• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just out of curiosity...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just out of curiosity...

...did anyone see the latest commercial for home insurance for John Lewis? It depicts a youngster who had raided mum’s room and dressed up in some of her clothes having first absolutely trashed the room. The little darling had applied makeup not only to his face, but just about every surface he came into contact with. It was like watching a human tornado in fancy dress blasting through the house. My hubby and I watched wondering what it was advertising before the tag line made it clear. Both of us thought that we could see some little cherub copying these antics if seen. I can only hope that this ad is only ever played after 9 pm as earlier would mean that there’s a greater chance of a young child seeing it and thinking “now THAT looks like fun!”

Take care. Helen

Haven't seen it, but I wouldn't claim on the insurance... I'd make the little horror pay for it out of his pocket money for the next 25 years.

Comment

Like you I saw it and thought ...........HUH, why on earth would you let a child run the house and just sit and watch!!! Not on my watch..........................come out just in time for the new Welsh law where you cant discipline your own child.................. So glad I am the age I am

Comment

Originally posted by Mason, Altrincham View Post
        ...did anyone see the latest commercial for home insurance for John Lewis? It depicts a youngster who had raided mum’s room and dressed up in some of her clothes having first absolutely trashed the room. The little darling had applied makeup not only to his face, but just about every surface he came into contact with. It was like watching a human tornado in fancy dress blasting through the house. My hubby and I watched wondering what it was advertising before the tag line made it clear. Both of us thought that we could see some little cherub copying these antics if seen. I can only hope that this ad is only ever played after 9 pm as earlier would mean that there’s a greater chance of a young child seeing it and thinking “now THAT looks like fun!”

Take care. Helen
        And the next day the little **** is running amok in the supermarket to the amusement of his/her parent(s).

Comment

Originally posted by JohnR, Chippenham View Post

And the next day the little **** is running amok in the supermarket to the amusement of his/her parent(s).
          There could be an advertising agency pitching that idea to John Lewis right now, as the next instalment....

Comment

Twitter on 🔥 discussing that advert today. I, like many others on here, are classed as “old school” so it’s probably best that I err on the side of caution and refrain from expressing my personal feelings about it. We’ve lost the plot in this woke country.

Comment

I read in the Telegraph today that by criticising the John Lewis ad you may well be called "transphobic" by the saddo's on social media.

Here is the link but it it behind a paywall https://www.telegraph.co.uk/columnis...aign=DM1506547

The only consolation is that this woke nonsense is becoming more and more ridiculous by the day and soon the pendulum will turn.

Comment

I really couldn’t give a monkeys about the boy dressing up in his mum’s frock or putting on some makeup, but by 6 years of age most children know the difference between playing and destroying the house like that. John Lewis home Insurance said “Let life happen” , but I somehow think that if you explained how your child had gone on a wrecking spree while you sat by shell shocked I get the feeling they would be asking the parent “Well, did you try to stop him/her doing that?” I know that when my children got into mischief I was on it like a ton of bricks and would get them to stop what they were doing and sort it out. They would also get a right royal telling off from me and their dad when he got home from work.

Take care. Helen🌪

Comment

Originally posted by JohnR, Chippenham View Post
                  I read in the Telegraph today that by criticising the John Lewis ad you may well be called "transphobic" by the saddo's on social media.

Here is the link but it it behind a paywall https://www.telegraph.co.uk/columnis...aign=DM1506547

The only consolation is that this woke nonsense is becoming more and more ridiculous by the day and soon the pendulum will turn.
                  The advert is just rubbish JMO

Much prefer:

John Lewis Home Insurance great tvc Tiny girl Dancer ad ballet - YouTube

Annie

PS what the heck has Woke got to do with advert??

Comment

Originally posted by annie, Glasgow View Post

The advert is just rubbish JMO

Much prefer:

John Lewis Home Insurance great tvc Tiny girl Dancer ad ballet - YouTube

Annie

PS what the heck has Woke got to do with advert??
                    As in the boy was dressed in his mum’s frock, wearing makeup Annie. Very woke, very challenging to people who think that boys should play with Lego and girls should play with dolls.😉 I played with both.

Take care. Helen🤪

Comment

Originally posted by Mason, Altrincham View Post

As in the boy was dressed in his mum’s frock, wearing makeup Annie. Very woke, very challenging to people who think that boys should play with Lego and girls should play with dolls.😉 I played with both.

Take care. Helen🤪
                      My sisters played with dolls but I played with Dolls Houses - a neighbouring family who emigrated donated it - I loved it and I played on building sites in my pre-school days!

Lego was a luxury toy which my younger sister received. I much preferred the Meccano set my brothers had.

Annie

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                      best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                      agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                      X