• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Do You Think

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Little Red Rouster, Lancaster View Post
    How is it China were the virus originated from has been reporting very low daily cases like today 21. What are they doing than no one else is doing.
    Dropping those infected out of the back of a plane over the South China Sea?

Comment

Originally posted by Issyalex, Glasgow View Post

My July appointment with my dentist was cancelled. During lockdown I’ve broke one tooth which isn’t giving me any problems. However I’ve had intermittent pain in another tooth and whatever’s wrong with that tooth it’s giving me bad breath. My dentist isn’t doing routine NHS work but I’ve had a text stating they will do private work! 🤔🤷🏻*♀️ I phoned to explain my problem and I’ve got an appointment for Friday to discuss my options. What I cannot understand is I cannot have any NHS work but I can have private work done, guess I’ll find out the why’s and cost on Friday.
      I sent an EMail to our dentist on a Monday earlier in the month explaining my problem to see what the situation was re Dentist visits, received phone call same afternoon offering me an appointment following day for a consultation, at consultation 2 appointments made for me to have treatment done on Friday same week, all sorted cost £65 well worth it.

This is an extraction from an EMail I received from our dentist today.

The capacity of all dental practices to provide NHS care is currently very limited

As with all dental providers, we must follow the Covid-19 safety procedures set by the government for NHS dental care. This includes leaving a 60-minute gap after each appointment, called ‘fallow time’. Fallow time is a set period where the surgery must remain empty before the next patient can be seen. We are also required to adhere to strict social distancing. As a result, some of our surgeries are out of use for part of each day and our practices only have around 25% of their usual appointments available.

As we learn more about the transmission of Covid-19, we hope that the fallow time between appointments will be able to be reduced. We have already made an investment of £1.25million in air filtration units that we will install in our practices over the coming weeks, which will mean we have greater availability for routine care in the near future.

We are looking to increase the number of routine NHS appointments we are able to offer all the time. If your local practice does not have any NHS capacity during normal working hours however, there may be an affordable alternative option to see one of our private dentists in the evenings or at the weekend. If this is something you'd like to consider, please contact your usual {my}dentist practice to find out more information
      Last edited by Delboy, Essex; 29th September 2020, 06:23 PM.
      Delboy

Photo Albums

https://www.flickriver.com/photos/delboyalbums/sets/

or

https://www.flickr.com/photos/delboyalbums/albums

Comment

I had a routine appointment booked for early July at my NHS dentist. This was cancelled due to Covid. Then later that month I got a text to say my hygienist appointment was due, this is private as dental practice only does hygienist appts privately. I paid and went for this appointment, to be told that I may have a problem, so come back for another appointment in 3 months. This I did earlier this month, to be told, all fairly ok, but possibly another problem, so come back in 3 months again. All this at £66 a throw! Have asked about routine NHS check-up and told, not doing those at the moment. I have no issue with the measures my practice has in place, but am really thinking that unless one is willing to pay privately, you aren't going to get anything done. Greed over health again I think!

Comment

Originally posted by BandN, Markyate View Post
          I had a routine appointment booked for early July at my NHS dentist. This was cancelled due to Covid. Then later that month I got a text to say my hygienist appointment was due, this is private as dental practice only does hygienist appts privately. I paid and went for this appointment, to be told that I may have a problem, so come back for another appointment in 3 months. This I did earlier this month, to be told, all fairly ok, but possibly another problem, so come back in 3 months again. All this at £66 a throw! Have asked about routine NHS check-up and told, not doing those at the moment. I have no issue with the measures my practice has in place, but am really thinking that unless one is willing to pay privately, you aren't going to get anything done. Greed over health again I think!
          Back from my dentist appointment. One tooth needs a crown which will cost £250 private and about £150 NHS but dentist said as it’s not causing me any bother to leave it until NHS procedures are back up an running. My other tooth needs to be pulled but he’s said he can put that down to an emergency so it’s free on NHS. I’ve got the tooth extraction appointment next Tue. I’ve not had a tooth removed in 30+ years so a wee bit nervous. They have sourced and bought all their own PPE as they are doing mainly private work.

dentist said that the NHS has stopped all but emergency procedures and if they have to do a procedure eg tooth extraction, and say the tooth breaks then they have to use suction/spray procedure which means the room has to be left for 60mins to let the air settle then rewash room. He said he’d rather be working as normal.
          don't want to work, just want to cruise.

Comment

Originally posted by Issyalex, Glasgow View Post

Back from my dentist appointment. One tooth needs a crown which will cost £250 private and about £150 NHS but dentist said as it’s not causing me any bother to leave it until NHS procedures are back up an running. My other tooth needs to be pulled but he’s said he can put that down to an emergency so it’s free on NHS. I’ve got the tooth extraction appointment next Tue. I’ve not had a tooth removed in 30+ years so a wee bit nervous. They have sourced and bought all their own PPE as they are doing mainly private work.

dentist said that the NHS has stopped all but emergency procedures and if they have to do a procedure eg tooth extraction, and say the tooth breaks then they have to use suction/spray procedure which means the room has to be left for 60mins to let the air settle then rewash room. He said he’d rather be working as normal.
            A couple of weeks ago, one of my back teeth broke in half. Fortunately I was able to get an emergency appointment at my usual practice. Temporary repair done and advised I will need a crown. Second appointment booked with my usual dentist when an X -day was taken. I now have two further appointments for the crown impression and to have the new tooth fitted.

My dentist accepts private patients only, I pay a monthly subscription which includes two check ups, but just a discount on any other treatment. As I left the practice I was presented with a bill for £610, to be paid in full before the new crown is fitted. I was shocked when I saw the price. I know all dental practices have had to put extra measures in place for Covid, but it seems the patient is having to meet some of the cost.

Comment

Originally posted by Blondie, Oxford View Post

A couple of weeks ago, one of my back teeth broke in half. Fortunately I was able to get an emergency appointment at my usual practice. Temporary repair done and advised I will need a crown. Second appointment booked with my usual dentist when an X -day was taken. I now have two further appointments for the crown impression and to have the new tooth fitted.

My dentist accepts private patients only, I pay a monthly subscription which includes two check ups, but just a discount on any other treatment. As I left the practice I was presented with a bill for £610, to be paid in full before the new crown is fitted. I was shocked when I saw the price. I know all dental practices have had to put extra measures in place for Covid, but it seems the patient is having to meet some of the cost.
              £610! 😱 here’s me thinking £250 for private crown was expensive. I’ve not had the price for my 2 x-rays or consult yet. My dentist is NHS and private but thankfully mainly NHS.
              don't want to work, just want to cruise.

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
              best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
              agree to our cookie policy

Working...
              X