• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will That Work?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will That Work?

Hi Everyone

So all the hype to the new measures, and things haven't really changed at all in England. (The pubs already shut at 10 around here)

So do you think things should have gone further? I'm still confused on who can come in the house? It all seems to depend on a number of things, including whether someone is part of your support bubble!

I agree with the wearing of masks, but I don't agree with a fine if you don't. There are to many people exempt from wearing them, so I don't think someone should be fined if they don't.

.................................................. ......................Carol

Originally posted by carol, welwyn garden city View Post
    Hi Everyone

So all the hype to the new measures, and things haven't really changed at all in England. (The pubs already shut at 10 around here)

So do you think things should have gone further? I'm still confused on who can come in the house? It all seems to depend on a number of things, including whether someone is part of your support bubble!

I agree with the wearing of masks, but I don't agree with a fine if you don't. There are to many people exempt from wearing them, so I don't think someone should be fined if they don't.

I would assume that if someone not wearing a mask should be able to prove that they are exempt, thereby avoiding a fine.

How would you 'encourage' those that flout the rules to toe the line otherwise Carol?

Jill

Comment

Originally posted by Smith7 View Post

I would assume that if someone not wearing a mask should be able to prove that they are exempt, thereby avoiding a fine.

How would you 'encourage' those that flout the rules to toe the line otherwise Carol?
      In an ideal world you would just hope that they would, but given that so many people are exempt, it just seems unfair to me!! ............................................Carol

Comment

As I understand it 6 people maximum in a home, irrespective of how many households?

I am happy to wear a mask where required and do so, happy that those who serve me are now also required to wear one. I would imagine those who are exempt would also be exempt of a fine, providing then can prove it. It will probably be better to carry something, showIng they are exempt.
        Delboy

Photo Albums

https://www.flickriver.com/photos/delboyalbums/sets/

or

https://www.flickr.com/photos/delboyalbums/albums

Comment

Agreed! Most o f the people in my area not wearing marks are probably NOT exempt, they are just inconsiderate Di*k-He*ds!
          See my cruise blog: HERE

Comment

Originally posted by Malcolm, Essex View Post

Agreed! Most o f the people in my area not wearing marks are probably NOT exempt, they are just inconsiderate Di*k-He*ds!
            Just like the school kids on the train I was on last week. The guard on the train should have thrown them off. It's a pity that their mates who were wearing masks, didn't shame them into wearing one. There were too many breaking the rules to have been exempt; they were just showing off.
            Jill

Comment

At the hospital where I work we have had security people at the entrances checking where people are going and reminding them to put on a mask (which is provided free of charge) and use the hand gel provided. When I arrived yesterday the security guard at the door wasn’t even pretending to wear a face mask ( you know, wearing hooked over your ears but under your chin or nose). When I challenge him about it he bleated that wearing one makes him gag and I said “Tough!” He wasn’t on the door later; hopefully he was moved into their office because he was replaced by someone who actually wore it properly.

One of of these days I’m going to tell someone with their mask sitting under their nose that it’s like wearing their trousers down around their knees. You know they have it on, but it’s not where its supposed to be and not doing the job intended.

Take care and stay well! Helen

Comment

Originally posted by Delboy, Essex View Post
                As I understand it 6 people maximum in a home, irrespective of how many households?

can still be more than 6 for a single household(support bubble)

FAQ updated yesterday.

Face coverings to be worn in pubs except when eating and drinking from 24th, Staff included
                Going to be fun watching our pub with that one.
                They have been pretty good on the tests and trace since they now refuse entry if you don't.

Comment

Just like the school kids on the train I was on last week. The guard on the train should have thrown them off. It's a pity that their mates who were wearing masks, didn't shame them into wearing one. There were too many breaking the rules to have been exempt; they were just showing off.
                  A lot of schoolchildren board our local train at the end of the school day. I saw a large group this week, with none wearing face coverings.

I contacted the school yesterday - not to complain, but just to ask if teachers could talk to their classes and remind them about the rules and the reason for them. The assistant head replied, and said they were planning a session on this, this week. It's a decent school that tries to foster community spirit, so maybe it will have some effect.

I certainly don't wish to demonise young people, as I see travellers of all ages not following the rules, but as the school generates a lot of passengers locally, I thought that contacting them was worth a try!

Comment

Some people use the excuse that they have asthma
                    but asthmaUK state this
                    " Do I have to wear a face covering if I have asthma?

Most people with asthma, even if it’s severe, can manage to wear a face mask for a short period of time, and shouldn't worry if they need to wear one. Wearing a mask does not reduce a person’s oxygen supply or cause a build-up of carbon dioxide. You may have read stories that say that it can, but this isn’t true.

Some people with asthma tell us that face coverings can make breathing feel more difficult, which might be uncomfortable. It’s a good idea to try wearing a face covering at home, or on a short walk around the block first. It might not feel comfortable straight away, so give it a chance.

You can also experiment with different types of mask – some are easier to wear than others. Sometimes the feeling of wearing a face mask might take a bit of getting used to, but trying different types and starting with short periods of time can help you feel more comfortable.

There isn’t a blanket rule about face covering exemptions for everyone with asthma. But if you find it impossible to wear a face covering for health reasons, you don’t have to wear one. An example of this might be if a mask makes you too breathless.

Our advice and exemption card applies to wearing a face covering in public. If you need advice about wearing a face covering at work, have a conversation with your employer. You might need to do this if you’re exempt from wearing a face covering for health reasons, but your employer says you have to wear one.

You can use HSE guidance on face coverings at work, as well as the latest government guidance on exemptions, to help you do this.
                    https://www.asthma.org.uk/advice/tri...face-covering/

Comment

Originally posted by carol, welwyn garden city View Post
                      Hi Everyone

A snap YouGov poll taken yesterday evening noted that 45% of those surveyed feel the measures don't go far enough.

In my area there's a local lockdown anyway, with slightly stricter measures. Too early to judge success... or otherwise.

I honestly have no idea whether the measures are sufficient! I worry so much about the state of the economy, the futures of younger people and the damage to local communities... and later, the Brexit unknown. It's so depressing.

Comment

I’m confused. We have a limited number of people coming to the house, one at a time, and we can socially distance.

In the coop this morning only half the shoppers were wearing masks. What is it about these arrogant people that think the rules apply to everyone except them?

While waiting for my prescription at the pharmacy, I was required to stand outside in the rain, then invited in to discuss my new medication. I assume so that the pharmacist didn’t get wet.

Daughter cut her hand badly at the stables. I don’t think it needs stitching but she may need a tet**** jab. The GP will call her back! She could have lock jaw by then!

Comment

A bit hard on Pharmacists.

Our local one [not a chain] has had a one in one out policy for nearly six months so rain or shine, you stand out until it's your turn to enter. My neighbour is a pharmacist. He and his staff have been delivering to nursing homes and people suffering or shielding throughout this pandemic and have been at the sharp end advising when GPs haven't been available to discuss ailments. In a few cases, because they can't go to the GP, the thoughtless have asked, have I got Covid, potentially putting him and his staff at risk.

I think he and his staff along with other pharmacists have been more at risk than GPs. I applaud anything which will help keep our pharmacists safe and if that means an umbrella to keep the sun or rain off as we wait outside, then I'm happy to comply

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs M View Post

Our local one [not a chain] has had a one in one out policy for nearly six months so rain or shine, you stand out until it's your turn to enter. My neighbour is a pharmacist. He and his staff have been delivering to nursing homes and people suffering or shielding throughout this pandemic and have been at the sharp end advising when GPs haven't been available to discuss ailments. In a few cases, because they can't go to the GP, the thoughtless have asked, have I got Covid, potentially putting him and his staff at risk.

I think he and his staff along with other pharmacists have been more at risk than GPs. I applaud anything which will help keep our pharmacists safe and if that means an umbrella to keep the sun or rain off as we wait outside, then I'm happy to comply
                            At our dispensary, part of our country surgery, we are required to stand outside and wait until someone comes out and asks our requirements. As far as I know all staff have been kept safe which is the most important thing. It has been OK so far but what they will do when it gets cold and wet I don't know but a little inconvenience and keeping the staff safe is better than no staff due to illness.

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs M View Post

I think he and his staff along with other pharmacist have been more at risk than GPs. I applaud anything which will help keep our pharmacists safe and if that means an umbrella to keep the sun or rain off as we wait outside, then I'm happy to comply
                              No problem at our pharmacist which I visit twice a month to collect mine and my wife’s prescriptions, prefer to visit than have them delivered.

Our pharmacist has a policy only 4 people allowed in shop at a time, only had to wait outside once, people inside were waiting for prescriptions to be made up. We are notified when ours are ready, ordered via the NHS app.
                              Last edited by Delboy, Essex; 23rd September 2020, 11:27 AM.
                              Delboy

Photo Albums

https://www.flickriver.com/photos/delboyalbums/sets/

or

https://www.flickr.com/photos/delboyalbums/albums

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                              best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                              agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                              X