• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are you raring to go?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sadly, I can't get insurance at any price that would cover my health issues, so it seems
    my travelling days - to anywhere - are over.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnR, Chippenham View Post
      Even if cruising starts again where is there to go for the foreseeable future? We may be getting things sorted but many, many countries are not and cruises to nowhere hold no interest at all for us. We have pushed an August cruise back to next year and are about to do the same with a November one.

It will be land based U.K. holidays for us this year assuming we are out of lockdown in the coming months.

I see Cunard has recently published details of QM2 world cruise commencing Jan 2022. Will all of the countries on the itinerary be virus free and ready to accept cruise ships by then? Seems optimistic to me.
      Which is why I booked a Round Britain cruise for July. At the time of booking, I too was doubtful that other countries would accept cruise ships for some time, which is why I played safe. If I can get back on a cruise ship, I won't care where it is going.

Jill

Comment

Originally posted by Smith7 View Post

Which is why I booked a Round Britain cruise for July. At the time of booking, I too was doubtful that other countries would accept cruise ships for some time, which is why I played safe. If I can get back on a cruise ship, I won't care where it is going.
        I too don't care too much about destination.

I think I can always find something interesting to see and do in port. There are very few ports I wouldn't be happy to visit.

Love round Britain cruises too.

Comment

Fred has pushed back their dates

Return to cruising dates

Over the last few months, we have been working with the Government, other UK cruise lines and our industry body to review and agree our back in service dates. With the good news about vaccines, advanced testing and the detailed planning that we have been doing, we are now able to start looking forward with more confidence and can confirm when we plan to resume sailing.

Borealis: 22 May 2021
          Bolette: 29 May 2021
          Balmoral: 9 June 2021
          Braemar: Spring 2022

Updated: 13/01/21 at 12:28
          Which cruises are cancelled?
          Due to the ongoing pandemic, we have cancelled Borealis sailings up to 22nd May 2021, Bolette sailings up to 29th May 2021, Balmoral sailings up to June 2021 and Braemar departures up to the Spring of 2022.
          Cruise codes affected include:
          S2107 - S2109
          T2103 - T2112
          L2103B - L2117
          M2107 - M2210

My cruise is not listed above, will it be cancelled?
          At the moment, we have cancelled Borealis sailings up to 22nd May 2021, Bolette sailings up to 29th May & Balmoral sailings up to June 2021, and all Braemar departures up to the Spring of 2022. We will let you know as soon as we can, and at least 30 days before you are due to travel, if anything is changing on your ocean cruise.

Comment

Last weekend I had a reminder that the final balance was due on the Odyssey inaugural cruise in April. I decided to wait until the last minute to pay, and lo an behold, I checked the RCI website and everything is cancelled until 30 April. The ship is now being sent to the Far East.

The first thing I will do is visit my daughter and family in Twickenham, as I haven't stayed there since December 2019. We had managed to meet up when restrictions were eased, and I spent a long weekend with them in Devon in September. That was my biggest adventure of the year!

My June cruise bookings are out of Southampton, if they go ahead.
            2018-
            Queen Victoria - Mediterranean Explorer

2019 -
            NCL Getaway - Norway and Iceland
            Adventure of the Seas - Fall Foliage

2020 -
            Jewel of the Seas - Abu Dhabi & Dubai
            Magellan - Panama Canal

Comment

I don’t anticipate taking a cruise in the foreseeable future. We were talking with our son and daughter-in-law last night and all agreed that we will probably go no further than the cottage this year. Whether we can go together or still have to keep in our bubble will depend on vaccines.
              Sheila

Comment

Originally posted by smtcan, Scarborough View Post
                I don’t anticipate taking a cruise in the foreseeable future. We were talking with our son and daughter-in-law last night and all agreed that we will probably go no further than the cottage this year. Whether we can go together or still have to keep in our bubble will depend on vaccines.
                Sheila
                I think you may well be correct Sheila.

Donald of Carnival Group has been on regard as saying that the group can survive on zero revenue for 2021.

Is that a coded message for possibly no cruising in 2021??

Annie

Comment

Raring to go?
                  We've have a few cruises booked and so F.O.restrictions lifted, cruise ship operational and travel insurance permitting, yes, we 're raring to go!

Comment

I said a while back I would start looking at cruise calendar again, this has been very slow more very wide searches without any target.

I did see a candidate at the weekend it was a TA in Nov probably a bit early as it will need flights and a couple of Xmas NY options .

Anyway Major development.....

I had a dream last night I was boarding a NCL ship, that's my subconscious ready to go, first cruise dream for months

Comment

NCL cancels all April sailings

Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings Cancels All April Cruises - Cruise Industry News | Cruise News

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                      best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                      agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                      X