• Ahoy there! Why not join the UKโ€™s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you butter your toast??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do you butter your toast??

Hi All

This has to be the burning question of the day

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/n...on-b73184.html

Annie

I nearly started a fluffy thread on this having seen the video.

Toast the bread. Let it cool so the butter doesn't soak in and detract from the taste of the butter. Spread with unsalted butter and this is where the importance lies.

M&S had none of their own branded unsalted butter in a few weeks ago so I had to buy the expensive stuff, President. O.M.Goodness. Sheer and utter ambrosia. President unsalted butter, on cool toast. What more could anyone ask for!!!

Yum Cunard are going to have to up their unsalted game!!!

Edit
    Golly I'm bored. Karchers, toast and hoovers. Who'd have thought six months ago...
    Last edited by Mrs M; 19th November 2020, 07:15 PM.

Comment

Mrs M has nailed it. President butter is the bees knees but I prefer mine on hot toast. World would be boring if we were all the same ๐Ÿ˜Š

Comment

Originally posted by mike, lanarkshire View Post
        Mrs M has nailed it. President butter is the bees knees but I prefer mine on hot toast. World would be boring if we were all the same ๐Ÿ˜Š
        I don't use butter but I prefer my toast hot.

For me, the quality of the bread is more important and don't even think of of offering me white bread.

Annie

Comment

You would think buttering toast would be easy enough, but .................................

If I'm just having toast, I butter one corner and bite that while it is hot. Then let the toast cool and butter the rest!

If I'm having marmalade then no butter at all.

If I'm having marmite, it's buttered straight away and then the marmite on top.

If it's egg, then no butter

Bet you wish you hadn't asked now ...............................................Car ol

Comment

Originally posted by annie, Glasgow View Post

For me, the quality of the bread is more important and don't even think of of offering me white bread.

Annie
            You can't have toast soldiers with a dippy egg, with anything other than white bread!! .................................................. ...........Carol

Comment

Originally posted by carol, welwyn garden city View Post
              You would think buttering toast would be easy enough, but .................................

If I'm just having toast, I butter one corner and bite that while it is hot. Then let the toast cool and butter the rest!

If I'm having marmalade then no butter at all.

If I'm having marmite, it's buttered straight away and then the marmite on top.

If it's egg, then no butter

Bet you wish you hadn't asked now ...............................................Car ol
              I am very fussy about Beans on Toast - no butter/spread - but no white bread and I am very fussy about beans.

Annie

Comment

Annie
                Dearie me, white bread, absolutely not ๐Ÿคฎ

Comment

The toast must be stone cold then spread with salted butter.

However, I have high cholesterol so I shouldn't eat it at all.

Comment

Originally posted by carol, welwyn garden city View Post

You can't have toast soldiers with a dippy egg, with anything other than white bread!! .................................................. ...........Carol
                    Not a problem for me, I am egg intolerant. This was discovered when I was a toddler and my mother tried to feed me toast soldiers with a dippy egg. Medical intervention was required.

Annie

Comment

I am very fussy about Beans on Toast - no butter/spread - but no white bread and I am very fussy about beans.

Annie
                      Oh me too, on the beans front. I like them in a small bowl not touching my other food!! ..............................................Caro l

Comment

Not a problem for me, I am egg intolerant. This was discovered when I was a toddler and my mother tried to feed me toast soldiers with a dippy egg. Medical intervention was required.

Annie
                        Oh yes I remember you saying now, sorry. .................................................. ......Carol

Comment

Edit
                          Golly I'm bored. Karchers, toast and hoovers. Who'd have thought six months ago... [/QUOTE]

I liked the Karcher stuff...

Comment

Who would have thought โ€œbutter on toastโ€ would be a topic on this forum ๐Ÿ˜. Just a sign of the times but at least we have something to discuss ๐Ÿ‘. Tough 3 weeks ahead in the west of Scotland. My wife bought a 1000 piece jigsaw today ๐Ÿ™ˆ

Comment

Originally posted by mike, lanarkshire View Post
                              Who would have thought โ€œbutter on toastโ€ would be a topic on this forum ๐Ÿ˜. Just a sign of the times but at least we have something to discuss ๐Ÿ‘. Tough 3 weeks ahead in the west of Scotland. My wife bought a 1000 piece jigsaw today ๐Ÿ™ˆ
                              When I read reports of this subject on CNN I thought the world has gone mad.

We could re-open the debate on :

The correct pronouciation of scone.

The 3 week Tier 4 has come at least 3 weeks too late JMO. NS has made a few very serious missteps in the last 2 months - JMO.

I wish I knew how Inverclyde turned it around

At least in Glasgow they know that parents are hosting sleepovers for their primary aged children and parties for their teenagers. Household transmission again. I always said hospitality was not the principal driver.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotla...-west-55005077

Annie

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                              best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                              agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                              X