• Ahoy there! Why not join the UKโ€™s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

D'you know what?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ilovesunshine, east yorks View Post
    I have been so busy during lockdown i have had hardly a minute to spare. Not had time to post on here often. I took redundancy from work so we could go travelling more but didnt get far before lockdown.
    I opened an on line shop selling my handmade items. It has beenso popular i have opened another. Ihavesales every day. Husband is my chief packer! He is in his element as a retired accountant keeping track of my sales
    Assoon ad we get the vaccine shops will be closed but it has kept us both occupied and as an unexpected bonus I have a substantial amout towards a world cruise.
    How marvellous.
    Well done you.

Comment

At the moment Iโ€™m still enjoying having no work alarm wakening me after 50 years of working. Iโ€™m not a knitter, cross stitcher, or someone who sews. I enjoy TV and reading. The downside of lockdown is hubby has not been allowed to work for most of the year and heโ€™s the one who hates sitting in and is easy bored. ๐Ÿ™ˆ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ Mind you I did โ€˜volunteerโ€™ to work nearly 3 months in the flu vaccine clinics, hmm I wonder why? ๐Ÿค” ๐Ÿ™ˆ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

Unlike you Mrs M I donโ€™t mind doing routine housework. However cleaning out kitchen cupboards, wardrobes etc is another matter, they get done when/if I can be bothered, which is most of the year.

As Neโ€™erday is nearly upon us, in the last week Iโ€™ve washed all the big lights (ceiling lights), changed bedding and cleaned the kitchen cupboards. As tomorrow is Hogmanay Iโ€™ll clean the house. The bin will be emptied and go out just before the Bells. We have a Zoom call with American and English friends tomorrow at 11.45pm so we can all see in the Bells virtually together. Yes I know it will only be 6pm for our American friends but they are happy to celebrate our Bells with us as like us they are on their own. ๐ŸŽŠ๐ŸŽŠ
      don't want to work, just want to cruise.

Comment

Originally posted by Blondie, Oxford View Post

An amazing effort Sheila making so many hats and scrub bags for your local hospitals. Well done to you and everyone in your church group.

Your family tree sounds far more interesting than mine, although I do have Elizabeth Fry, the prison reformer on my paternal tree. I have been interested in genealogy for about thirty years and during lockdown I have spent many hours continuing my research. Much as cruising is addictive, so is compiling a family tree. Good luck researching your husbandโ€™s Turkish and French families.
        The Turkish/French research is challenging. Husband was not aware that his paternal line was Jewish until we found a cousin. The family broke all connection with his grandfather when he married a French Catholic. To add another twist, my father in law was born in India, but we can't find out what his parents were doing there.
        By way of contrast, my father's family were Welsh woollen weavers from Gwynedd and my mother's family were Shropshire farmers. My DNA came back 100% British. I have been doing research for probably about 20 years on and off, but this pandemic has given me more time to work on it.
        Sheila

Comment

I have been so busy during lockdown i have had hardly a minute to spare. Not had time to post on here often. I took redundancy from work so we could go travelling more but didnt get far before lockdown.
          I opened an on line shop selling my handmade items. It has beenso popular i have opened another. Ihavesales every day. Husband is my chief packer! He is in his element as a retired accountant keeping track of my sales
          Assoon ad we get the vaccine shops will be closed but it has kept us both occupied and as an unexpected bonus I have a substantial amout towards a world cruise.
          What do you make? I know you can't advertise your business, but I would be interested to know what you sell.

I'm with you Mrs M, don't like housework, but just keep things tidy, dusted and hoovered when required. As with Issyalex, I enjoy reading and watching some TV. I tend to watch more in the afternoons, Bargain Hunt, Escape to the Country, as it is so interesting to see what you can get for your money in various parts of the UK. I also enjoy old repeats of detective programmes, Morse, Lewis, Endeavour (getting a theme here?). We have gone into Tier 4 today in our new(ish) home and wonder when we'll ever get to meet anyone other than our immediate neighbours. Have read many books over the last few months. Always read a lot, but far more lately.

Barb

Comment

Originally posted by smtcan, Scarborough View Post

The Turkish/French research is challenging. Husband was not aware that his paternal line was Jewish until we found a cousin. The family broke all connection with his grandfather when he married a French Catholic. To add another twist, my father in law was born in India, but we can't find out what his parents were doing there.
            By way of contrast, my father's family were Welsh woollen weavers from Gwynedd and my mother's family were Shropshire farmers. My DNA came back 100% British. I have been doing research for probably about 20 years on and off, but this pandemic has given me more time to work on it.
            Sheila
            what an amazing and interesting family history you both have.
            don't want to work, just want to cruise.

Comment

You should give us a hint as to your store

Comment

Originally posted by Haworth, Wokingham View Post

You should give us a hint as to your store
                Not sure if advertising is allowed but here are the links if you want to have a peek.

Www.numonday.com/shop/ecofoodwrapsuk

https://mademe.co.uk/shop/eco-friend...ducts-for-you/

All hand made by me.I started the first shop just selling eco friendly reuseable beeswax food wraps but it quickly became overrun with face masks.

I had been making them to donate to love of scrubs, a local group for health care workers. When they had enough i put a few in my shop and have now sold hundreds.
                I opened another shop as i really wanted to concentrate on eco friendly products but a few have crept in there too.
                My reusable gift bags have been really popular and my beeswax furniture polish with essential oils which i havent seen anywhere else.
                I have lots of ideas for new products, just not enough hours in the day.

Comment

https://www.cruise.co.uk/forum/forum...um-house-rules

Rule 4. My understanding is this is for anything but the primary reason is to stop competition in CD space.
                  Except in the deals section(no links) or a discussion

Sneaking through something personal should be OK in responce to a request.

Other product placement outside CD space have never been challenged.

Comment

Not sure if advertising is allowed but here are the links if you want to have a peek.

All hand made by me.I started the first shop just selling eco friendly reuseable beeswax food wraps but it quickly became overrun with face masks.

I had been making them to donate to love of scrubs, a local group for health care workers. When they had enough i put a few in my shop and have now sold hundreds.
                    I opened another shop as i really wanted to concentrate on eco friendly products but a few have crept in there too.
                    My reusable gift bags have been really popular and my beeswax furniture polish with essential oils which i havent seen anywhere else.
                    Thanks, just ordered the food wraps

John

Comment

Well done! I had a feeling it had something to do with your fabulous face masks. Iโ€™ve made some rather plain ones for me and my husband out of his old work shirts, but they fit well and they can go in the washing machine so itโ€™s all good (as my son would say).

Take care and stay well. Helen ๐Ÿ˜ท

Comment

Hi ILS
                        Good to see you back and so pleased that your new venture has taken off big time.

Garf

Comment

Your range of products is impressive and the quality looks really good.. If I was in UK I would order from you for sure. I know how much time all the photography takes, you have done a fine job.

Sheila

Comment

Just popped in for a quick look. I didnt realise i had so many replies. Thanks for your interest everyone and thanks very much for your order John. I have posted orders abroad, Shiela, to Germany and Ireland. Not sure how it will work now we are out of Europe. Think i will have to fill a form in at the post office. I will need good luck with that, the village post office staff struggle with some of my UK parcels now it has moved into the shop.

Yes I am still alive and kicking Garf. Not forgotton your very kind retrieval of the passport!
                            Looks like i am going to have a busy start to the new year. A repeat customer ordered 16 hand made gift bags for her jewellery business today.

I took redundancy from work so we could travel more but i have been busier than ever. Not complaining. It had kept me sane during lockdown especially as i am in the highly vulnerable group. Cant wait to get the vaccine and get some sunshine.

Comment

I have just received my order from Sue, a lovely face mask and some koala melts, beautifully made and packaged so nicely.
                              I would definitely buy from Sue again... The koala melts are for my daughter in Australia. Well done Sue you are a very talented lady ๐Ÿ˜Š

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                              best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                              agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                              X