• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It is not always the children to blame

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by All at sea, Yorks View Post

Is it ‘off the premises’?
    Hi ILS
    Thank you to both yourself and TD are right and I read it wrong.
    Probably my wishful thinking,,,I’ll just have to go out on Saturday at 17:30 instead of 19:30.

JC

C P Scott,,,,,"Comment is Free,,but Facts are Sacred"
    "You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts.

Comment

Originally posted by annie, Glasgow View Post

England catching up with Scotland again??

My brother has been undertaking childcare duties wrt his grandson since the schools returned.

Annie
      Hi Annie
      So have I,,,,the new rules were only due to come in tomorrow for my town,,now nothing changes I will still pick her up.

So not really catching anyone up.
      JC

Comment

Originally posted by jc, liverpool View Post
        Hi ILS
        Probably my wishful thinking,,,I’ll just have to go out on Saturday at 17:30 instead of 19:30.

JC
        Yes, did think that all that would happen is customers just start a couple of hours earlier.
        One of the big issues that used to happen with 11pm closing was all the pubs emptying out at the same time. However will be no takeaways to head to during curfew

Comment

Hi ILS

JC
          Hi CJ.......

Wonder what your good lady might have to say about that! Lol

Comment

Originally posted by All at sea, Yorks View Post

Hi CJ.......

Wonder what your good lady might have to say about that! Lol
            She'll be delighted, until she realises it also means he will be home 2 hours earlier

Comment

That is the way to do it - little notice

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-54228579

Annie

Comment

Just thought JC.

Why is there still a bowling green should have been converted to licensed to outside seating councils have been encouraged to allow that.

​​​​​entertainment tent could have do some good trade.

Comment

Its interesting to note that part way through this crisis Gove Hancock and Shapps all gave different interpretations of the same regulations, 20 minutes apart. Presumably, they needed detailed explanation too....

Comment

Originally posted by Topdeck, London View Post
                    Just thought JC.

Why is there still a bowling green should have been converted to licensed to outside seating councils have been encouraged to allow that.

​​​​​entertainment tent could have do some good trade.
                    Hi TD
                    If that happened the Bowling Section would lynch the Committee.
                    There is outside seating all around the bowling green now.
                    One of the joys of Sunday lunchtime or a match night on a Thursday evening in summer is sat out there with a beer listening to wood on wood.
                    Crown Green bowls of course.
                    JC

Comment

Originally posted by andyn, Bucks View Post

She'll be delighted, until she realises it also means he will be home 2 hours earlier
                      Hi Andy
                      The Lady will be with me,although may join me later if there is a game on the telly in the club,,,,wagon & trailer and all that on a Saturday night.
                      JC

Comment

Hi TD
                        If that happened the Bowling Section would lynch the Committee.
                        There is outside seating all around the bowling green now.
                        One of the joys of Sunday lunchtime or a match night on a Thursday evening in summer is sat out there with a beer listening to wood on wood.
                        Crown Green bowls of course.
                        JC

I guessed the green was out of bounds, but with seating you can drink at it will be part of the licenced space.

It's not HARD, sensible premises have the place cleared by 10pm.

The heat goes to those that have punters linger.

​​​​​​Shame we never got back tracing(or any sensible tracing) in place to trace the transmission.

70% of contacts are household or visiters where are they getting it from.

Comment

Covid: Pubs and restaurants in England to have 10pm closing times https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-54242634
                          Last edited by Delboy, Essex; 21st September 2020, 09:45 PM.
                          Delboy

Photo Albums

https://www.flickriver.com/photos/delboyalbums/sets/

or

https://www.flickr.com/photos/delboyalbums/albums

Comment

Hi Del
                            No doubt some will squeal like stuck pigs but us oldies remember when pubs were only open 6-11...
                            ​​Maybe that's the way to go again.

Comment

Originally posted by Garfield, Waterlooville View Post
                              Hi Del
                              No doubt some will squeal like stuck pigs but us oldies remember when pubs were only open 6-11...
                              ​​Maybe that's the way to go again.
                              Hi Garf
                              You must have led a sheltered life.
                              This oldie can remember when the pub shut at 3pm on a Sunday we would go into Liverpool to The Somali Cub or the West Indian Social Club on Parliament St.

When I started drinking the pubs were open 12-3 and in the evening.
                              WMC used to be open all day except on Sunday,,,then they would shut 3-7.

JC

Comment

Hiya jc

I couldn't afford to go to pubs....

Garf

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                                best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                                agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                                X