• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you REALLY want for Christmas...........

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What do you REALLY want for Christmas...........

Right, let's cut to the chase.

What do you REALLY want for Christmas!

Let's ditch the classic World Peace, an end to starvation, disease, poverty etc. We'll take that as read.

Let's be really selfish and channel our inner child...........

What do you REALLY want........

Oh, and a yellow card for the first to say cruising - that fits with an end to disease.......

LMM

Lawnmowerman

I would like to be with both our sons, daughters in law and all four grandchildren. That would be the best present I could have but I know it can't happen. I really don't want any more 'stuff', although I have a suspicion that I will receive a new knitting bag since last time we were at the cottage with family daughter in law commented that there were better things to hold knitting than a reusable grocery bag. I would appreciate having my car cleaned inside and out though, maybe one of the grandkids would consider that.
    Sheila

Comment

Originally posted by smtcan, Scarborough View Post
      I would like to be with both our sons, daughters in law and all four grandchildren. That would be the best present I could have but I know it can't happen. I really don't want any more 'stuff', although I have a suspicion that I will receive a new knitting bag since last time we were at the cottage with family daughter in law commented that there were better things to hold knitting than a reusable grocery bag. I would appreciate having my car cleaned inside and out though, maybe one of the grandkids would consider that.
      Sheila
      Nearly a yellow card there Sheila - family would have come under eliminating disease...

Saved yourself with a right good valet of your car by the grandchildren.

Well done.

LMM

Lawnmowerman

Comment

A music system that really works, so I can just tell HER to play any song that pops into my head. To be fair OH is working on that at the moment, I'm just impatient.
        The new Val McDermid, can't bear to pay hardback prices.
        POTUS to finally concede.
        Not so much really as you've knocked all of the righteous ones out of the window

Barb

Comment

Originally posted by Lawnmowerman, Tain View Post

Nearly a yellow card there Sheila - family would have come under eliminating disease...

Saved yourself with a right good valet of your car by the grandchildren.

Well done.

LMM
          Sometimes I get confused between Canadian and English. I couldn't remember which was valeting and which was detailing. Now I know. Thanks

Comment

Nothing I really need, well not within the gift price range.😉

We don’t buy one another individual presents, the kids always ask me what I want, my normal response is vouchers, either M&S or Amazon.

My real enjoyment at Christmas is seeing the Kids and Grandchildren opening their presents.

The great thing about this Christmas is not being dragged around the shops waiting for my wife to decide what to buy, everyday we seem to get another package delivered, my wife has done all the Christmas present shopping on line.👍😎
            Delboy

Photo Albums

https://www.flickriver.com/photos/delboyalbums/sets/

or

https://www.flickr.com/photos/delboyalbums/albums

Comment

Hubby and I just said we won't buy for each other this year, as we don't really need anything, and I had a big birthday not long ago and was spoilt rotten. Having said that, I will be disappointed if I get nothing.

I'd like one of the oversized large clocks for my wall, and I'm always grateful for any jewellry, oooh and I'd like a new blanky, really fluffy and cosy! ...............................................Car ol

Comment

Originally posted by carol, welwyn garden city View Post
                Hubby and I just said we won't buy for each other this year, as we don't really need anything, and I had a big birthday not long ago and was spoilt rotten. Having said that, I will be disappointed if I get nothing.

I'd like one of the oversized large clocks for my wall, and I'm always grateful for any jewellry, oooh and I'd like a new blanky, really fluffy and cosy! ...............................................Car ol
                That, has gotten many a man into trouble...........

Oh, don't get me anything.............

LMM

Lawnmowerman

Comment

I want to hug my son!

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs M View Post
                    I want to hug my son!
                    Yellow card Mrs.M - that comes under disease .

LMM

Lawnmowerman

Comment

I want to spend Christmas with the family so we can see our grandson opening his gifts. He still won’t understand what’s going on, but he will enjoy the tree and the lights. It will be so cute to see him taking it all in. I’m with Barb on wanting DT to concede with or without dignity since he clearly has none. Gift-wise I would like some of my Oscar de la Renta perfume and I have a beautiful print of Venice by Bob Richardson that I would like to get framed. We had given it to my mum years ago and when she passed away I brought it back with me (unframed). Yes, it reminds us of a place visited by a currently unavailable mode of transport, but it is gorgeous and I love it. I just wish other members of my family would let me know what they would like as I really need to get stuff online as going tot the shops won’t really be feasible, more’s the pity.

Take care and stay well. Helen

Comment

Yellow card Mrs.M - that comes under disease .

LMM
                        I’ll take another and raise it to red, 'cos that’s all I want.

Any one else having site problems? Signing in is a lottery and the emoticons are going rogue!

Comment

I would like another new lap top. I bought myself a new one 3 months ago because my old one was knackered. The trouble is that this one doesn't have as good a spec as the old one. My OH and and my son thought it would be adequate for my needs but I don't think it is.
                          Jill

Comment

That, has gotten many a man into trouble...........

Oh, don't get me anything.............

LMM
                            It can get women into trouble too!

I once worked with a man who told his wife and children to get him a token present, as he already had everything he wanted.

His wife bought him a plastic ruler.

I never heard the last of it... and I wasn't even the one married to him!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs M View Post

I’ll take another and raise it to red, 'cos that’s all I want.

Any one else having site problems? Signing in is a lottery and the emoticons are going rogue!
                              Yes.

The only way I can sign in is to click the 'remember me' box.

Also, no emojis! I'm worried about that, as it may lead to people thinking I am serious when I'm just joking and not wishing to offend! (oh well face; sorry face; smiley face!!!)

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                              best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                              agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                              X