• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Christmas 2020 Adverts

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I cant go aldi either, ( or is it lidl)thats another thing I cant tell the diffrence! the main thing that turned me off was the waiting for a till to open then they dont want you to pack your bag, I am one of those that shops unloads then packs at the end of the till, dont find it that cheap either AND all the prices are in the wrong place.. you think you have a bargain then find the price is for something below it and I get so fed up trying to read what relates to whats, much easier to go to tesco etc where you know they are going to try and rip you offtake care all x heather x x

Comment

They closed our M&S store including the food hall and built a new food hall in Walton 20 minute drive away, next door to a new Aldi, whilst on one of our visits to M&S we decided to also pop in to Aldi. First and only time I have visited Aldi have no wish to visit again,

However our single parent daughter has been using the local Aldi for a number of years and rates them highly, especially the savings £s she makes on her weekly shop, when feeding 3 teenagers who as she says eat her out of house & home, still uses Aldi even although the eldest of those teenagers has moved out.
      Delboy

Photo Albums

https://www.flickriver.com/photos/delboyalbums/sets/

or

https://www.flickr.com/photos/delboyalbums/albums

Comment

Originally posted by Cooke, Ashby View Post

I agree on all counts. I dislike Aldi. It might be cheap, but products are inferior. If you want branded goods the big three are better value. It’s a bit early for Christmas advertising, especially since we do not yet know what sort of Christmas we will be permitted to enjoy.
        Many/all supermarket’s own brand goods come off the same production lines as the more expensive branded goods. The only difference is the label and the cost you are paying for the branded goods manufacturers advertising to tell you how “good” their products are.

Comment

Originally posted by Delboy, Essex View Post
          They closed our M&S store including the food hall and built a new food hall in Walton 20 minute drive away, next door to a new Aldi, whilst on one of our visits to M&S we decided to also pop in to Aldi. First and only time I have visited Aldi have no wish to visit again,

However our single parent daughter has been using the local Aldi for a number of years and rates them highly, especially the savings £s she makes on her weekly shop, when feeding 3 teenagers who as she says eat her out of house & home, still uses Aldi even although the eldest of those teenagers has moved out.
          Aldi perform well in taste tests and I know a very good brand of shortbread is sold under their own label at a far lower price. That said I am not tempted to visit the store.

They must be doing something right - their market share pre-pandemic was growing. I think they may have to consider delivery options.

Annie

Comment

I don’t have a problem with Aldi. I tend to do my main shop at Tesco but I do a small shop at Aldi on a Monday. Our local Aldi had an upgrade a couple of years ago and is nicer than it used to be. I love having a mooch down the middle aisles to see what goodies have landed in the store. I have been doing very well for stocking fillers there and I find that you just have to try their food products individually to assess them. Some are just as good, but loads cheaper than the big brands while others are “meh”.

Take care and stay well. Helen🥕😆

Comment

Originally posted by annie, Glasgow View Post

Aldi perform well in taste tests and I know a very good brand of shortbread is sold under their own label at a far lower price. That said I am not tempted to visit the store.

They must be doing something right - their market share pre-pandemic was growing. I think they may have to consider delivery options.

Annie
              Yes my daughter shops there, she said their own brand Tonic water is the same or better than Fever tree, and a lot less expensive!! ................................Carol

Comment

Originally posted by carol, welwyn garden city View Post

Yes my daughter shops there, she said their own brand Tonic water is the same or better than Fever tree, and a lot less expensive!! ................................Carol
                I tried their Jaffa cakes this week and they were delicious. A bit thinner than McVitees but really lovely. We also love their strawberry conserve as well as the black currant and apricot flavours. Their Activia type yogurts are also delicious and we find that they are half the price of,Activia brand,yogurts.

Take care and stay well. Helen

Comment

Originally posted by JohnR, Chippenham View Post
                  Many/all supermarket’s own brand goods come off the same production lines as the more expensive branded goods. The only difference is the label and the cost you are paying for the branded goods manufacturers advertising to tell you how “good” their products are.
                  You are wrong in that. Aldi’s digestive biscuits are not McVities, their cheese is awful and jam tasteless. Baked beans are not Heinz either.

Comment

You are wrong in that. Aldi’s digestive biscuits are not McVities, their cheese is awful and jam tasteless. Baked beans are not Heinz either.
                    Tesco BB aren't the same recipe as Heinz, but at half the price, they became very tasty to us many years ago.

I have eaten from an Aldi cheeseboard at dinner parties and found them very palatable. What suits one person, doesn't another.

Christmas adverts, not seen one I like so far.

Comment

I'm an occasional Aldi shopper and find as some have that some of their products are really good and some are not great.Ive always found that I cant do a full shop there or Lidl (which I prefer) .In lockdown I didn't go because I just wanted to shop in one place,but when its not restricted I'm an occasional shopper and you can get some real bargains.The one offs in the middle isles are interesting too a mixture of tat and real bargains.
                      I also like some of Aldis adverts too.I loved the I don't like tea I like gin advert.

Comment

Originally posted by annie, Glasgow View Post

I am not an Aldi fan either - they don't do deliveries.

Annie
                        Beg to differ, they sorted my wine out recently when I was self-isolating. It might not be the whole grocery system but it was a delivery of sorts.

https://www.aldi.co.uk/customer-services/online-orders
                        www.wansbroughs-cruise-blog.me.uk

Comment

100% Unless they add something to make them taste awful!! ............................................Carol

Comment

Originally posted by Wansbrough, North Somerset View Post

Beg to differ, they sorted my wine out recently when I was self-isolating. It might not be the whole grocery system but it was a delivery of sorts.

https://www.aldi.co.uk/customer-services/online-orders
                            My post #15 referred to wine deliveries.

Annie

Comment

I love tesco baked beans, much better IMO than heinz and tesco tea bags, I drink a lot of tea ( one of my essentials )and even prefer it to yorkshire tea and glengettie, mind you I do drink black tea so that might make a diffrence! take care x heather x

Comment

Tesco is winning it for me on the advert front this year. It's normal and funny and current. There's been enough sorrow in 2020 without all the Xmas adverts being sad too .....................................Carol

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                                best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                                agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                                X