• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A Very Sad Day

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Very Sad Day

Breaking News

Police officer shot dead at a Police station in Croydon London today.

Croydon shooting: Officer shot dead at police custody centre https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-54293111

24E21D85-0D4C-4DDF-935D-E4C312101B8F.jpeg
    Last edited by Delboy, Essex; 25th September 2020, 10:12 AM.
    Delboy

Photo Albums

https://www.flickriver.com/photos/delboyalbums/sets/

or

https://www.flickr.com/photos/delboyalbums/albums

Tragic, not only for the police officers family, but for his colleagues and all front line emergency services staff whom seem to be the subject of more and more violence these days.

No doubt the human rights mob and the other usual suspects will be jumping in to defend the actions of the alleged murderer.

From the BBC Home Affairs correspondent Dominic Casciani "since the beginning of the 20th Century, only 73 police officers have been shot and killed by criminals in the UK, excluding all deaths in Northern Ireland."

Only 73. ONLY 73.

Comment

It's horrific.

My niece has just completed training to be an Apprentice emergency technician, her first day out in the ambulance. First two call outs were for people who were agitated and aggressive.

I think we are far to lenient on crime now, especially crimes against people who are trying to help you ...........................................Carol

Comment

A very sad day indeed. No doubt an enquiry will follow to establish how this “excuse for a human being“ managed to conceal a handgun on his person.

Comment

Very, very sad news. I agree with Carol that this country is far too lenient on crime. There appears to be no shame and conscience for misdemeanours or crime. In a lot of cases there is no respect given to other people. Sometimes I cannot believe I live in the same country as I did in the 50s/60s.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnR, Chippenham View Post
            Tragic, not only for the police officers family, but for his colleagues and all front line emergency services staff whom seem to be the subject of more and more violence these days.

No doubt the human rights mob and the other usual suspects will be jumping in to defend the actions of the alleged murderer.

From the BBC Home Affairs correspondent Dominic Casciani "since the beginning of the 20th Century, only 73 police officers have been shot and killed by criminals in the UK, excluding all deaths in Northern Ireland."

Only 73. ONLY 73.
            Give it a rest, you can defend human rights without having to defend someone who shoots and kills a police officer

Harpers Law will not stop it happening but at least it will stop them getting released,
            Last edited by andyn, Bucks; 25th September 2020, 05:24 PM.

Comment

We too often take our safety for a given, but as the Americans say "Freedom Ain't Free".
              I'm of the generation brought to respect our Police and to see them as friends. If in trouble ask a policeman. I always will.

Comment

Originally posted by BigEric, Brecon View Post
                We too often take our safety for a given, but as the Americans say "Freedom Ain't Free".
                I'm of the generation brought to respect our Police and to see them as friends. If in trouble ask a policeman. I always will.
                I, too, was brought up in a family where the law was shown total respect, my father having served in the Police. Having watched various programmes on TV where the reality of how our officers are treated I am appalled at the reactions of some offenders. Gone are the days when the villain holds up his hands and says 'it's a fair cop Guv!!'. I am one who believes the day has come for all officers to be armed, even with just a Taser, to give them even a slight chance of defending themselves. The idea of going to work every day to a job where you are liable to be attacked, spat at and have your authority disrespected is shocking, especially when the numbers are such that many officers must go it alone.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnR, Chippenham View Post

Only 73. ONLY 73.
                  John, balance that figure against the USA stats. 2nd amendment doesn’t help over there. Sheriffs departments are now routinely uploading video content to Liveleak.com showing suspects being shot by their officers. They’re doing this to show the public what their officers are having to deal with during routine traffic stops. Worryingly, gun sales have gone up 80% thanks to Trump who has the NRA vote. He’s tweeted that Biden will tax owners of semi auto assault rifles if he wins in November. He won’t stop at anything to continue his presidency.

Have you watched the Irish Garda police tv series ? - 1st episode last week. Dublin is getting out of control with drugs and guns. They had intel that a “hit” was about to take place on another gangland member. They followed the car involved and they were eventually “Hard” stopped. Both men were forensically suited up and wearing latex gloves. They had possession of two handguns and ammunition. Garda police are not routinely armed.

We are now seeing more and more community support officers and special constables to make us believe our streets are well policed when they’re not, far from it. In Glasgow city centre, and elsewhere for that matter, the council deploy “community wardens” who are dressed to look like police officers. The only difference is the colour of their head gear - yellow instead of white - shocking. Less powers, less training and less experience on how to deal with a new breed of criminal on our streets.. This parasite was on the terror watch list and had possession of ammunition. The alarm bells should have been ringing at the very start of that arrest. Apparently he tried to shoot two other officers in the custody suite.

Comment

Originally posted by andyn, Bucks View Post

Give it a rest, you can defend human rights without having to defend someone who shoots and kills a police officer

Harpers Law will not stop it happening but at least it will stop them getting released,
                    Oh dear, silly me. I thought all views were able to be expressed on this forum, so long as they were polite and courteous, but seemingly not so.

The tentacles of the high priests of lefty luvvie woke have even reached this forum and now it seems only views which accord with their own minority views may be expressed!

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                    best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                    agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                    X