• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

They Are at it Again

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JohnR, Chippenham View Post
    I hear what you say but this is not really practical for the average gardener. My lawn takes about half an hour and a tank full of petrol lasts several months. I never drain the fuel out at the end of the season and it usually starts 2nd or 3rd pull of the cord the next year.

What is a practical solution?
    Our customers seem (in the main) to be engaged with the maintenance of their equipment so I do not think it impractical.

However, it is a risk you take - it's hardly onerous to follow the guidelines. Remember - all these years you have not had 10% Ethanol.

Practical solution if you are averse to this routine - buy Ethanol-free fuel.

Personally, I switched to Cordless machinery 9 years ago - with the exception of my chainsaw (when that is beyond economical repair it will be replaced with a cordless machine).

Your machinery, your choice. Your local dealer will be glad to sell you a new machine if the worst happens (assuming he can get stock - not a given).

LMM

Lawnmowerman

Comment

Originally posted by Lawnmowerman, Tain View Post

Our customers seem (in the main) to be engaged with the maintenance of their equipment so I do not think it impractical.

However, it is a risk you take - it's hardly onerous to follow the guidelines. Remember - all these years you have not had 10% Ethanol.

Practical solution if you are averse to this routine - buy Ethanol-free fuel.

Personally, I switched to Cordless machinery 9 years ago - with the exception of my chainsaw (when that is beyond economical repair it will be replaced with a cordless machine).

Your machinery, your choice. Your local dealer will be glad to sell you a new machine if the worst happens (assuming he can get stock - not a given).

LMM
      In reply to my email to Honda, may be of interests to others : Regarding E10 Fuel for your vehicle – all Honda Power Equipment products with petrol engines, produced for the EU market since 1993 YM (year model), are compatible with E10 petrol. This includes, stationary engines and Honda complete built units such as your mower.

Comment

In reply to my email to Honda, may be of interests to others : Regarding E10 Fuel for your vehicle – all Honda Power Equipment products with petrol engines, produced for the EU market since 1993 YM (year model), are compatible with E10 petrol. This includes, stationary engines and Honda complete built units such as your mower.
        I wonder if Briggs and Stratton engines are the same. I think they're American and they have had E10 for some time, I believe. I always like my Honda Accord. The quality and customer service were second to none. I would have bought another, but they stopped making them, and I'm not a fan of SUVs/crossovers or whatever you call the bulky oversized machines now on offer.

Comment

Originally posted by PeterM, Southwell View Post

I wonder if Briggs and Stratton engines are the same. I think they're American and they have had E10 for some time, I believe. I always like my Honda Accord. The quality and customer service were second to none. I would have bought another, but they stopped making them, and I'm not a fan of SUVs/crossovers or whatever you call the bulky oversized machines now on offer.
          I have a Service Letter from Briggs & Stratton emphasising the need to ensure fuel not left in the machine beyond 30 days.

LMM

Lawnmowerman

Comment

Yes, interesting John. We are not Honda dealers but I'm sure Honda customers will be pleased to learn that their expensive machines have been ahead of the curve.

The majority though, do not have Honda power units.

LMM

Lawnmowerman

Comment

The Honda should be ok, although I shall still mix it up with Ultimate/Premium Not so lucky with the Kawasaki

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
              best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
              agree to our cookie policy

Working...
              X