• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Booster jabs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Booster jabs

I read that the Health Secretary will be giving a ‘news conference’ later on booster jabs. I was wondering if anyone on here has had the invite or already had their booster?
    Its six months since we had our 2nd jab, but have heard nothing more as yet.

Originally posted by All at sea, Yorks View Post
    I read that the Health Secretary will be giving a ‘news conference’ later on booster jabs. I was wondering if anyone on here has had the invite or already had their booster?
    Its six months since we had our 2nd jab, but have heard nothing more as yet.
    I have not my family members who work as non-front line staff in the care sector have.

Press reports indicate that the appointment portal for 'ordinary folk' over 50 will not open in Scotland until mid-Nov and delivery will take until at least end Jan 2022.

Of course I could always cheat my way to an early appointment

Annie
    Last edited by annie, Glasgow; 20th October 2021, 03:57 PM.

Comment

Had my booster 30/09, my elder brother and his wife had their boosters before me, although they had their original two jabs after me. Their daughter had her booster earlier this month. They all live in London.
      Delboy

Photo Albums

https://www.flickriver.com/photos/delboyalbums/sets/

or

https://www.flickr.com/photos/delboyalbums/albums

Comment

I had to switch it off, his voice is more annoying than Hancocks

Comment

My husband had his today, I'm a few weeks behind him but decided to ask if it was possible for me to have mine as I was there with him, it was a very definite NO which seems crazy as I am only a few days away from qualifying for the 6 months required since my second vaccine.
          Jo

Comment

Glutton....I know

But I went back to it, and he never actually answered one single question are we all so just totally gullible and pliable. that we just soak up all this crap.
            Instead of answering the question about whether the NHS were becoming overwhelmed, he talked about how much money they are putting into the NHS
            Last edited by andyn, Bucks; 20th October 2021, 05:06 PM.

Comment

I took my dad and step mum for theirs today Dad is 85 and step mum 90 both have Alzheimer’s. I was surprised to be asked if I wanted my booster by the nurse. Apparently they had spare as they had 25 no shows already. It was 3pm in the afternoon . I couldn’t believe it .
              I turned the health secretary off as well. I find him worse than Hancock as well . 🛳

Comment

I agree Andy, I watched it through to the end and much of what I heard was waffle and more waffle, plus some patronising comments. He reminded me of Baldrick....I have a (cunning) plan!

The only useful thing was for folks who are six months on from jab 2, to give it a week for an invite, and if not forthcoming, go and book on the online website, or ring 119. And hope they don’t try to make an appointment for you 30 miles away!

Comment

I was in the pub my drink buddies not that interested so had to shut it off

The bit I did get through was a lot of spin.

when will they admit it's kids spreading the virus.

Lock down for kids, educate but cannot go anywhere else public nor their parents or teachers.

As for booster, one of us this week I have to beg for mine as not 6 months for a while.

Been a week since I downloaded the data be interesting where the numbers are going at an age level.

I see even John Campbell got round to highlighting the connection to kids and parents driving the rates.

Comment

I had my booster and my flu jab through work on Saturday and it was 6 months and about a week after my second jab. We were invited to do so by the NHS trust that we work for and I thought it went reasonably well. Hubby felt it was very slow as he ended up waiting in the car for a lot longer than he wanted to 😉 but I didn’t have a problem with it. Saying that, he had the flu jab through our GP practice this week and he was in and out in under 10 minutes.

I just don’t understand the anti-vaxer brigade to be honest. Yes, you can still get Covid even if you are vaccinated but unless you have a severely compromised immune system (due to cancer treatments as happened to Colin Powell in the US) you shouldn’t end up in hospital with it.

In the meantime I will keep wearing my mask on public transport or in the shops.

Take care. Helen😷

Comment

Originally posted by Mason, Altrincham View Post
                      I had my booster and my flu jab through work on Saturday and it was 6 months and about a week after my second jab. We were invited to do so by the NHS trust that we work for and I thought it went reasonably well. Hubby felt it was very slow as he ended up waiting in the car for a lot longer than he wanted to 😉 but I didn’t have a problem with it. Saying that, he had the flu jab through our GP practice this week and he was in and out in under 10 minutes.

I just don’t understand the anti-vaxer brigade to be honest. Yes, you can still get Covid even if you are vaccinated but unless you have a severely compromised immune system (due to cancer treatments as happened to Colin Powell in the US) you shouldn’t end up in hospital with it.

In the meantime I will keep wearing my mask on public transport or in the shops.

Take care. Helen😷
                      The last question was about masks and social distancing and why they are not practising what they preach in the HofC, the answer was "your opinion has been noted, thank you and goodbye"

Comment

According to JSP on loose women today you can just go to a walk-in vaccine centre for your booster, not sure if that is only england!!!... got mine 29 oct, OH got a letter today for 5 Nov but hopefully they will do us both together, save making the journey twice , also going on Fred 7 nov so would prefer for him to have it before that

Comment

I had my booster last week through work and my flu jab the week before. My husband had his flu jab a few weeks ago but has had to postpone his covid booster because he's had pneumonia . Hopefully he'll be able to get his booster sorted out soon.

I didn't watch the briefing earlier. Unfortunately , though I agree entirely with the vaccination programme, I don't think that alone is going to prevent us going back to the situation we had last year. I really hoped that mask wearing would be enforced again for public transport, shops and all enclosed public spaces plus social distancing. It's just so sad that so many people are going to die again before the powers that be decide what to do.
                          BIG SHIPS, little ships, small world

Comment

Originally posted by andyn, Bucks View Post

The last question was about masks and social distancing and why they are not practising what they preach in the HofC, the answer was "your opinion has been noted, thank you and goodbye"
                            Well, we were out and didn’t see the press conference to be honest. I know we wear our masks but I sure wish other people would!

Take care. Helen😷

Comment

Originally posted by ev'n'clive, HENGOED View Post
                              According to JSP on loose women today you can just go to a walk-in vaccine centre for your booster, not sure if that is only england!!!... got mine 29 oct, OH got a letter today for 5 Nov but hopefully they will do us both together, save making the journey twice , also going on Fred 7 nov so would prefer for him to have it before that
                              Good luck with that, a couple I know tried that and they would not allow the other one to have a booster as the 6 months was still 8 days away.

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                              best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                              agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                              X