• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bit Random

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bit Random

Hi Everyone

Hope you're all ok.

Just wondered if you have managed to keep the calories in check during these uncertain times?

I have a sweet tooth, not so much chocolate, but liquorice in particular, with the sugary centre. Iceland and B&M do a packet called Flyers, and unfortunately if I eat 1 I just can't stop!

My other half is more a savoury snacker and loves cheese and biscuits. Once we are told we can go on out again, we will have to get on a strict diet pronto

Whats your downfall? .................................................. ..........Carol

Originally posted by carol, welwyn garden city View Post
    Hi Everyone

Hope you're all ok.

Just wondered if you have managed to keep the calories in check during these uncertain times?...

Whats your downfall? .................................................. ..........Carol
    Food.............................................. !

Comment

My downfall is everything I eat. It's a sad fact that if I like it it's bad for me and vice versa. I have a sweet tooth too, and I' a grazer, but I tend not to eat big meals, so at the moment I'm maintaining my normal weight which is a bit too heavy but never mind.

Comment

Originally posted by carol, welwyn garden city View Post
        Hi Everyone

Hope you're all ok.

Just wondered if you have managed to keep the calories in check during these uncertain times?

I have a sweet tooth, not so much chocolate, but liquorice in particular, with the sugary centre. Iceland and B&M do a packet called Flyers, and unfortunately if I eat 1 I just can't stop!

My other half is more a savoury snacker and loves cheese and biscuits. Once we are told we can go on out again, we will have to get on a strict diet pronto

Hop you are OK too Carol.

Lost some weight last January and have kept it off although I could do with losing more.

I have a sweet tooth but I control it by not including any confectionery in my shopping. If I want something sweet, I have to bake it.

Like Peter, I am a grazer and definitely more so as I get older.

Annie

Comment

Have lost around a stone in the last 3months or so, due to certain tastes changing. Last summer couldn't stop eating chocolate, now not interested in it. But I do love wine gums and mint sweets, so having to keep a watch on that as I don't want to put the weight back on.

Barb

Comment

Chocolate, sweets, cakes...........yes I have a sweet tooth!

I try not to buy them as I wouldn’t go to the shop if I took a notion but then hubby will bring them in for me as a ‘treat’. I tell him not to but he still does.
            don't want to work, just want to cruise.

Comment

Biscuits are my downfall, especially chocolate ones. I try not to buy them, but husband complains if there is nothing sweet to have with his elevenses.

Comment

Being a moderate eater I tend not to overdo the ‘extras’ but do enjoy a plain biscuit or two to go with my cuppa. But rather partial to a bag of Quavers though!

Comment

Cheese, cheese is my thing any sort apart from goat... UGH the food of the devil... not got a sweet tooth but about once a year or so a nice raspbeery jam and extra mature cheddar chees sandwich, totally fabulous x heather x

Comment

Thankfully counting the calories is not something I have ever had to bother with other than prior to having my gall bladder removal operation, eat what I like when I like.

My weight having stayed constant for approx the last 12 years, It has increased by only 3lb since I did my first cruise in 2008 when I was 12st 7lbs. Allso have a sweet tooth, biscuits, cakes, sweets etc, Christmas I received a dozen packets of my favourite chocolate toffees as a present. I have a cupboard full of packets of sweets, jelly babies, wine gums, sherbet lemons, and obviously chocolate toffees, I don’t sit and stuff myself with them, just a few each night.

If I were to put on weight it would be more to do with the the lack of exercise during the lock down.
                    Last edited by Delboy, Essex; 2nd February 2021, 09:19 PM.
                    Delboy

Photo Albums

https://www.flickriver.com/photos/delboyalbums/sets/

or

https://www.flickr.com/photos/delboyalbums/albums

Comment

Originally posted by smtcan, Scarborough View Post
                      Biscuits are my downfall, especially chocolate ones. I try not to buy them, but husband complains if there is nothing sweet to have with his elevenses.
                      It's ours too. OH can't have a cup of tea or coffee without having 'a nibble' as he calls it. Consequently, it's either digestive of chocolate digestives every time we have a drink.

I think that Weightwatchers and Slimming World will be inundated with people signing up when we are finally allowed out again.
                      Jill

Comment

Originally posted by Smith7 View Post

It's ours too. OH can't have a cup of tea or coffee without having 'a nibble' as he calls it. Consequently, it's either digestive of chocolate digestives every time we have a drink.

I think that Weightwatchers and Slimming World will be inundated with people signing up when we are finally allowed out again.
                        I am with you on this, also can’t have a cuppa tea or coffee approx 6 per day (5 x tea, 1 x coffee) without something to eat, other than with the 3 main meals (breakfast, lunch & dinner), the others it’s cakes or biscuits, favourite biscuits chocolate digestives. Favourite cake Lorraine’s homemade bread pudding with loads of fruit.

Never been to a slimming club other than to take and collect my wife, she gave up on them years ago.
                        Last edited by Delboy, Essex; 2nd February 2021, 07:48 PM.
                        Delboy

Photo Albums

or

Comment

Lost weight during the summer as we were walking more doing mini shops with a back pack.

Put most back on once the car came out again kept it under 100kg.
                          Not checked for over a month.

Don't snack much mainly just a portion of mixed nuts in the evening

Don't eat when bored which helps, drinking beer does not.

Often happy with one meal a day and it does not have to be a big one.
                          ​​​​​

(different when going out and cruises)

​​

Comment

Coincidence, my wife does not know this thread exists, has just 8:05pm brought me in a cup of tea with two chocolate digestives, she has two small lemon slices.

She did ask me what I wanted with my tea.
                            Delboy

Photo Albums

or

Comment

I've put on 2 stone this last year , a combination of too much food and not enough proper exercise. I signed up for weight watchers three weeks ago and have lost half a stone so far 😁 but it's a struggle to keep motivated sometimes and then I just want to eat marmalade on toast all day!!
                              I don't have to go to meetings , it's so on line in the WW app and really helpful if I read it 😉

Another bonus is OH is losing a bit too as there aren't any biscuits or cakes in the house!

BIG SHIPS, little ships, small world

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                              best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                              agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                              X