• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you REALLY want for Christmas...........

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I used to love baking, and since the start of the pandemic I have got back into this as a hobby.

However, many of my tins and trays are now years old and past their best, so I'd like some really heavy duty, good quality bakeware. I'd need to select all the items myself, though, so I can get exactly what I need.

Comment

No trinkets and baubles, something disposable.

I can happily dispose of a bottle of Hine Antique.

John

Comment

My wife and I have not bought one another an individual Christmas present for years. We have had joint bank and savings accounts for our 55 years of marriage so would know how much one another’s presents had cost

Now and again we see something extravagant and as an excuse, buy it as a joint Christmas present, but our best Christmas present is being able to spend it together with all our immediate family

This way avoids any trouble 😉😎
        Delboy

Photo Albums

https://www.flickriver.com/photos/delboyalbums/sets/

or

https://www.flickr.com/photos/delboyalbums/albums

Comment

I would like a return to good health (nothing to do with COVID). I know that is not possible so I would like a dignified and peaceful end to my life.

Comment

Originally posted by Lawnmowerman, Tain View Post

That, has gotten many a man into trouble...........

Oh, don't get me anything.............

LMM
            It depends how it's phrased. In our house

''I don't want anything''

Translates into ''I don't want anything''.

''I don't really want anything''

translates into

''I don't want anything expensive unless I choose it myself!''

Took a few decades to sink in but it's sunk in now!

[smilies are back!]

Comment

Originally posted by sandraggg, Newcastle View Post

It can get women into trouble too!

I once worked with a man who told his wife and children to get him a token present, as he already had everything he wanted.

His wife bought him a plastic ruler.

I never heard the last of it... and I wasn't even the one married to him!!!!

I think the motto is ‘be careful what you ask for’ and ‘what you don’t ask for’!

I was once given an outdoor sweeping broom.....OH thought it was very funny!

I could do with a new IPad but am waiting for the right model and colour to be in stock....and it will be ‘self-gifting’. 😇

Oh and one more small item......I could do with a jotter or notepad. I can never find any paper to write on when I need it! 🗒

Comment

Originally posted by All at sea, Yorks View Post

I think the motto is ‘be careful what you ask for’ and ‘what you don’t ask for’!

I was once given an outdoor sweeping broom.....OH thought it was very funny!

I could do with a new IPad but am waiting for the right model and colour to be in stock....and it will be ‘self-gifting’. 😇

Oh and one more small item......I could do with a jotter or notepad. I can never find any paper to write on when I need it! 🗒
                Lol! You should come to our house for the jotter. We get them for my husband and they keep migrating upstairs to the study with all the pens. I had to bring some down the other day to keep him away from a special one I got years ago. It says at the top “ Sometimes I open my mouth and my mother comes out”. My late mum gave it to me years ago as a joke, but by ‘eck it’s so true! 😆

Take care and stay well. Helen

Comment

I would like some one who is very patient to teach me how to use a smart phone , upload photos to the computer !! I just copy photos like the ones I put on here regarding the Marco Polo, I just need someone with patience!!! But the best Christmas present would be a cure for Cancer, and be able to cure my OH wouldn't that be grand?
                  Last edited by cornish girl, falmouth; 23rd November 2020, 05:17 PM.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mason, Altrincham View Post

Lol! You should come to our house for the jotter. We get them for my husband and they keep migrating upstairs to the study with all the pens. I had to bring some down the other day to keep him away from a special one I got years ago. It says at the top “ Sometimes I open my mouth and my mother comes out”. My late mum gave it to me years ago as a joke, but by ‘eck it’s so true! 😆

Take care and stay well. Helen
                    Ahh, pens. Janet Street Porter who writes for the 'I' once commented that she had more than enough pens to last her a lifetime.

So I checked - oh yes, it would seem I could keep John Menzies going for many years! Thing is, they are all basic fodder - I can't resist a decent pen. My fountain pens only get pressed into service to sign a printed letter and then address the envelope. Lack of practice nowadays means I wouldn't inflict one of my hand-written letters on anyone!

LMM

Lawnmowerman

Comment

Hi all
                      I got a surprise Xmas present today.....
                      I have an American cousin who I have only seen when I was a kid in the 50’s,,but for years we have corresponded.

Today he sent me a ring binder in a box with a copy of our family history on my fathers side,his mother’s.

Fascinating,,it goes back to 1740’s Sligo in Ireland,,,,I think I have more relations in America than I do in the UK.
                      One surprise was a direct family line to Elvis Presley.

JC
                      Last edited by jc, liverpool; 24th November 2020, 05:13 PM.
                      C P Scott,,,,,"Comment is Free,,but Facts are Sacred"
                      "You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts.

Comment

Originally posted by jc, liverpool View Post
                        Hi all
                        I have an American cousin who I have only seen when I was a kid in the 50’s,,but for years we have corresponded.

Today he sent me a ring binder in a box with a copy of our family history on my fathers side,his mother’s.

Fascinating,,it goes back to 1740’s Sligo in Ireland,,,,I think I have more relations in America than I do in the UK.

JC
                        I bet you were All Shook Up when you got that.
                        Last edited by sandraggg, Newcastle; 24th November 2020, 09:10 PM. Reason: Typo

Comment

Originally posted by sandraggg, Newcastle View Post

I bet you were all shook up when you got that.
                          What a fabulous present! I would enjoy a gift like that. Delving into the family history is a rewarding pastime, uncovering secrets and finding out long lost relatives. I have found and met a second cousin living near the Gold Coast in Australia. We spent a wonderful day getting to know each other and having a family catch up.

I would relish a family link similar to your to Elvis one, jc! How exciting

Comment

Originally posted by jc, liverpool View Post
                            Hi all

JC
                            JC what a wonderful thoughtful present. I love personal presents like this. I had an uncle who also came from Sligo.
                            don't want to work, just want to cruise.

Comment

The only thing I can think of other than the yellow card stuff is a litre bottle of baileys original and some of my favourite old fashioned sweets.
                              don't want to work, just want to cruise.

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                              best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                              agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                              X