• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are you raring to go?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are you raring to go?

Hi Everyone

As soon as the restrictions are lifted, are you going to book something and go straight of on a cruise? (Or any holiday) Or will you just wait until it's time to go on one you already have booked? Or are you going to hang back a bit and see how things go?

I'm just hoping cruising goes back to how it was, but I've got an awful feeling it might not! What are your thoughts? .................................................. .........Carol

I don't think anything will ever go back to the way it was before Covid especially holidays and cruises.

We haven't got anything booked until September which is a cruise and I hope goes ahead but it will be different I reckon. No shared tables or free for all buffet and more pre booking will be required for theatres and shows .

I've had my vaccine and use twice weekly lateral flow covid tests for work but I think that will be a requirement for all passengers pre cruise.
    BIG SHIPS, little ships, small world

Comment

https://www.cruise.co.uk/forum/forum...91697-where-to

Has anything changed other than more cancelled cruises since the 4th.

Comment

I will not take any sort of holiday until the pandemic is over. I don't mind waiting a year, two or three...

Comment

Originally posted by Topdeck, London View Post
          https://www.cruise.co.uk/forum/forum...91697-where-to

Has anything changed other than more cancelled cruises since the 4th.
          Trying to get the chat back to cruising, rather than going round in circles talking about the virus! ....................................Carol

Comment

Sunderland joined Cruise Britain to raise its profile and try to attract ships.

Comment

We would love to go on holiday or cruise again. Probably not this summer but we’ll see what the autumn brings. Once I retire in 18 months I’ll be able to go on holiday at short notice which will be great! Stay positive. There’s a cruise with my name on it somewhere 😁

Take care and stay well. Helen 🥰

Comment

Admire you’re optimism Carol. Wife isn’t up to it any time this year. Suppose its best to err on the side of caution meantime. Just lost our golf holiday (late March) as Jet2 cancelled the flights up to and including the 25th. Trying to reschedule for late October but the terms of my travel insurance changed on 5 January. Maybe it’s best to just completely write this year off, albeit I was reading that over 50’s were now booking summer holidays left, right and centre due to the vaccine roll out. Think I’ll stick my head in the sand for another couple of months as the vaccine roll out in Scotland is at a snails pace compared to England.

Comment

Originally posted by carol, welwyn garden city View Post

Trying to get the chat back to cruising, rather than going round in circles talking about the virus! ....................................Carol
                  I'm sure that most of us appreciate your efforts Carol. I haven't posted much lately given that all I see are games threads and negative political comments about how the government is coping with the pandemic.

I'm raring to go as soon as we have had our vaccines. Although as Sue (Bigsis) says, cruises and holidays won't be quite the same for the time being. I'll cope with that though as things will improve as time goes on.

Let's think positive for a change.
                  Jill

Comment

Even if cruising starts again where is there to go for the foreseeable future? We may be getting things sorted but many, many countries are not and cruises to nowhere hold no interest at all for us. We have pushed an August cruise back to next year and are about to do the same with a November one.

It will be land based U.K. holidays for us this year assuming we are out of lockdown in the coming months.

I see Cunard has recently published details of QM2 world cruise commencing Jan 2022. Will all of the countries on the itinerary be virus free and ready to accept cruise ships by then? Seems optimistic to me.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnR, Chippenham View Post
                      Even if cruising starts again where is there to go for the foreseeable future? We may be getting things sorted but many, many countries are not and cruises to nowhere hold no interest at all for us. We have pushed an August cruise back to next year and are about to do the same with a November one.

It will be land based U.K. holidays for us this year assuming we are out of lockdown in the coming months.

I see Cunard has recently published details of QM2 world cruise commencing Jan 2022. Will all of the countries on the itinerary be virus free and ready to accept cruise ships by then? Seems optimistic to me.
                      We agree

Post vaccine life in UK will be different from pre-pandemic days and there is no reason to think travel will buck that trend.

On an upbeat note, maybe we will have the 21st century equivalent of the roaring twenties.

Annie

Comment

Originally posted by annie, Glasgow View Post

We agree

Post vaccine life in UK will be different from pre-pandemic days and there is no reason to think travel will buck that trend.

On an upbeat note, maybe we will have the 21st century equivalent of the roaring twenties.

Annie
                        Agreeing again Annie. One of us must be slipping.

Comment

We managed to get away for a short break to sunny Manchester last September when restrictions were lifted. We had a nice few days visiting museums and galleries, eating out and going to the cinema.

Who would have thought that would be our 2020 holiday highlight? (Sorry Manchester - no disrespect intended!)

We'd certainly be happy to do that sort of trip again as soon as possible.

We'd also be happy to book a cruise and accept some on-board restrictions (within reason) but only if we could get off the ship on our own, so we'll have to wait and see on that one.

Yesterday the media were reporting a spike in holiday bookings from older people since the vaccinations started. (Not cruises, though, as far as I know.)

Sunshine breaks in Turkey and coach trips to the Cotswolds are proving popular with those near the front of the queue for jabs.

Comment

Whilst the vaccine offers some hope, if the pandemic has taught us anything it's that whenever we see light at the end of the tunnel more tunnel appears. We're not out of the woods yet and as pointed out by others, travel is dependent on the situations in other countries. I think there will be some form of cruising this year but it is most likely to be the kind that appeals to those for whom being on a cruise ship is enough. Nothing wrong with that but just not our sort of cruising. I think our type of cruising is some way over the horizon and we have no cruise plans for this year.
                            Logic will get you from A to B.
                            Imagination will take you everywhere.

Comment

I'm not even looking at holidays at the moment. I will when I've had a vaccine, I can go where I want, the holiday is pretty much guaranteed to take place, restrictions are minimal, prices are reasonable and I can get full insurance without paying a fortune. I can't see any of the above being fulfilled in the foreseeable future. I actually haven't really missed holidays at all to be honest.

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                              best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                              agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                              X