• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

They Are at it Again

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They Are at it Again

https://www.express.co.uk/showbiz/tv...-latest-update

How true this is. They should award the BBC the big wooden spoon for the scaremongers of the year.

Originally posted by Little Red Rouster, Lancaster View Post
    https://www.express.co.uk/showbiz/tv...-latest-update

How true this is. They should award the BBC the big wooden spoon for the scaremongers of the year.
    JMO the spurtle should be awarded to the Daily Express.

Annie

BTW My Christmas shopping is complete

Comment

Have they forgotten their own headlines from three days ago? !!

Shoppers were last night urged to buy their Christmas presents early as supply chain chaos intensified.

Comment

Apparently, according to the media, there's a bit of a Baked Beans supply crisis.

I know where they all are, in my local supermarkets, along with the other foodstuff products in short supply!

Comment

The advantage of getting people to "panic buy now is the supply chain can be better prepared and prioritize what they need to restock in the supermarkets rather than delivering stuff no one wants.

Down side is the over stocking and discounted mince pies might not happen.

Reported no fuel a week last Thur, in a few petrol station on a run we did.
          Repeat run this Thur and they have fuel, simple reason the put the price up more than the odd ones that are still running out regularly.

Going rate round us for Diesel was £1.36 got filled up for £1.37 stations with fuel(no queues) £1.45-£1.48

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs M View Post
            Apparently, according to the media, there's a bit of a Baked Beans supply crisis.

I know where they all are, in my local supermarkets, along with the other foodstuff products in short supply!
            Branston(the best)

Farm food had plenty £2.25 for 6
            3 pack £1 B&M I think is the current cheapest.

If you have those stores.

Comment

Fueling panic buying?

No problem with petrol then..

Garf

Comment

Originally posted by Topdeck, London View Post

Branston(the best)

Farm food had plenty £2.25 for 6
                3 pack £1 B&M I think is the current cheapest.

If you have those stores.
                Agree about Branston being best. I like to add a few dashes of Worcestershire sauce and a little hot chilli sauce. Makes them less sweet. We buy ours from Home Bargains.

Comment

I don't understand the necessity to stock up just in case something might be in short supply.

My family have already agreed not to exchange adult gifts this Christmas but just to give presents to the children.

If any foodstuffs are in short supply, then we'll eat an alternative, just like they did during the war and in times of rationing.

We still have 3/4 tank of petrol from before the panic buying/shortage. When we passed our local petrol garage earlier, there was obviously fuel in the pumps and not a long queue.
                  Jill

Comment

Listening to the 7:30 am news on BBC Radio2 when they reported the tragic deaths of 5 people in Norway by a person with a Bow & Arrow.

The song they played immediately after defies belief..............

Poison Arrow by ABC.

What are they playing at!

LMM

Lawnmowerman

Comment

Disgraceful, what has it come to when the BBC News is reporting the news..........along with just about every other news channel going.

and the express 2 weeks ago

​​​​​​https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/15...mas-says-Rishi

As for being 'at it again', I seem to recall it was the Transport Minister that said there was no need to panic
                      Last edited by andyn, Bucks; 16th October 2021, 02:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Topdeck, London View Post
                        The advantage of getting people to "panic buy now is the supply chain can be better prepared and prioritize what they need to restock in the supermarkets rather than delivering stuff no one wants.

Down side is the over stocking and discounted mince pies might not happen.

Reported no fuel a week last Thur, in a few petrol station on a run we did.
                        Repeat run this Thur and they have fuel, simple reason the put the price up more than the odd ones that are still running out regularly.

Going rate round us for Diesel was £1.36 got filled up for £1.37 stations with fuel(no queues) £1.45-£1.48
                        Wish we lived near you. Diesel at our garage is £1.50!

Comment

Originally posted by Lawnmowerman, Tain View Post
                          Listening to the 7:30 am news on BBC Radio2 when they reported the tragic deaths of 5 people in Norway by a person with a Bow & Arrow.

The song they played immediately after defies belief..............

Poison Arrow by ABC.

What are they playing at!

LMM
                          Nooooooo, did they ? That’s truly shocking

Comment

Originally posted by PeterM, Southwell View Post

Wish we lived near you. Diesel at our garage is £1.50!
                            the £1.36 place(Tesco)is now £1.42, still cheapest so still queues this evening.

Comment

Our village Esso filling station........£1.35.9 / litre E10 unleaded
                              £1.41.9 / litre Diesel

Inverness though...........................£1.41.9 / litre E10 unleaded
                              £1.42.9 / litre Diesel

Supermarkets cheaper but I don't use their fuel. Our village filling station (Esso) fuel is consistently cheaper than Inverness but I suspect when they next refill their E10 unleaded the price will rise - but still cheaper. No price-gouging in our village I'm happy to say.

And, with my Fuelpecker Card I save 3p / litre on E10 (4p if you were a diesel user).

Heads up for everyone with petrol engined garden tools - the Ethanol in E10 is very corrosive and WILL damage the equipment if not properly maintained (with regard to the fuel).

LMM

Lawnmowerman

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                              best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                              agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                              X