• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Next Quiz Friday October 23rd

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mrs M
    started a topic Next Quiz Friday October 23rd

Next Quiz Friday October 23rd

I won’t be around this Friday evening as we have a family celebration to attend so unless anyone offers, the next quiz will be on the 23rd.

Your brain and memory cells can have a rest.

Mrs M x

• Mrs M
    replied
    Hmm, can’t really fault your excuse Issyalex! Grit your teeth and think more rounds of drinks next year

Next quiz will be on Friday and this time it won’t be any ish'ish.

Pure eclectic selection of questions. Not difficult. If you know the answers!

See 'you’ Friday night if, like me you want a break from your packed schedule and hectic social round.

Mrs Mx

Leave a comment:

• Issyalex, Glasgow
    replied
    Och no Friday 16th quiz when instead of my usual forgetting the day excuse I really did have a real one! I was working! 😭 I know I retired last year but when I went for my flu vaccine last Saturday one of my old bosses was there. She asked if I still had my registration and if I was still on the NHS staff bank. Stupidly I answered yes to both questions and the next thing I knew I had 2 shifts for the flu vaccine clinics this week and 2 for next week with more to come! I need to keep my big mouth shut in future! 😂😂😂😂

Leave a comment:

• cymrucruiser
    replied
    Originally posted by Mrs M View Post
    I won’t be around this Friday evening as we have a family celebration to attend so unless anyone offers, the next quiz will be on the 23rd.

Your brain and memory cells can have a rest.

Mrs M x
    my brain is ready to explode but I bet I’ll be wide awake coz it’s not on.
    enjoy the day and evening xx

Leave a comment:

• cymrucruiser
    replied
    Originally posted by gloandgeoff, Manchester View Post
    I am mystified how you are going to a family celebration in lockdown
    Talk about making an assumption 🙄
    Mrs M’s quizzes are good fun, you should join in 👍

Leave a comment:

• Mason, Altrincham
    replied
    Originally posted by Lawnmowerman, Tain View Post
    Have a lovely evening Mrs.M.

My brain cell has been put into deep freeze - I only hope I remember where I put It!!

LMM
    You and me both! At work I can win the weekly quiz most of the time because I remembered odd bits of useless information, but I tend to have to make about three trips back into the office to get my glasses/smart card/patient referrals because they slip my mind. I keep saying to my (much- like younger than my daughter) colleague that “if I had brains I’d be dangerous “ .

Maybe we should have a Joke night, with points for the best banter, never mind a quiz! 😆

Take care and stay well. Helen

Leave a comment:

• Lawnmowerman, Tain
    replied
    Have a lovely evening Mrs.M.

My brain cell has been put into deep freeze - I only hope I remember where I put It!!

LMM

Leave a comment:

• Mason, Altrincham
    replied
    Enjoy your celebration Mrs M. I hope it will be as “normal “ as possible under the circumstances. We actually went out for a meal on Sunday night and it felt amazing to do something that felt that normal 😁.

Take care and stay well. Helen

Leave a comment:

• BandN, Markyate
    replied
    Enjoy your family get together. See you next week.

Barb

Leave a comment:

• smtcan, Scarborough
    replied
    Have a lovely get together Mrs.M

I was sorry to miss last Friday, but it was a beautiful day here so we went for a walk that extended to nearly three hours. There are more distractions in the afternoon than evening, especially now the boat has been wrapped up for the winter and husband is at home more. There are pluses and minuses to that!!
    Sheila

Leave a comment:

• Mrs M
    replied
    Originally posted by All at sea, Yorks View Post
    Thanks for the heads up Mrs M, hope you have a lovely get together.

In the meantime.....brains and memory cells?
    The forum quizzers are equipped with both. Not sure how many of either, in my case but the rest of you are amazing.

Leave a comment:

• Mrs M
    replied
    Originally posted by Garfield, Waterlooville View Post
    Thanks for a timely heads up Mrs M.
    Enjoy your evening.

Garf.
    Thanks. We will.

Leave a comment:

• Mrs M
    replied
    Originally posted by gloandgeoff, Manchester View Post
    Forgive me for saying this, but I’m mystified by your mystification.

There are legal ways to celebrate at any level of lockdown eg, normal but small, dinner at home, separate tables when out and about, dinner in the garden under the stars with a couple of patio heaters for company and the final one being a celebration by Zoom. Dinner by Zoom doesn’t have quite the same atmosphere, I know because we had two Zoom birthday parties, but it’s better than nothing.

As you looked in, you might be interested in the quiz so we’d love to see you join in. All a bit of fun, nothing serious.

Leave a comment:

• Garfield, Waterlooville
    replied
    Thanks for a timely heads up Mrs M.
    Enjoy your evening.

Garf.

Leave a comment:

• gloandgeoff, Manchester
    replied

Leave a comment:

We use cookies to give you the