• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Be Prepared - Take Paper Copies

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Be Prepared - Take Paper Copies

From the Telegraph today : Passengers were left stranded at the airport as the NHS App went down and they were unable to show proof of vaccinations.

When we booked our recent cruise the P&O staff member advised us to take paper copies of our vaccination status as mobile phone coverage in some places at Southampton port is patchy sometimes.

However mighty and mind blowing the internet is, at times you cannot beat an old fashioned paper hardcopy.

Also make sure it is the proper paper copy not just the QR code, that's no good as some found out.

Its not just UK port/airports, passengers are getting asked to show their PAPERWORK at foreign ports getting off ships.

For vaccination status get the proper paper copy from here, not a print from the app

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/corona...d-pass-letter/

https://www.covid-status-letter.serv...now-nhs-number

or phone 119

Comment

I got everything printed and put in my cruise folder call me a troglodite but I am iffy with phones, OH doesnt even know how to answer his!!! and when we are on a ship I always have to take a proper clock as my phone puts me anywhere, normally the states!.. thing is I am going to need a suitcase soon just for my paperwork!!

Comment

I also take a screenshot of online documents so they are on my mobile. This works with the covid passport too and I've used it in that format
        BIG SHIPS, little ships, small world

Comment

Just finalising our golf trip to Cyprus in a couple of weeks time. It’s not been easy as you check in as normal but then have to wait until the 48hrs to complete the passenger locator form - only then will you be allocated your boarding passes. I’m advising everyone to take hard copies as well as adding them to the Jet2 app. I’m usually super organised but I feel the whole process is very frustrating. It would also appear the majority of Gov approved testing providers have increased their pricing for day 2 PCR tests. Many now north of £70, albeit I’ve just found one today at £43 (Randox)

Comment

I print out everything, always have and always will.

We have just got back from our Ventura cruise today and I with all my printed forms and felt it was easier for everyone and there was no holdups trying to find the required stuff online.
            don't want to work, just want to cruise.

Comment

Originally posted by mike, lanarkshire View Post
              Just finalising our golf trip to Cyprus in a couple of weeks time. It’s not been easy as you check in as normal but then have to wait until the 48hrs to complete the passenger locator form - only then will you be allocated your boarding passes. I’m advising everyone to take hard copies as well as adding them to the Jet2 app. I’m usually super organised but I feel the whole process is very frustrating. It would also appear the majority of Gov approved testing providers have increased their pricing for day 2 PCR tests. Many now north of £70, albeit I’ve just found one today at £43 (Randox)
              We used Nationwide pathology for our day 2 tests £40 each and 4* rating.

Comment

I discovered this morning that I can add my vaccination records to my Apple wallet, which is useful. The Royal Caribbean check in on the app asked me to give details of my vaccination record, and take pictures of the card.
                2018-
                Queen Victoria - Mediterranean Explorer

2019 -
                NCL Getaway - Norway and Iceland
                Adventure of the Seas - Fall Foliage

2020 -
                Jewel of the Seas - Abu Dhabi & Dubai
                Magellan - Panama Canal

Comment

Originally posted by Issyalex, Glasgow View Post
                  I print out everything, always have and always will.

We have just got back from our Ventura cruise today and I with all my printed forms and felt it was easier for everyone and there was no holdups trying to find the required stuff online.
                  Slightly off topic. Was Akosh, the very large brilliant pianist and musical director of the orchestra, back on board? We have spent many a happy time listening to him, solo and with members of the orchestra.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnR, Chippenham View Post
                    From the Telegraph today : Passengers were left stranded at the airport as the NHS App went down and they were unable to show proof of vaccinations.

When we booked our recent cruise the P&O staff member advised us to take paper copies of our vaccination status as mobile phone coverage in some places at Southampton port is patchy sometimes.

However mighty and mind blowing the internet is, at times you cannot beat an old fashioned paper hardcopy.
                    We were advised to take hard copies of all documents required a the airport when we flew out to Spain in August this year. We were so glad we did as dozens of people were delayed at the check in due to problems with their mobiles. We sailed through both at Manchester and Alicante.

Comment

Slightly off topic. Was Akosh, the very large brilliant pianist and musical director of the orchestra, back on board? We have spent many a happy time listening to him, solo and with members of the orchestra.
                      There was no orchestra onboard just a few musicians. There was also a pianist but I don’t think he was called Akosh.

Comment

There was no orchestra onboard just a few musicians. There was also a pianist but I don’t think he was called Akosh.
                        Welcome back izzy x trust you had a fabulous time x

Comment

Originally posted by ev'n'clive, HENGOED View Post

Welcome back izzy x trust you had a fabulous time x
                          Thanks en’n’clive there were a few issues but I still had a lovely time.

Comment

That is interesting, similar on Britannia a couple of weeks ago.

Comment

We always have taken them and always will!

Take care. Helen😉

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                              best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                              agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                              X