• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Supermarkets : Are we surprised??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Supermarkets : Are we surprised??

Hi All

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-b1748906.html

Interesting.

Annie

Lots of people go to supermarkets

Comment

Originally posted by andyn, Bucks View Post
      Lots of people go to supermarkets
      Really ?? I don't !

I am interested however in the split between customer and staff.

In Melbourne, only 1 person from a household was permitted.

Annie

Comment

Originally posted by annie, Glasgow View Post

Really ?? I don't !

I am interested however in the split between customer and staff.

In Melbourne, only 1 person from a household was permitted.

Annie
        Same here, unless a parent with young children.

Comment

Why would we be surprised? Nearly every household in the country must use supermarkets at some time. During the last lockdown I was shielded so couldn’t go shopping. I would have given a great deal to go to Tesco. Now .I can go I don’t want to, but needs must. One trip a week is enough.

Comment

Originally posted by Cooke, Ashby View Post
            Why would we be surprised? Nearly every household in the country must use supermarkets at some time. During the last lockdown I was shielded so couldn’t go shopping. I would have given a great deal to go to Tesco. Now .I can go I don’t want to, but needs must. One trip a week is enough.
            In my largish family, it is only those resident in England who visit supermarkets on a regular basis.

Annie

Comment

I will go to M&S and no other supermarket. I feel perfectly safe and the fact fellow shoppers respect distancing, is comforting.

Comment

The fact that 18% or so of infected people had been to a supermarket doesn't mean they caught the virus there. I have never stopped going food shopping and feel safe doing so. I'm rarely in for very long, and usually it's very quiet. Deliveries are almost impossible to obtain.

Comment

Originally posted by PeterM, Southwell View Post
                  The fact that 18% or so of infected people had been to a supermarket doesn't mean they caught the virus there. I have never stopped going food shopping and feel safe doing so. I'm rarely in for very long, and usually it's very quiet. Deliveries are almost impossible to obtain.
                  I concur. I do wonder how many staff members contract Covid.

The charts in the Mail link show that the prevalence in hospitality settings is very low. So why close cafes??

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-Covid-19.html

Annie

Comment

Originally posted by annie, Glasgow View Post

I concur. I do wonder how many staff members contract Covid.

The charts in the Mail link show that the prevalence in hospitality settings is very low. So why close cafes??

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-Covid-19.html

Annie
                    Just more scaremongering, useless statistics.

Comment

I blame my local Morrisons I go in Tesco, walk round, everyone in a mask, get my shopping, go through the checkout and go home. Don't need to go near anyone. Go to Morrisons, everyone in a mask, do my shopping, get to the checkouts, and usually only 2 people on the tills. Massive queues for the self serve, and queues for the checkouts when there is no need for it. I hate shopping in there, but sometimes I have to .................................................. .........Carol

Comment

We have gone from click & collect to having our weekly supermarket shop delivered, not to avoid people but to reduce time we have to wear masks.

Have not stopped supermarkets visits completely, still visit for example M&S food hall etc, average once a month, or if there is an in store food item we prefer from a particular store, for example Morrison’s mince pies.

Just grateful our local area is still one of the lowest Covid areas in England.

Delboy

Photo Albums

https://www.flickriver.com/photos/delboyalbums/sets/

or

https://www.flickr.com/photos/delboyalbums/albums

Comment

I go to the supermarket weekly. Hubby takes his mum to the supermarket or M&S food hall weekly too. We all have to eat don’t we? Or am I missing something? 🤔🤔🤷🏻*♀️
                          Last edited by Issyalex, Glasgow; 20th November 2020, 07:59 PM.
                          don't want to work, just want to cruise.

Comment

They have been collecting this sort of data for weeks from test and trace

It goes into the flu/covid weekly reports.

Supermarket have been top not surprising, even then the numbers are relatively low.

Pubs and restaurants have been closed for 2 weeks but still on the list.

70+ % of close contacts are same household that is probably more significant than 2 people that tested positive might have been at the same supermarket at some point may never have been the same time.

Schools are the bigger problem because those people are there for hours.

Comment

Compare this weeks
                              https://assets.publishing.service.go...Graphs_w47.pdf

To the week before lockdown
                              https://assets.publishing.service.go...Graphs_W45.pdf

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                              best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                              agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                              X