• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have you got the Track & Trace App?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have you got the Track & Trace App?

Yesterday, I downloaded the new NHS track and trace app on my phone. I knew it would be quicker and more efficient than having someone write down my details every time I entered a restaurant or public domain.

Today, I tested it. To my dismay, the first place I tried it was in a cafe in M & S Chichester, only to find that it didn't work. My friend said that she thought it was a problem at the shop end because she couldn't register her Sparks card either.

Fortunately, when we went to a restaurant for lunch, the app worked perfectly. We are off for a few days away in Devon next week, so fingers crossed that it works whenever we need it to.

Have you got the app and tried it yet?
    Jill

My phone needs updating its an old one, so I don't know if that's the reason I only have an app for Scotland and one for Northern Island, not much use to me, so in answer to your question 'No' .................................................. ...Carol

Comment

Yes. Loaded it today, very simple.
      As I need to shield, it will be of limited use to me, but at least a duty done.

Comment

There should be a big NHS poster with the QR code to scan.
        No need to interact with anything else to do with the venue.

That's one of the benefits of the app check in is nothing to do with the venue

The Scottish app uses the same stuff the English one needs.

Comment

Downloaded the Scottish T&P app a few days ago, but as yet not needed it.
          don't want to work, just want to cruise.

Comment

Haven’t got a smart phone

Comment

Originally posted by Cooke, Ashby View Post
              Haven’t got a smart phone
              I’ve an Android phone and it downloaded ok.

Comment

Originally posted by Issyalex, Glasgow View Post

I’ve an Android phone and it downloaded ok.
                Yours is a smartphone Issy. I guess that Cooke's phone is unable to connect to the internet.
                Jill

Comment

Originally posted by Topdeck, London View Post
                  There should be a big NHS poster with the QR code to scan.
                  No need to interact with anything else to do with the venue.

That's one of the benefits of the app check in is nothing to do with the venue

The Scottish app uses the same stuff the English one needs.
                  I have the Scottish app but there is no QR scan facility.

LMM

Lawnmowerman

Comment

My mobile is around fifteen years old and has no internet. That's smart!

Comment

Originally posted by Smith7 View Post

Yours is a smartphone Issy. I guess that Cooke's phone is unable to connect to the internet.
                      Doh is it? 🙈😂😂 I always think a smart phone means an iPhone! 🤷🏻*♀️🙈😂

Comment

Seems that the App is a complete waste of time. You check in some where with a QR code say at 1pm. You leave that venue at 3pm. You cannot check out so it will be assumed that you are still there until either midnight or you check in some where else. Somebody checks in at 5pm who later tests positive. You will be notified even though you left 2 hours before the infected person arrived.
                        It doesn’t stop there. You can only record a positive test result by a code given with your result, however, it will only recognise codes of tests that were booked through the App. Also you cannot record a negative test.
                        Sounds like another failure, so don’t rush out to buy the latest phones.
                        Val

Comment

Originally posted by Mrsb, Essex View Post
                          Seems that the App is a complete waste of time. You check in some where with a QR code say at 1pm. You leave that venue at 3pm. You cannot check out so it will be assumed that you are still there until either midnight or you check in some where else. Somebody checks in at 5pm who later tests positive. You will be notified even though you left 2 hours before the infected person arrived.
                          It doesn’t stop there. You can only record a positive test result by a code given with your result, however, it will only recognise codes of tests that were booked through the App. Also you cannot record a negative test.
                          Sounds like another failure, so don’t rush out to buy the latest phones.
                          Val
                          Silly me - I thought they used Bluetooth Technology not QR Codes - wrong again Annie.

Annie

Comment

Originally posted by annie, Glasgow View Post

Silly me - I thought they used Bluetooth Technology not QR Codes - wrong again Annie.

Annie
                            I thought Bluetooth was involved, but businesses have to apply for a QR code so that you can scan in. Whether Bluetooth is involved in that I don’t know. Apparently you need IOS 14 if you have iPhone.
                            Val

Comment

Originally posted by annie, Glasgow View Post

Annie
                              Hi Annie

Not wrong for the Scottish app.

The Scottish app does not use QR codes - it relies on Bluetooth to recognise another enabled 'phone with the app and determines proximity and duration of contact. If you are in contact with another who is Covid positive (and they have the app and loaded the positive code) you will be alerted.

LMM

Lawnmowerman

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                              best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                              agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                              X