• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

We are loving Jersey

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Jersey Museum and tapestry in St Helier is a must. For dining there is a smallchain, from memory Thr Boathouse, the Birdhouse and the Farmhouse. This was a few years ago and things change.

Comment

We had a change of plan today. We missed the bus to St Catherine's along with other tourists. The bus station was rather confusing. We thought the bus would depart from the front of the station but it didn't. Unknown to us it was hiding behind sliding door at the rear. By the time we realise it had gone.
      Some caught the bus to the lighthouse at le Corbiere instead. From there we walked along a disused railway line to St Brelades Bay. Hope the photo uploads for Mrs M.
      Had a coffe stop at the Crab Shack overlooking the vast expanse of beach. We were tempted by the tents and sun loungers fir hire but the cool northerly wind was a bit fresh. We returned to St Helier by bus and had yet another delicious Jersey ice cream.20210623_121002.jpg

Comment

20210623_125332.jpg Beach at St Brelades bay

Comment

Beautiful St Brelades Bay.
          We love the Crab Shack too, they do an amazing crab sandwich... Hubby loved the seafood platter x

Comment

Ps wish I had thought to mention that about the bus station... It can be confusing until you get used to it, with the sliding doors...

Comment

Originally posted by ilovesunshine, east yorks View Post
              20210623_125332.jpg Beach at St Brelades bay
              Thank you. That brought a smile to my face.
              x

Comment

Hi ILS, you are really selling Jersey to me. I remember going in the 70's ( heard that Keith Moon had died while we were there!). We stayed at a B'n'B, but to be honest, don't remember where. I remember St Helier. Gorey and playing pitch and putt at St Ouens. We went to the German hospitals on both Jersey and Guernsey. Very moving experiences. Your posts have re-ignited my interest in going again.

Barb

Comment

Originally posted by Tracey, East Yorkshire View Post
                  Ps wish I had thought to mention that about the bus station... It can be confusing until you get used to it, with the sliding doors...
                  No problems today. We found the hidden bus to St Catherine's

Comment

We have had a fabulous day today. Sunshine all the way. We caught the bus from St Helier to St Catherine's this morning. There was a lovely little cafe there overlooking the pier but we had a substantial breakfast so we went straight to the coastal path in the direction of Gorey. The 3 mile walk took longer than expected as we had to keep stopping to admire the spectacular views. It was quite tricky under foot in places but well worth the effort. We hardly saw anyone else along the way.
                    At the end of the path in a pretty cove we stopped for a coffee break. The next part of the walk took us along the roadside but it wasn't a problem as hardly any traffic apart from some very fit looking cyclist.
                    The walk ended at Gorey Castle. We spent a good hour wandering around the ancient building then made our way into the village for a crab sandwich before catching the bus back to St Helier.

Comment

Glad you are enjoying Jersey. Lots of great information here which people have kindly shared. Hope one day to be able to use it.

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Bloggs, Tyne and Wear View Post
                        Glad you are enjoying Jersey. Lots of great information here which people have kindly shared. Hope one day to be able to use it.
                        It's always good to hear from people who have visited places you intend to visit. We really liked the look of the hotel recommended by Mrs M. If we go back we would like to stay there. We went to the races last night. Super course with sea views. The sun came out after a rainy day. It was the first .eating for 22 months so all theories were very excited to be there and arrived ready to party with picnics and drinks. It was all very well organised. We booked tickets for a coach from St Helier to take us there and back. A perfect end to our holiday. We are home now. I think we saw Scarlet Lady docked next to another large ship as we flew home. Maybe someone will know. Looked like it was in Portsmouth. We are booked to sail on her in August.

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                        best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                        agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                        X