• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will You?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Topdeck, London
    replied
    We couldn't keep the Alpha (very likely home grown ) varient under control.

you can't keep them out

It's been a free for all in Ibiza supposed to be green.

Leave a comment:

• mike, lanarkshire
    replied
    Originally posted by PeterM, Southwell View Post
    I will in crowded locations, e.g. a busy shop, but probably won't where there is no risk of close contact. I really don't like wearing masks, especially in warm weather, but a little common sense is needed I think.
    Agree, this will be my strategy too

Leave a comment:

• annie, Glasgow
    replied
    Originally posted by philhar, wallasey View Post
    Hindsight or following the figures?India should have been closed off the same time as Pakistan was ,Delta variant there's a clue in the title..
    Delta variant was first identified in USA in December 2020 having been previously identified in India in October 2020.

The UK placed Pakistan and Bangladesh on the Red list on 9th April and India, the home of the variant, 2 weeks later.

I just wish the world and especially the UK was a bit more proactive.

A consequence of the lack of proactive action is that the UK has been placed on a Black List by some countries and Hong Kong won't even allow planes from the U.K. To land.

Annie

PS I can't wait until I can have a bonfire of my disposable masks.
    Last edited by annie, Glasgow; 5th July 2021, 04:32 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Garfield, Waterlooville
    replied
    The Delta Variant was worldwide before even Pakistan was closed off.
    Unless you close the borders completely to travel and make them goods only it would still get in as in Australia.

Garf

Leave a comment:

• Mrs M
    replied
    Hindsight or following the figures?India should have been closed off the same time as Pakistan was ,Delta variant there's a clue in the title..
    The definition of hindsight is understanding a situation after it has happened. Following figures requires understanding, Misunderstanding or ignoring, hind sight says it would have been better if borders had been closed, hence my use of the word, hindsight annd yes, it's a great weapon to beat the present.
    Oh that the world should be perfect. It isn't and never will be.
    Last edited by Mrs M; 5th July 2021, 04:12 PM.

Leave a comment:

• philhar, wallasey
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Mrs M
    replied
    Hindsight is a marvellous weapon with which to beat the present and although I am one who has advocated closed borders, we are not a compliant population and I can only imagine the almost anarchy which would have ensued if borders to the UK had been shut.

Leave a comment:

• All at sea, Yorks
    replied
    Originally posted by annie, Glasgow View Post

Politics or blame shifting or a distraction because there will be little relaxation of overseas travel restrictions soon??

The reason the Delta variant is so well seeded is because the government failed to place India on the Red List quickly enough. Some countries have placed UK on a Black List and insist UK citizens quarantine.

Interesting to note that Israel, the world leader in vaccinations, has just reimposed their mask rules. I wonder what they know??

Ryanair have stated their mask rules will remain.

Annie

And I've yet to hear this government admit responsibility for this. All we hear is flim flam and bluster. Not good enough!

Leave a comment:

• Topdeck, London
    replied
    Even with the current rules places are getting hit and having to shut down dues to lack of staff.

There is the risk that rather than open more of the economy it starts to shut down more unless we abandon isolation for positive cases as well.

a lot of sectors that employ the school leavers into their early 20's are wide open to becoming hotbeds as there are higher proportion of asymptomatic carriers.

Leave a comment:

• annie, Glasgow
    replied
    Why is there such a rush to remove mask wearing?Once you have removed the need, it would be much more difficult to re-impose it,should there be another big spike in September/October,which is predicted. This is a populist move when the science shows it is effective. I will continue to wear it in shops and similar venues and anywhere crowded.

Politics or blame shifting or a distraction because there will be little relaxation of overseas travel restrictions soon??

The reason the Delta variant is so well seeded is because the government failed to place India on the Red List quickly enough. Some countries have placed UK on a Black List and insist UK citizens quarantine.

Interesting to note that Israel, the world leader in vaccinations, has just reimposed their mask rules. I wonder what they know??

Ryanair have stated their mask rules will remain.

Annie

Leave a comment:

• Issyalex, Glasgow
    replied
    Thankfully we don’t ditch the masks for a wee while more. However when we do I’ll still be wear mine when I’m in a supermarket or on public transport or if I feel vulnerable but on the other hand if I forget my mask then I won’t have to go back home to get it or feel I cannot go inside a shop/cafe/restaurant. Everyone needs to use their common sense and remember there’s no right or wrong if wearing a mask or not.

Leave a comment:

• philhar, wallasey
    replied
    Why is there such a rush to remove mask wearing?Once you have removed the need, it would be much more difficult to re-impose it,should there be another big spike in September/October,which is predicted. This is a populist move when the science shows it is effective. I will continue to wear it in shops and similar venues and anywhere crowded.

Leave a comment:

• sandraggg, Newcastle
    replied
    I hate wearing face coverings but I am prepared to do so to protect others.

I have every sympathy for workers in shops, on public transport and in other busy settings who may find themselves at the mercy of their customers' choices.
    ​​​​​​
    Also, some of the most vulnerable people in society are more likely to find themselves on public transport. Yes, they can wear their own masks to help protect themselves but I think it would have inconvenienced very few people to continue the general requirement for everyone to wear them in certain settings, unless exempt.

​​​​​

Leave a comment:

• ev'n'clive, HENGOED
    replied
    My mask will be going west, cant wait to get rid, would still wear them on public transport but thats it........ It will be great to go into a shop and understand people again... I was in our local ( very friendly ) supermarket a while ago and the till girl was telling the man behind me that he couldnt put his grocieries on the belt yet, he couldnt understand her and she just kept shouting at him, then she said to me he must be stupid or something, I pointed out he was probably hard of hearing and was used to reading lips, she just hurumphed at me.........

Leave a comment:

• andyn, Bucks
    replied
    Yes, in crowded areas, public transport and shops Again it is not about yourself, masks are worn to protect others. I am amazed that there is any plan to remove this. Feel sorry for any public facing staff having to continue as if the virus has magically disappeared on the 20th.
    We still refuse to learn anything from Eastern countries who have been through previous pandemics and continue to wear masks and have a much lower death rate.
    Last edited by andyn, Bucks; 5th July 2021, 12:14 PM.

Leave a comment:

We use cookies to give you the
best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
agree to our cookie policy

Working...
X