• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How is everyone?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1fifthavenue, birmingham
    started a topic How is everyone?

How is everyone?

Hello all, hope all the forum members are keeping well. I've not been on for a while, been extremely busy in my IT job with making sure we can keep the power stations going with all but essential staff working from home.

We had covid in late October / early November, thankfully just mild and recovered except all I can smell now is cigarette smoke, despite not being smokers!

How is everyone feeling about cruising in the future? I'm looking forward to getting on the water again, doubting now whether our May cruise will happen though not officially cancelled.

• Issyalex, Glasgow
    replied
    Originally posted by annie, Glasgow View Post

That works too or glaikit??

Annie
    Oh my favourite word.....glaikit.

Leave a comment:

• annie, Glasgow
    replied
    Originally posted by Issyalex, Glasgow View Post

Or numpty. 😂
    That works too or glaikit??

Annie

Leave a comment:

• Issyalex, Glasgow
    replied

Eejit is the word I use.

Annie
    Or numpty. 😂

Leave a comment:

• annie, Glasgow
    replied
    Originally posted by Gill Nickson, Albox View Post

I love the Scottish word cockwomble - which so accurately describes half of the Government!
    And a newly-coined word (which suits a certain person down to the ground) is 'testiculating'
    which means waving your arms around whilst talking boll***s
    Eejit is the word I use.

Annie

Leave a comment:

• Gill Nickson, Albox
    replied

We have some fabulous Scottish words don’t you think Anne? I love and also still use crabbit, dauner, bleather, glaikit, peely wally, piece and ginger among others.
    I love the Scottish word cockwomble - which so accurately describes half of the Government!
    And a newly-coined word (which suits a certain person down to the ground) is 'testiculating'
    which means waving your arms around whilst talking boll***s

Leave a comment:

• Blondie, Oxford
    replied

We have some fabulous Scottish words don’t you think Anne? I love and also still use crabbit, dauner, bleather, glaikit, peely wally, piece and ginger among others.
    The first time my friend from Glasgow said she was feeling peely wally, I wondered what on earth she was on about?

Leave a comment:

• Issyalex, Glasgow
    replied

Great word : scunnered

Annie

Leave a comment:

• 1fifthavenue, birmingham
    replied
    Originally posted by jc, liverpool View Post
    Hi Tim
    Hope you are both recovered.
    I was only thinking of you the other day when talking about cruise line survival,,,no one ever mentions cruise travel agents survival.

Do TA,s still get commission on cruises booked with FCC.

I remember you saying you dipped your toes into the travel business,,,have you survived?
    Looks like you never gave up the day job

Have had x3 cruises cancelled,,holding out hope for a booked Celebrity cruise this August.

Pop into your blog site now and then,,,not much activity to write about I guess.

JC
    Hi JC, the consortium we were working with went in to Administration so we lost all that we'd worked for over nearly a year and the future commissions that would be due. That was a bit gutting but we were so thankful that neither of us gave up our main career to go fully in to it, which was tempting this time last year!

We've since signed up with another group and are seeing some green shoots.

In terms of the FCC commission, it depends on the cruise line I believe. All of ours were with the one cruise line and could only be spent with the agent that you booked the cruise with, alas due to what happened we haven't dealt with any!

Leave a comment:

• jc, liverpool
    replied
    Hi Tim
    Hope you are both recovered.
    I was only thinking of you the other day when talking about cruise line survival,,,no one ever mentions cruise travel agents survival.

Do TA,s still get commission on cruises booked with FCC.

I remember you saying you dipped your toes into the travel business,,,have you survived?
    Looks like you never gave up the day job

Have had x3 cruises cancelled,,holding out hope for a booked Celebrity cruise this August.

Pop into your blog site now and then,,,not much activity to write about I guess.

JC

Leave a comment:

• Haworth, Wokingham
    replied

Cancel Christmas John- the great British Public would have done their own thing - JMO.

Annie
    I agree, I think that's why they went ahead, even with the limits imposed, that said its like eye tests at Baranard Castle, its a drip feed of failure to adhere to the regulations that leads to the increase in numbers we are seeing today

John

Leave a comment:

• annie, Glasgow
    replied
    Originally posted by Haworth, Wokingham View Post

Good luck with both Phil, it would perhaps have been wise to cancel 25/12 last year looking at the current numbers

Jihn
    Cancel Christmas John- the great British Public would have done their own thing - JMO.

Annie

Leave a comment:

• Haworth, Wokingham
    replied
    Originally posted by philhar, wallasey View Post
    Hi Tim/Andy good to "hear"from you,glad you both escaped the worst of Covid and hope your sense of smell returns to smell nicer things!
    We're doing ok like a lot of people I think finding Lockdown 3 harder than the other 2 but there are people lot worse off.
    Have a cruise booked for 1st week May but not hopeful now.
    Got a big birthday soon and had a party planned but cancelled .Ive now decided I'm going to emulate the Queen and have 2 birthdays one later in the year when hopefully we can celebrate properly
    Good luck with both Phil, it would perhaps have been wise to cancel 25/12 last year looking at the current numbers

Jihn

Leave a comment:

• philhar, wallasey
    replied
    Hi Tim/Andy good to "hear"from you,glad you both escaped the worst of Covid and hope your sense of smell returns to smell nicer things!
    We're doing ok like a lot of people I think finding Lockdown 3 harder than the other 2 but there are people lot worse off.
    Have a cruise booked for 1st week May but not hopeful now.
    Got a big birthday soon and had a party planned but cancelled .Ive now decided I'm going to emulate the Queen and have 2 birthdays one later in the year when hopefully we can celebrate properly

Leave a comment:

• annie, Glasgow
    replied
    How am I? In one word..........scunnered. Scunnered with the virus, scunnered with the non believers and scunnered staying in. 🙈😬

Our April cruise, transferred from last April, has just been cancelled. I’m guessing our Prague city break in June will be cancelled....again. Our Oct 20 cruise was cancelled so that’s rebooked for May 22 so hopefully at least that one will go ahead. 🤞🏻🤞🏻
    Great word : scunnered

Annie

Leave a comment:

We use cookies to give you the
best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
agree to our cookie policy

Working...
X