• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Look Where I've Been

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Look Where I've Been

Hi Everyone

Some of my family wanted to go away (Florida was moved again), so we bit the bullet and decided despite the form filling and masks, we wanted a bit of sun.

We chose Crete, for 9 nights and it really didn't disappoint. It was beautiful, the sea was crystal clear, the hotel was fantastic, and it was great to get away and be normalish for a while

​​​​​​

Looks amazing. I must admit I'm leaning towards something like this rather than cruises in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by PeterM, Southwell View Post
      Looks amazing. I must admit I'm leaning towards something like this rather than cruises in the future.
      The paperwork was a lot easier for one Country and pretty straight forward. Cruising, unfortunately just seems a bit of a nightmare at the moment with the testing and forms for different Countries..........................Carol

Comment

Looks really relaxing and beautiful Carol, just right.
        BIG SHIPS, little ships, small world

Comment

This was my morning breakfast view, every day

​​​​​​

Comment

Hi Carol, the photos look great, thanks for sharing. Which part of the island did you stay at? My son was in Chania a few weeks back, it was pretty hot he said. Very cheap flights on Ryanair. Heard they’ve had a few earthquakes recently on Crete.

Comment

Originally posted by All at sea, Yorks View Post
              Hi Carol, the photos look great, thanks for sharing. Which part of the island did you stay at? My son was in Chania a few weeks back, it was pretty hot he said. Very cheap flights on Ryanair. Heard they’ve had a few earthquakes recently on Crete.
              We stayed in Hersonissos, and we had an earthquake about 45 minutes from us. We had people message to see if we were alright, but, thankfully we didn't feel anything!! ......................................Carol

Comment

Looks wonderful - glad you enjoyed it!

Comment

Glad you had a good time looks really nice

Comment

Originally posted by carol, welwyn garden city View Post

We stayed in Hersonissos, and we had an earthquake about 45 minutes from us. We had people message to see if we were alright, but, thankfully we didn't feel anything!! ......................................Carol
                    I know the feeling Carol...............been years since I felt the earth move...............Wilba
                    Wilba

Comment

Pleased you managed to get away for a holiday Carol, I’m sure being in the sun has really lifted your spirits. I loved the photos, especially your morning breakfast view.

I love Crete, the island is so diverse, I’ve enjoyed many lovely holidays there at various different locations.

Comment

I am SOOOOOOOOOO jealous Carol! The pictures look great and I’m glad you had a great time.

Take care. Helen

Comment

Looks fab Carol. Glad you bit the bullet.
                          don't want to work, just want to cruise.

Comment

NO sunbed hoggers there, Carol!

Glad to hear you had such a lovely break.

Comment

Originally posted by sandraggg, Newcastle View Post
                              NO sunbed hoggers there, Carol!

Glad to hear you had such a lovely break.
                              No, they had a policy of no towels on the beds until 9am, before then, they hosed all the pool area down including the sun beds, so they removed any towels. It worked really well ..................................Carol

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                              best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                              agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                              X