.
                            Six months almost to the day my wife and I received text messages from the NHS inviting us to go online and make appointments for our boosters. This we did for the very next day 13 miles from us. As it happens I had a consultants follow-up appointment in Bath on the 30th September and had the booster at the race course centre on the way home.

Two days before that we had our flu jabs in a Tesco pharmacy, as we have done for the last few years. No discernible side effects from either.

Double vaxxed, boosted and flu jabbed we are good to go!

Comment

Originally posted by Delboy, Essex View Post

We were given the blue cards at the time and the booster is recorded under Immunisations, not under NHS Covid Pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigsis, Waterlooville View Post
                                I had my booster last week through work and my flu jab the week before. My husband had his flu jab a few weeks ago but has had to postpone his covid booster because he's had pneumonia . Hopefully he'll be able to get his booster sorted out soon.

I didn't watch the briefing earlier. Unfortunately , though I agree entirely with the vaccination programme, I don't think that alone is going to prevent us going back to the situation we had last year. I really hoped that mask wearing would be enforced again for public transport, shops and all enclosed public spaces plus social distancing. It's just so sad that so many people are going to die again before the powers that be decide what to do.
                                We have used public transport several times in the last few weeks and only those not wearing masks were younger people. The "I'm invincible and don't care about possibly passing it on to anyone else" folk.

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                                best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                                agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                                X