• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will You?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• andyn, Bucks
    replied
    Originally posted by annie, Glasgow View Post

I have 1 Unapproved Post pending - time to add another.

They have to 'tweak' the App or face the consequences of trying to recruit tens of thousands additional tracers. BTW did they not recently terminate the contracts of some tracers?

Annie
    Think the only people that still have it on are those that want to get pinged, i.e. those that get sick pay

Leave a comment:

• annie, Glasgow
    replied
    Originally posted by andyn, Bucks View Post
    Today they are talking about reducing the sensitivity. May aswell just scrap it, our world beating app that most have already deleted, if not deleted, the tracking turned off and only used to check in, and even that will be redundant soon.
    I have 1 Unapproved Post pending - time to add another.

They have to 'tweak' the App or face the consequences of trying to recruit tens of thousands additional tracers. BTW did they not recently terminate the contracts of some tracers?

Annie

Leave a comment:

• andyn, Bucks
    replied
    Today they are talking about reducing the sensitivity. May aswell just scrap it, our world beating app that most have already deleted, if not deleted, the tracking turned off and only used to check in, and even that will be redundant soon.

Leave a comment:

• sandraggg, Newcastle
    replied
    Originally posted by andyn, Bucks View Post

Sounds like they will be scrapping the app. One way to reduce the number self isolating.

I wonder how many of these revellers will be pinged by that app...

I guess a lot of pub landlords have probably been fined £1,000 for allowing customers to chant and sing while supporting England...

Leave a comment:

• annie, Glasgow
    replied
    Originally posted by All at sea, Yorks View Post
    [/B]

I agree and also I thought the WHO was still urging mandatory use of masks in crowded and indoor situations plus a number of other measures (which are being dumped here). And as for general common sense......well!

As I said in a recent post it feels as though we are being sent to hell in a handcart. And if it all goes pear shaped then we will get the blame for not showing common sense.

Is this all about blame shifting by the government........?
    And the Amber List rules for England is to change as well.

JMO - they should wait until after the month of July when all the big sporting events have completed.

Amend too many rules at the one time, it can become difficult to pinpoint any source of any additional cases.

Annie

Leave a comment:

• All at sea, Yorks
    replied
    Originally posted by Mrs M View Post

Probably because he hasn't a clue! Mind you, do the ''experts' know for certain? I haven't a clue there. Sadly.

I am for opening the country up as far as our daily lives are concerned [travel is another matter] especially on the self isolation if contacted as a possible contact, but I think masks should still be mandatory [or as mandatory as they have been for some]. As for relying on the population's common sense, I think we all know sense is not common to a part of society so that's a wash out for starters.

I agree and also I thought the WHO was still urging mandatory use of masks in crowded and indoor situations plus a number of other measures (which are being dumped here). And as for general common sense......well!

As I said in a recent post it feels as though we are being sent to hell in a handcart. And if it all goes pear shaped then we will get the blame for not showing common sense.

Is this all about blame shifting by the government........?

Leave a comment:

• Topdeck, London
    replied
    All staged with the questions vetted in advance.

I can't decide if they just don't know the answers or are a scared to answer because they are not good.

This modelling data I have no idea where that is and I probably do more data search/analysis than most
    maybe that should be on my list.

There is a lot of data around but some is not that easy to find and some is pre processed losing some important context.

Leave a comment:

• andyn, Bucks
    replied
    Originally posted by Mrs M View Post

Probably because he hasn't a clue! Mind you, do the ''experts' know for certain? I haven't a clue there. Sadly.

I am for opening the country up, especially on the self isolation if contacted as a possible contact, but I think masks should still be mandatory [or as mandatory as they have been for some]. As for relying on the population's common sense, I think we all know sense is not common to a large swathe of society so that's a wash out for starters.
    Sounds like they will be scrapping the app. One way to reduce the number self isolating.

Leave a comment:

• Mrs M
    replied
    Originally posted by sandraggg, Newcastle View Post
    I am not sure I have any opinion on whether opening up on 'freedom day' is the right thing to do, but it bothers me that, when Boris Johnson is asked about modelling for hospital admissions, deaths and cases of long covid, he simply refuses to answer.

Whatever anyone's view of acceptable risk, surely we should be told.

I am for opening the country up as far as our daily lives are concerned [travel is another matter] especially on the self isolation if contacted as a possible contact, but I think masks should still be mandatory [or as mandatory as they have been for some]. As for relying on the population's common sense, I think we all know sense is not common to a part of society so that's a wash out for starters.

Leave a comment:

• sandraggg, Newcastle
    replied
    Originally posted by Topdeck, London View Post

I was pretty sure I heard him say(at that briefing Monday) the modelling will be published...........

let me check.......

found it...... it was Vallance that said modelling "will be published in the normal way"
    around min 38:08 for th question and answer around 39:10

( direct link to the time if the embed does not work.
    https://youtu.be/9C0vDBb1USI?t=2288

Thanks for that.

My point, though, was that I'd like a straight answer to this, to come out of the Prime Minister's mouth when he is asked a straight question (eg at PMQs). Also, the problem with those press briefings is that there are no follow up questions allowed, so no opportunity to challenge or discuss in more depth.

Leave a comment:

• Topdeck, London
    replied
    Originally posted by sandraggg, Newcastle View Post
    I am not sure I have any opinion on whether opening up on 'freedom day' is the right thing to do, but it bothers me that, when Boris Johnson is asked about modelling for hospital admissions, deaths and cases of long covid, he simply refuses to answer.

I was pretty sure I heard him say(at that briefing Monday) the modelling will be published...........

let me check.......

found it...... it was Vallance that said modelling "will be published in the normal way"
    around min 38:08 for th question and answer around 39:10

( direct link to the time if the embed does not work.
    https://youtu.be/9C0vDBb1USI?t=2288

Leave a comment:

• sandraggg, Newcastle
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Topdeck, London
    replied
    I also think(not looked for the data) that the deaths we are seeing in the fully vaccinated will be positives test as a contributory factor to some other condition in a lot of cases.
    I new it was best not to guess.......... turn out that was very wrong.

There were 99 deaths involving coronavirus (COVID-19) registered in England and Wales in the week ending 25 June 2021.
    Of these, 97 deaths were registered in England, one in Wales and one was death of a non-resident.
    Deaths involving COVID-19 accounted for 1.1% of all deaths registered that week.
    COVID-19 was the underlying cause of 84.8% of deaths listed as involving the disease.
    In contrast, only 24.3% of deaths involving influenza or pneumonia had these conditions listed as the underlying cause of death.

Leave a comment:

• Topdeck, London
    replied
    Originally posted by annie, Glasgow View Post

Apologies - I should have clarified. Herd Immunity against Covid 19 not just against severe disease.

It might save the cost of booster.

Annie
    Little difference as people will still be testing positive and getting symptoms even at 100% with a level of antibodies as good as double jabbed.

The key data point is when you are stopping too many people getting sick enough to need hospital and I think we are there already for the majority.

As I said for 35+ we are very close to 100% anyway, not much more you can do for them other than monitor.

even with the gaps the total coverage is 79%-89% already.

The 18-34 gap is getting filled with jabs so that will bring the overall up

There is a antibody gap with <18 and filling that with acquired rather than vaccine is not that unreasonable if they really don't get sick when numbers go up
    cases already at 75% of the last peak another couple of weeks in school should get it higher.

Could there be a case for abandoning all social measures and testing in schools where all teachers are vaccinated.

I also think(not looked for the data) that the deaths we are seeing in the fully vaccinated will be positives test as a contributory factor to some other condition in a lot of cases.

The need for a booster won't go away if immunity drops off, if it does likely to happen with both acquired and induced.

The bigger risk is mutations away from the protective envelope you have, which is only a subset of the antigens.

Last time I looked(which is quite a while ago) the theory kids were not getting so sick was the infection mechanism was different to that of adults, a mutation that fixes that weakness could be devastating quite quickly if we take our eye of the ball.

Leave a comment:

• annie, Glasgow
    replied
    Originally posted by Topdeck, London View Post
    Herd immunity, against severe disease we are there already.
    (England devolved nations are a bit behind)

Modelling from 2 jabs antibody presence is over 85% for the 50+ and 95% 60+

35+ 1 jab/infection models suggest 95% have antibody.

That all the vulnerable ages covered well into herd levels..

Below that age sever disease is less common anyway and modelling suggest over 50% have antibodes in the 16-34 age groups and 18+ the jabs are catching up so that will climb quickly.

Apologies - I should have clarified. Herd Immunity against Covid 19 not just against severe disease.

It might save the cost of booster.

Annie

Leave a comment:

We use cookies to give you the
best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
agree to our cookie policy

Working...
X