• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Here We Go Again.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JohnR, Chippenham View Post
    Who buys newspapers nowadays?

Can't do it with an iPad . . . . . . . . . . . can you?
    Hi John
    Guardian and I’ Mon-Sat.
    Sunday Times and Mail on Sunday.

I’m a Newspaper-aholic.
    JC

C P Scott,,,,,"Comment is Free,,but Facts are Sacred"
    "You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnR, Chippenham View Post
      Appalling scaremongering article by the DM.

I understand around about this time of the year supermarkets are rearranging and clearing some shelves to make room for Christmas goods. Is that why there are images of empty shelves or are they from March?
      Hi John
      When supermarkets are due a stocktake they often run the shelf stock down,,it’s makes stocktaking easier,,,extra crew come in early next morning to restock all the shelves.
      Our Asda did it yesterday.

JC

Comment

I went to Costco last night and they said the toilet rolls had run out by 3pm A friend went today and they told her they had run out by 11am!!

The toilet rolls come in 10 packs of 4, they are really good and last 3 of us about 4 months, I had to settle for Andrex in Tesco, they were selling 12 rolls for £3.33 clearence stock, and they had plenty .................................................. .Carol

Comment

If all this panic buying is starting again then it is up to the shops to stop it and limit the amount to each customer ,

Comment

Hi all
            Morrisons this lunchtime,,,how many do you want?

5AD267BB-A71C-4C51-B0AB-F4B1F690EF62.jpeg
            JC

Comment

I went into a Tesco Metro this morning, and the shelves did seem short of toilet paper. I bought a pack, as I had less than a roll in the bathroom and cloakroom. There's only me, so it'll last a while.
              2018-
              Queen Victoria - Mediterranean Explorer

2019 -
              NCL Getaway - Norway and Iceland
              Adventure of the Seas - Fall Foliage

2020 -
              Jewel of the Seas - Abu Dhabi & Dubai
              Magellan - Panama Canal

Comment

Hope threads like this don’t get onto Facebook or twitter, otherwise I can quickly see empty shelves again.
                Delboy

Photo Albums

https://www.flickriver.com/photos/delboyalbums/sets/

or

https://www.flickr.com/photos/delboyalbums/albums

Comment

Originally posted by Delboy, Essex View Post
                  Hope threads like this don’t get onto Facebook or twitter, otherwise I can quickly see empty shelves again.
                  Problem is it will get into social media. I don't know why the press, TV and radio insist on reporting things like this. They must know they're contributing to panic buying, perhaps even more than the idiots who insist on doing it.

Comment

If people would just shop normally there wouldn't be any shortages, I didn't run out of anything during lockdown as I keep a small stock of most things, my freezer is always full ( except when I run it down before holidays ) so I re-stocked as and when I could, for us life carried on pretty much as normal.

I just hope the supermarket queues don't start again as there is no way I will queue for an hour and a half when the cold weather arrives, having said that I can get 95% of what I want in M&S and I never queued there for more than 5 minutes.

Someone told me today there is a shortage of 'frozen turkeys' as people are buying them for Christmas ( just in case )
                    Jo

Comment

Originally posted by Dancing Queen, Chesterfield View Post
                      If people would just shop normally there wouldn't be any shortages, I didn't run out of anything during lockdown as I keep a small stock of most things, my freezer is always full ( except when I run it down before holidays ) so I re-stocked as and when I could, for us life carried on pretty much as normal.

I just hope the supermarket queues don't start again as there is no way I will queue for an hour and a half when the cold weather arrives, having said that I can get 95% of what I want in M&S and I never queued there for more than 5 minutes.

Someone told me today there is a shortage of 'frozen turkeys' as people are buying them for Christmas ( just in case )
                      There's a joke in there somewhere

LMM

Lawnmowerman

Comment

Originally posted by Dancing Queen, Chesterfield View Post

Not going to need a big turkey, as there will only be a maximum of 6 for dinner.

Comment

Originally posted by andyn, Bucks View Post

Not going to need a big turkey, as there will only be a maximum of 6 for dinner.
                          Depends on the size of your household

LMM

Lawnmowerman

Comment

Originally posted by andyn, Bucks View Post

Exactly! Anyway, we like roast beef as I do my turkey at the end of November for Thanksgiving. Gobble gobble!

Take care and stay well. Helen😁

Comment

Originally posted by Mason, Altrincham View Post

Exactly! Anyway, we like roast beef as I do my turkey at the end of November for Thanksgiving. Gobble gobble!

Take care and stay well. Helen😁
                              Deep Fried?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSI79ZftCpU

Comment

I wouldn't buy a frozen turkey anyway but I certainly won't be worrying about what we we will eat on Christmas day, I doubt we will starve
                                Jo

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                                best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                                agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                                X