• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will You?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JohnR, Chippenham
    started a topic Will You?

Will You?

The legal requirement to wear masks in enclosed spaces is about to be lifted.

Will you continue to wear a mask when likely to be close to others?

My wife and I certainly will.

• Topdeck, London
    replied
    I left it a couple of weeks to get more data which comes out Thursday for w/e the previous Sunday

This is up to Sunday 1st Aug

https://www.gov.uk/government/statis...to-2022-season

the age data is buried in the spreadsheet(3rd for each set)

Graph of rates per 100k as a % of the peak rate for that age group in the wave late last year

For a finer breakdown for each education year the graphs page is quite good.

Age_pk_Week31.png

The daily dashboard data is showing a levelling of as the 7 day rate of change has been rising since the steep drop

Leave a comment:

• Topdeck, London
    replied
    Originally posted by Topdeck, London View Post
    As we open up more there are going to be a lot of people giving up on the masks and other social measure.
    (Some have started already in the places I frequent)

The current data which is climbing but still lower than the previous peek hides an important part of the picture as age matters

Looking at last weeks data and the rates per 100k for the age groups.
    (28 June and 04 July 2021)

For each age group what is the rate now( per 100k compared to the highest week between W40 and W10, most of the peaks were over the Xmas break ~W53
    0 to 4 5 to 9 10 to 19 20 to 29 30 to 39 40 to 49 50 to 59 60 to 69 70 to 79 80+ 60+
    39.72% 107.86% 118.78% 65.43% 32.54% 28.42% 18.59% 13.09% 11.24% 4.47% 10.37%

if you compare that to the vaccine up take for each group you can draw your own conclusions.

case rates have gone up a lot since this data set so will be interesting what the trends are.
    I have redone this with a graph to show trends.
    Thurs release does upto weekend before schools closing.

Need to do some checks on the spreadsheet's before posting.

if right in that week 10-19 age group went to over double the previous peak.

This is with testing in schools in place so that did a load of good.

Also ~30% were off secondary school the shutdown had started

going to be interesting were thing go now.

We have schools closed, pinggate with loads isolating, freedom day, ping exemptions coming.

Would be nice if published the trial events data to see what impact that had.

Scotland numbers still dropping.

There is a very worry increase in care homes getting outbreaks of Covid..

Leave a comment:

• Topdeck, London
    replied
    Shut schools 2 weeks later cases start dropping........

Leave a comment:

• annie, Glasgow
    replied
    When did Scottish schools finish?
    When did cases start dropping?

Anyone done the age breakdowns for Scotland?

What a mess the mask policy is across the UK.
    Here you go:
    Daily COVID-19 Cases in Scotland - Daily Case Trends By Age and Sex - Scottish Health and Social Care Open Data (nhs.scot)

Usual age group culprits.

School holidays started Jun 25. Re-open Aug 16.

Cases have dropped in last week.

Annie

Leave a comment:

• Topdeck, London
    replied
    When did Scottish schools finish?
    When did cases start dropping?

Anyone done the age breakdowns for Scotland?

What a mess the mask policy is across the UK.

Leave a comment:

• Topdeck, London
    replied
    school data out

https://explore-education-statistics...id-19-outbreak.

School contacts go up isolations go up cases in kids go up

The respiratory outbreaks in schools are at record levels.

I can see what Boris is up to

Remove restrictions, schools shut down, testing of kids will stop and numbers might go down as well due to reduced contact.

Removing restrictions works.......till Sept.

New case data tomorrow be interested what the distributions will be.

Leave a comment:

• annie, Glasgow
    replied
    Originally posted by Nichola Beveridge, Dunfermline View Post
    No 😁 no 😮 no 😎
    Good luck with that.

The FM announced today that mandatory masks will remain in Scotland 'for some time'.

Scotland is moving to level 0 but the rules (inside and outside) will not permit a 'family bunfight'

Annie

Leave a comment:

• Nichola Beveridge, Dunfermline
    replied
    No 😁 no 😮 no 😎

Leave a comment:

• Topdeck, London
    replied
    As we open up more there are going to be a lot of people giving up on the masks and other social measure.
    (Some have started already in the places I frequent)

The current data which is climbing but still lower than the previous peek hides an important part of the picture as age matters

Looking at last weeks data and the rates per 100k for the age groups.
    (28 June and 04 July 2021)

For each age group what is the rate now( per 100k compared to the highest week between W40 and W10, most of the peaks were over the Xmas break ~W53
    0 to 4 5 to 9 10 to 19 20 to 29 30 to 39 40 to 49 50 to 59 60 to 69 70 to 79 80+ 60+
    39.72% 107.86% 118.78% 65.43% 32.54% 28.42% 18.59% 13.09% 11.24% 4.47% 10.37%

if you compare that to the vaccine up take for each group you can draw your own conclusions.

case rates have gone up a lot since this data set so will be interesting what the trends are.

Leave a comment:

• Topdeck, London
    replied
    I check in because I want the venue alerts, I can then use my own judgment on getting tested,(tracing was only on a couple of weeks.

We park near a walk in in testing station so not that big a disruption to my day if I feel the need for a test..

It looks like one food venue has been closed probably, covid related, and a salon near that as well.

Leave a comment:

• andyn, Bucks
    replied
    I am quite surprised by the numbers, suggests a lot of people still using the app and there are still a lot of downloads each week.

https://stats.app.covid19.nhs.uk/

12m check in a week down from a peak of 14m. ( I do my fare share)

then there is test and trace data .
    https://assets.publishing.service.go...ace_Week57.pdf

The Test and trace had ~110k cases that reported ~280k contacts ~193k of those were same household so not hard to trace they got to ~183k.
    non household the other ~87k the got to ~59k

still not that good a hit rate.

now the app had 61k cases and pinged 356k contacts based on those

Don't know where the overlap is but will tweaking the app make any difference to the T&T contact workload if they are different data sets?.

App is averaging 6 contacts T&T 2.55 contacts.

The move to a less aggressive isolation strategy to reflect the vaccine demographic makes sense if they can provide the testing capacity and have people check their own status.

There is an interesting report from china that has looked at Delta they found that the viral loads replicated much quicker and made it more transmissible sooner.

https://virological.org/t/viral-infe...-2-variant/724

I still use check-in, but tracing has been off for quite a while. The only reason I still use check in is it is faster and easier than signing in. Although I have been to a couple of places where they are not bothering with either, and then others where they are very strict and actually check your screen to ensure you are not just using a screenshot.

Leave a comment:

• andyn, Bucks
    replied
    Originally posted by annie, Glasgow View Post

On the James O'Brien show this morning, an employer stated that only SSP is payable. CSP s discretionary.

Hardly a lottery win

Annie
    Yeah, but there are still plenty that are paying CSP, those that aren't getting it would most probably have turned the tracking off.

Leave a comment:

• Topdeck, London
    replied
    I am quite surprised by the numbers, suggests a lot of people still using the app and there are still a lot of downloads each week.

https://stats.app.covid19.nhs.uk/

12m check in a week down from a peak of 14m. ( I do my fare share)

then there is test and trace data .
    https://assets.publishing.service.go...ace_Week57.pdf

The Test and trace had ~110k cases that reported ~280k contacts ~193k of those were same household so not hard to trace they got to ~183k.
    non household the other ~87k the got to ~59k

still not that good a hit rate.

now the app had 61k cases and pinged 356k contacts based on those

Don't know where the overlap is but will tweaking the app make any difference to the T&T contact workload if they are different data sets?.

App is averaging 6 contacts T&T 2.55 contacts.

The move to a less aggressive isolation strategy to reflect the vaccine demographic makes sense if they can provide the testing capacity and have people check their own status.

There is an interesting report from china that has looked at Delta they found that the viral loads replicated much quicker and made it more transmissible sooner.

https://virological.org/t/viral-infe...-2-variant/724

Leave a comment:

• annie, Glasgow
    replied
    Originally posted by andyn, Bucks View Post

Think the only people that still have it on are those that want to get pinged, i.e. those that get sick pay
    On the James O'Brien show this morning, an employer stated that only SSP is payable. CSP s discretionary.

Hardly a lottery win

Annie

Leave a comment:

We use cookies to give you the
best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
agree to our cookie policy

Working...
X