• Ahoy there! Why not join the UKโ€™s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How is everyone?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How is everyone?

Hello all, hope all the forum members are keeping well. I've not been on for a while, been extremely busy in my IT job with making sure we can keep the power stations going with all but essential staff working from home.

We had covid in late October / early November, thankfully just mild and recovered except all I can smell now is cigarette smoke, despite not being smokers!

How is everyone feeling about cruising in the future? I'm looking forward to getting on the water again, doubting now whether our May cruise will happen though not officially cancelled.

Originally posted by 1fifthavenue, birmingham View Post
    Hello all, hope all the forum members are keeping well. I've not been on for a while, been extremely busy in my IT job with making sure we can keep the power stations going with all but essential staff working from home.

We had covid in late October / early November, thankfully just mild and recovered except all I can smell now is cigarette smoke, despite not being smokers!

How is everyone feeling about cruising in the future? I'm looking forward to getting on the water again, doubting now whether our May cruise will happen though not officially cancelled.
    Tim/Andy

Nice to hear from you, we should be on the maiden voyage of Viking Venus now, who knows if or when the next one will be, due to sail in October, hopefully by then some sense of normality and it goes ahead.

Good luck with May, we are supposed to be golfing in Turkey, postponed from last years, will it happen??????

lad to hear you are OK but with a slight bit of long covid

John

Comment

Originally posted by Haworth, Wokingham View Post

Tim/Andy

Nice to hear from you, we should be on the maiden voyage of Viking Venus now, who knows if or when the next one will be, due to sail in October, hopefully by then some sense of normality and it goes ahead.

Good luck with May, we are supposed to be golfing in Turkey, postponed from last years, will it happen??????

lad to hear you are OK but with a slight bit of long covid

John
      Hello John, hope you and Mrs H + family are both keeping safe and well.

Feel quite relieved our April cruise on the Bellissima around Japan has been cancelled with plenty of notice before having to pay the balance. We hadn't booked flights as knew that wouldn't be happening. With NCL and RCCL and others pausing until at least 30th April I'm not hopeful for a couple of weeks after

Comment

Hi guys, Iโ€™m hanging in there! Like you, Iโ€™ve had the lurgy but am better now. At the hospital where I work we are being offered the vaccine and I was lucky enough to have my first dose today. I donโ€™t expect us to be able to go on a cruise for a while yet, but if we get the chance to go on holiday somewhere later this year or even being able to travel to visit our friends in other parts of the UK we will be well chuffed.

Take care and stay well. Helen

Comment

Like you i havent been on here much since lockdown. I have been busy with my new little business making face masks and beeswax food wraps. It must be awful for you smelling cigarette smoke, you have my sympathy We have managed to avoid the civid having been tols to shield. Eagerly awaiting the vaccine so we can get out and sbout. Luckily we had no holidays booked so not had sny hassle with sny cancellations.

Comment

Fine, thank you - in lockdown here again, same as you, but coping OK.

Comment

Morning Tim/Andy

Good to hear from you.

In lockdown - doing well - we have to make the best of it don't we??

I decided to have a year off from cruising in 2019 but all my overseas holiday plans were impacted as well.

My upcoming Italian flight schedule was pulled and hoping I might make my Japan trip in Nov 2021 but I rate it no more than 50/50.

Cruising possibly Q4/2022 as I like longer cruises but big question is will the world be opened up??

Stay safe

Annie

Comment

I've got a day off so I'm all good thanks ๐Ÿ˜Š

We have just booked a fly cruise for June 2022 which I'm feeling more optimistic about then the one we have booked for September this year .

I've had my vaccine because I work for the NHS and fingers crossed my OH gets his soon as he's clinically vulnerable. He's working from home so the spare bedroom is now a part time office . I think it's amazing how we have all adapted to the massive life changes we have all had to undertake. Some things have been awful, especially losing my dear mum but we have personally made some positive changes and adaptations too which I hope stay.
                BIG SHIPS, little ships, small world

Comment

I am being positive about a cruise in January 2022, and have just ordered a pocket guide to Cape Town. I will definitely book the trip as a package, just in case something happens.

The only positive thing about life since last March was walking everywhere, which led to a decent weight loss.

As soon as I get the call about vaccination, I will be there.
                  2018-
                  Queen Victoria - Mediterranean Explorer

2019 -
                  NCL Getaway - Norway and Iceland
                  Adventure of the Seas - Fall Foliage

2020 -
                  Jewel of the Seas - Abu Dhabi & Dubai
                  Magellan - Panama Canal

Comment

How am I? In one word..........scunnered. Scunnered with the virus, scunnered with the non believers and scunnered staying in. ๐Ÿ™ˆ๐Ÿ˜ฌ

Our April cruise, transferred from last April, has just been cancelled. Iโ€™m guessing our Prague city break in June will be cancelled....again. Our Oct 20 cruise was cancelled so thatโ€™s rebooked for May 22 so hopefully at least that one will go ahead. ๐Ÿคž๐Ÿป๐Ÿคž๐Ÿป
                    don't want to work, just want to cruise.

Comment

[QUOTE=Yogini, Waterlooville;n1396635]I am being positive about a cruise in January 2022, and have just ordered a pocket guide to Cape Town. I will definitely book the trip as a package, just in case something happens.

We should have been in Heathrow as I speak for a flight to Cape Town and then embarking on the cruise on Saturday. Needless to say it was cancelled last year but I cant help thinking about it today.

Comment

Originally posted by Issyalex, Glasgow View Post
                        How am I? In one word..........scunnered. Scunnered with the virus, scunnered with the non believers and scunnered staying in. ๐Ÿ™ˆ๐Ÿ˜ฌ

Our April cruise, transferred from last April, has just been cancelled. Iโ€™m guessing our Prague city break in June will be cancelled....again. Our Oct 20 cruise was cancelled so thatโ€™s rebooked for May 22 so hopefully at least that one will go ahead. ๐Ÿคž๐Ÿป๐Ÿคž๐Ÿป
                        Great word : scunnered

Annie

Comment

Hi Tim/Andy good to "hear"from you,glad you both escaped the worst of Covid and hope your sense of smell returns to smell nicer things!
                          We're doing ok like a lot of people I think finding Lockdown 3 harder than the other 2 but there are people lot worse off.
                          Have a cruise booked for 1st week May but not hopeful now.
                          Got a big birthday soon and had a party planned but cancelled .Ive now decided I'm going to emulate the Queen and have 2 birthdays one later in the year when hopefully we can celebrate properly

Comment

Originally posted by philhar, wallasey View Post
                            Hi Tim/Andy good to "hear"from you,glad you both escaped the worst of Covid and hope your sense of smell returns to smell nicer things!
                            We're doing ok like a lot of people I think finding Lockdown 3 harder than the other 2 but there are people lot worse off.
                            Have a cruise booked for 1st week May but not hopeful now.
                            Got a big birthday soon and had a party planned but cancelled .Ive now decided I'm going to emulate the Queen and have 2 birthdays one later in the year when hopefully we can celebrate properly
                            Good luck with both Phil, it would perhaps have been wise to cancel 25/12 last year looking at the current numbers

Jihn

Comment

Originally posted by Haworth, Wokingham View Post

Good luck with both Phil, it would perhaps have been wise to cancel 25/12 last year looking at the current numbers

Jihn
                              Cancel Christmas John- the great British Public would have done their own thing - JMO.

Annie

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                              best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                              agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                              X