• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A bit nippy last night.........

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A bit nippy last night.........

Felt a bit chilly last night when about to retire. Checked temperature and it was 1 degree (11 o'clock). Went down to zero but not as low as Altnahara (minus 5 degrees).

Looks as if winter may be early this year. How low was your temperature?

LMM

Lawnmowerman

Was a very pleasant sunny morning t’shirt weather, cut the lawn and spent time tidying up the garden this afternoon, before the rain came. The rain yesterday and today was welcomed as Sept has been a very dry month.

No rain at the moment, inside temperature 23C no heating on, according to local weather forecast its 11C outside and due to go down to 9C by midnight.
    Delboy

Photo Albums

https://www.flickriver.com/photos/delboyalbums/sets/

or

https://www.flickr.com/photos/delboyalbums/albums

Comment

It was so cold last night I considered shutting the windows and putting a duvet in the duvet cover

Comment

Originally posted by Lawnmowerman, Tain View Post
        Felt a bit chilly last night when about to retire. Checked temperature and it was 1 degree (11 o'clock). Went down to zero but not as low as Altnahara (minus 5 degrees).

Looks as if winter may be early this year. How low was your temperature?

LMM
        1 C at 0730 this morning.

Has been chilly all day but bright.

Robin Red Breast in the garden 2 or 3 weeks ago.

Annie

Comment

Haven't felt the need for the heating until this morning so put it on for an hour. OK during the day and evening (did put on a jumper last night though) - although that will change.

LMM

Lawnmowerman

Comment

Originally posted by annie, Glasgow View Post

Annie
            What beautiful song from the Robins. Our local plant nursery has a resident there and he/she was in full voice on Sunday - magical.

LMM

Lawnmowerman

Comment

Annie
              Saw a Robin in the garden this afternoon after I had dug over front of borders.

Have had Robins in garden most of summer, took the first two photos in June, third one earlier this month.

FCC0E6CE-F6F5-4618-9C4F-B01D01B5E78D.jpeg

97D55086-F384-41A7-9F73-F73746BC0FA4.jpeg

FE3F1667-7C7D-4221-BA88-EC593BF1DCC2.jpeg
              Delboy

Photo Albums

https://www.flickriver.com/photos/delboyalbums/sets/

or

https://www.flickr.com/photos/delboyalbums/albums

Comment

A bit chilly this morning, but still in shorts for golf at 7.30am. First rain for weeks for a short time, but then dry. Our golf course is bone dry at the moment, so the rain was welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by PeterM, Southwell View Post
                  A bit chilly this morning, but still in shorts for golf at 7.30am. First rain for weeks for a short time, but then dry. Our golf course is bone dry at the moment, so the rain was welcome.
                  Wimped out the trousers made their first appearance for a while, got hit by a heavy shower and squall but we were on the 18th and second group out in the comp.the remaining groups were not happy when they got in.

Comment

Annie
                    Much the same here. Up around 3 am and thought it was much colder than usual. Winter is def on the way. 🥶

Comment

Hi all. Long time no post... Health issues and hospital appointments/ procedures...
                      Well we just had down pour of hailstone here, yet I got sunburn in our garden two days ago 😂

Comment

It was chilly here last night.
                        rugs on the horses who need them tonight
                        Logs in by the fire ready for the first lighting when we need it
                        winter pjs on
                        absolutely no way the central heating is going on in September!

Comment

Originally posted by Tracey, East Yorkshire View Post
                          Hi all. Long time no post... Health issues and hospital appointments/ procedures...
                          Well we just had down pour of hailstone here, yet I got sunburn in our garden two days ago 😂
                          Good to see you back Tracey. Hope you're feeling better.

LMM

Lawnmowerman

Comment

Bedroom window was still open last night and only top sheet and thin blanket on the bed with throw folded at bottom end..............but this is our normal for most of the year. The blanket is removed April to mid Sept, the throw maybe pulled up when it’s freezing. Window is open all year except when it’s high winds . We’ve a bay window so if left open during heavy winds it will bang shut waking me.,

We had chilly winds with mainly blue skies today. Great day for hanging my sheets out. I’m happy as long as it’s not raining.

don't want to work, just want to cruise.

Comment

Originally posted by Tracey, East Yorkshire View Post
                              Hi Trace, lovely to see you. With regards to your other post re quiz, Pete's having a go tonight as we are off out. Normal service will be resumed next week.

Originally posted by Issyalex, Glasgow View Post
                              Bedroom window was still open last night and only top sheet and thin blanket on the bed with throw folded at bottom end..............but this is our normal for most of the year. The blanket is removed April to mid Sept, the throw maybe pulled up when it’s freezing. Window is open all year except when it’s high winds . We’ve a bay window so if left open during heavy winds it will bang shut waking me.,

We had chilly winds with mainly blue skies today. Great day for hanging my sheets out. I’m happy as long as it’s not raining.
                              We too always have a bedroom window open and it was noticeably cooler last night. Lovely.

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                              best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                              agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                              X