• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Booster jabs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Booked mine today for lunchtime tomorrow...

Garf

Comment

Originally posted by Garfield, Waterlooville View Post
      Booked mine today for lunchtime tomorrow...

Garf
      I had mine on Saturday and have quite a sore arm. I felt washed out yesterday too but that could be down to general lack of sleep. I'm just glad I have had it.

Comment

The number of countries limiting dates on last vaccine is growing.

Get your booster.

Then hope you can get verification as that's the next issue.

Comment

My wife has her booster booked for Friday, I had no trouble with my two jabs, but also had a sore arm and felt washed out the day after my booster.
          Delboy

Photo Albums

https://www.flickriver.com/photos/delboyalbums/sets/

or

https://www.flickr.com/photos/delboyalbums/albums

Comment

Hi there, are you all being offered the Pfizer or the Moderna? We had our boosters last Saturday and it was good to see the small centre busy with folk queuing up.

OH only had a sore arm later in the day as I did, but I also had a very ropey night and didn’t get much sleep. Bit flaked out on Sunday too. His nibs was fine!!

They were doing Moderna jabs but when I asked about Pfizer instead, I was offered one straight away, as OH was.

Speaking to friends who had the Moderna, they also felt a bit rubbish the following day.

Oddly, little or no side effects after the two AZ’s. Pleased to get it done now and what with the flu jab, that’s enough for the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by All at sea, Yorks View Post
              Hi there, are you all being offered the Pfizer or the Moderna? We had our boosters last Saturday and it was good to see the small centre busy with folk queuing up.

OH only had a sore arm later in the day as I did, but I also had a very ropey night and didn’t get much sleep. Bit flaked out on Sunday too. His nibs was fine!!

They were doing Moderna jabs but when I asked about Pfizer instead, I was offered one straight away, as OH was.

Speaking to friends who had the Moderna, they also felt a bit rubbish the following day.

Oddly, little or no side effects after the two AZ’s. Pleased to get it done now and what with the flu jab, that’s enough for the moment.
              Apart from any Covid boosters thrown at me, I've had all my [known for the moment] shots bar the Shingles jab.

I caught shingles summer '19 [another fly in the scheduled and subsequently cancelled TKR'19] and luckily, because I am so flipping skin aware, knew this was different from my normal problems, went to the pharmacist who told me to hot foot it to the GP asap, which I did and got anti virals.
              Still wouldn't wish it on anyone and so as soon as I'm eligible, I'm having that shot too.

Comment

Turns out although the web sites says 182 days you can get appointments from 180 days.

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs M View Post

Apart from any Covid boosters thrown at me, I've had all my [known for the moment] shots bar the Shingles jab.

I caught shingles summer '19 [another fly in the scheduled and subsequently cancelled TKR'19] and luckily, because I am so flipping skin aware, knew this was different from my normal problems, went to the pharmacist who told me to hot foot it to the GP asap, which I did and got anti virals.
                  Still wouldn't wish it on anyone and so as soon as I'm eligible, I'm having that shot too.
                  You make a good point. The shingles jab is not one I’ve seen much discussion about.

Comment

Booster (pfizer) and flu jags done today ✅ ✅. I’m all vaccinated up. 💉💉💉💉
                    Last edited by Issyalex, Glasgow; 9th November 2021, 05:01 PM.
                    don't want to work, just want to cruise.

Comment

My understanding is you can't "catch" shingles.

It is just existing dormant virus reactivated.

You become contagious so need to be careful around others or just have a chickenpox party with the locals.

Comment

Originally posted by Topdeck, London View Post

You become contagious so need to be careful around others or just have a chickenpox party with the locals.
                        Your right TD. Shingles is from the same virus that causes chickenpox. the virus stays dormant (inactive) in their body. The virus can reactivate later, causing shingles.
                        don't want to work, just want to cruise.

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs M View Post

Me too Mrs M. I don't usually have the Flu jab but have done so this year. As soon as I was eligible, I had the Shingles jab, even though I have had Shingles twice. I was told it was possible to get it a third time so wasn't willing to take that chance.

I have now had my Covid booster so I think that's it for now.
                          Jill

Comment

Originally posted by Topdeck, London View Post

Semantics TD. Semantics.

After the summer |I had in '19, I was prone to 'catch' anything skin wise.

I was even offered a high SPF sunscreen on our Sept Med cruise as someone thought I had sunburn.

No
                            It was called severe Eczema!!!

Comment

Well I finally managed to secure a date for my booster jab - mid December. Over 8 months will have elapsed since my 2nd jab by that time.

Also a Covid Press conference today at 1500 by the PM.

Annie

Comment

Originally posted by annie, Glasgow View Post
                                Well I finally managed to secure a date for my booster jab - mid December. Over 8 months will have elapsed since my 2nd jab by that time.

Also a Covid Press conference today at 1500 by the PM.

Annie
                                Good to hear Annie you’ve got booster appt finally, just a pity you’ve had to wait so long.

Thanks for the heads up about the 3pm update today, I missed that, I saw online some of this mornings briefing by JVT etc, now extending boosters to the 40-49 age group.

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                                best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                                agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                                X