• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will You?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will You?

The legal requirement to wear masks in enclosed spaces is about to be lifted.

Will you continue to wear a mask when likely to be close to others?

My wife and I certainly will.

Hi John
    I can't believe we won't now be expected to wear masks for doctors, hospitals, dentists etc where you have closer contact than the norm.
    Seeing will be believing.

Garf

Comment

A couple of weeks ago they lifted the mandate here in Spain about wearing masks in open spaces where social distancing couldn't be guaranteed. Thie was a relief, as this is a very rural area and it was ridiculous to be expected to wear them when you were miles away from anybody in the countryside. But they are still requlired in enclosed spaces.

Comment

I will in crowded locations, e.g. a busy shop, but probably won't where there is no risk of close contact. I really don't like wearing masks, especially in warm weather, but a little common sense is needed I think.

Comment

The comments below pretty much sum up how I feel about the governments intentions......and I shall continue to wear a mask in shops etc to protect myself and others,

Todays Guardian states 'experts react with dismay to 'frightening' attitude of the 'health' secretary towards removing protections. They also caution that lifting of Covid rules is like building 'variant factories' at a very fast rate.

Also ......

9E74273B-6F25-4945-88A1-65BE8060397C.png

Comment

Originally posted by JohnR, Chippenham View Post
            The legal requirement to wear masks in enclosed spaces is about to be lifted.

Will you continue to wear a mask when likely to be close to others?

My wife and I certainly will.
            I observed as others have that some citizens had abandoned mask wearing, social distancing.

JMO social responsibility ??

Annie

Comment

If I don't have to wear it, I won't, but if people want to wear them then that's their right.

I wonder what they will do about the mask wearing on my school run. Currently the children don't wear one, but the driver and me have to....................................Carol

Comment

I will be wearing a mask in situations I deem appropriate but that is a personal preference.

Comment

There needs to be a lot of thought given to the safety of shop and public transport workers who will be directly affected by any changes. Particularly as we are already back up to January levels with the highly rapid rise in covid cases.

Comment

Yes, in crowded areas, public transport and shops Again it is not about yourself, masks are worn to protect others. I am amazed that there is any plan to remove this. Feel sorry for any public facing staff having to continue as if the virus has magically disappeared on the 20th.
                    We still refuse to learn anything from Eastern countries who have been through previous pandemics and continue to wear masks and have a much lower death rate.
                    Last edited by andyn, Bucks; 5th July 2021, 12:14 PM.

Comment

My mask will be going west, cant wait to get rid, would still wear them on public transport but thats it........ It will be great to go into a shop and understand people again... I was in our local ( very friendly ) supermarket a while ago and the till girl was telling the man behind me that he couldnt put his grocieries on the belt yet, he couldnt understand her and she just kept shouting at him, then she said to me he must be stupid or something, I pointed out he was probably hard of hearing and was used to reading lips, she just hurumphed at me.........

Comment

I hate wearing face coverings but I am prepared to do so to protect others.

I have every sympathy for workers in shops, on public transport and in other busy settings who may find themselves at the mercy of their customers' choices.
                        ​​​​​​
                        Also, some of the most vulnerable people in society are more likely to find themselves on public transport. Yes, they can wear their own masks to help protect themselves but I think it would have inconvenienced very few people to continue the general requirement for everyone to wear them in certain settings, unless exempt.

​​​​​

Comment

Why is there such a rush to remove mask wearing?Once you have removed the need, it would be much more difficult to re-impose it,should there be another big spike in September/October,which is predicted. This is a populist move when the science shows it is effective. I will continue to wear it in shops and similar venues and anywhere crowded.

Comment

Thankfully we don’t ditch the masks for a wee while more. However when we do I’ll still be wear mine when I’m in a supermarket or on public transport or if I feel vulnerable but on the other hand if I forget my mask then I won’t have to go back home to get it or feel I cannot go inside a shop/cafe/restaurant. Everyone needs to use their common sense and remember there’s no right or wrong if wearing a mask or not.
                            don't want to work, just want to cruise.

Comment

Originally posted by philhar, wallasey View Post
                              Why is there such a rush to remove mask wearing?Once you have removed the need, it would be much more difficult to re-impose it,should there be another big spike in September/October,which is predicted. This is a populist move when the science shows it is effective. I will continue to wear it in shops and similar venues and anywhere crowded.

Politics or blame shifting or a distraction because there will be little relaxation of overseas travel restrictions soon??

The reason the Delta variant is so well seeded is because the government failed to place India on the Red List quickly enough. Some countries have placed UK on a Black List and insist UK citizens quarantine.

Interesting to note that Israel, the world leader in vaccinations, has just reimposed their mask rules. I wonder what they know??

Ryanair have stated their mask rules will remain.

Annie

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                              best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                              agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                              X