• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Absolutely Ridiculous

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi all
    This is an interesting read,,,,,,another case of Corporate Welfare.
    And I watched Sunak say he will stop the temporary upgrade of £20 a week to the poorest on Universal Credit.
    https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rc...LYEF89DtX-JpiZ
    JC
    C P Scott,,,,,"Comment is Free,,but Facts are Sacred"
    "You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts.

Comment

Originally posted by Topdeck, London View Post

Marella from Newcastle are droppiing in price

16 July is reasonable at £68pppn itinerary suspect as it includes Scottish ports.
      https://www.cruise.co.uk/forum/forum...29#post1437629
      Thanks Topdeck.

That Celtic Explorer cruise is now a little less Celtic!

It has dropped its three Scottish ports and is going to Holyhead, Portland and Dover instead.

Comment

Originally posted by sandraggg, Newcastle View Post

Thanks Topdeck.

That Celtic Explorer cruise is now a little less Celtic!

It has dropped its three Scottish ports and is going to Holyhead, Portland and Dover instead.
        I was looking at a road/ship combo, not as attractive now, be interesting how many cancel(major change under package regs).

I need to have another look they will have needed to change others as well.

With Scotland is so out of control the vaccine may not be enough hazmat suite optional.

Comment

Originally posted by annie, Glasgow View Post

Cornwall is very expensive during the English school holiday period and always has been. That is all I am saying.

A bit like Fred Olsen ??

If we want to control prices in Cornwall, let's start with the locals being priced out of the local real estate market

Annie

Yes and lets start charging them rates throughout the winter when they lock up their holiday properties and leave the little villages deserted. There are big concerns going on here regarding the 2nd home situation and is fast developing into the same as was in Wales all they years ago regarding holiday homes.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by cornish girl, falmouth View Post

Yes and lets start charging them rates throughout the winter when they lock up their holiday properties and leave the little villages deserted. There are big concerns going on here regarding the 2nd home situation and is fast developing into the same as was in Wales all they years ago regarding holiday homes.
            Hi CG

in Scotland, owners of 2nd homes did pay, have to check if the rule is still in place, double rates for the full year. Is that not the situation in Cornwall??

Small village amenities like shops must struggle financially.

Annie

Comment

Hi CG
              I read an article a few weeks ago and it showed one Cornish village of 50 houses,only 2 were permanent residents.

One week last month in Cornwall Airbnb advertised 10,000 holiday homes for holiday rent.
              Rightmove showed 6 homes to rent for residents,,,,I feel for the young ones.

JC
              C P Scott,,,,,"Comment is Free,,but Facts are Sacred"
              "You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts.

Comment

It's so bad for first time buyers it was bad before the pandemic , now people are buying up properties at the drop of a hat ,gazumping is also supposed to be going on here. people have seen Cornwall on the television and have holidayed here for the last 2 years and they like what they see!! Cornwall is building homes on our green fields we will be concreted over soon. The young are in an impossible situation. Falmouth had built so many student blocks with many landlords have snapped up all the original terraced homes and they are now student flats, they used to be 1st time buyers homes in my day. at a price we could afford. Student landlords to not pay council tax , yet the students use all the services, we the rate payers pay over £200 a month. We had a huge block of student flats go up after huge controversy , now they are almost finished the owners are asking to sell them to a private buyer ?
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by cornish girl, falmouth View Post

I'm not sure what can be done abut selling 'cottages' as second homes, but slapping 100-200% rates surcharge on second homes or properties empty for more than a couple of months a year might stem the tide, a bit.

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                  best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                  agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                  X