• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It is not always the children to blame

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    It is not always the children to blame

    Hi All

    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-englan...shire-54161544

    More justification for the Rule of 6.

    Annie

    #2
    I'd sack the lot of them...these are the kids roll models.

    Garf

    Comment


      #3
      So there were 8 of them, had there only been 6 would they not have caught it? or the 2 that weren't at the party could have had it, and infected everyone at school.

      I came home from town today on a bus with 12 people on it, (and that's because that was all that got on) , all random strangers. If I had 12 people in my house at least I'd know where they had all been!!
      .................................................. ..............Carol

      Comment


        #4
        And now the despicable clown Johnson is telling people to speak to their neighbours about any breaches of the rule of 6 before calling the police. Totally stupid and irresponsible. Wonder how often the police - especially after the police are still called because the neighbours don’t take kindly to the contact - will then have to deal with serious, perhaps long term, animosity, sometimes including physical harm, when neighbours react!

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by carol, welwyn garden city View Post
          So there were 8 of them, had there only been 6 would they not have caught it? or the 2 that weren't at the party could have had it, and infected everyone at school.

          I came home from town today on a bus with 12 people on it, (and that's because that was all that got on) , all random strangers. If I had 12 people in my house at least I'd know where they had all been!!
          .................................................. ..............Carol
          But would you??

          To control this virus, we need to reduce the number of social interactions. It is hard but there is no alternative sadly currently.

          Annie

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by Garfield, Waterlooville View Post
            I'd sack the lot of them...these are the kids roll models.

            Garf
            If they had broken the rules maybe I'd agree with you (even if Boris wouldn't), but they broke no rules

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by Garfield, Waterlooville View Post
              I'd sack the lot of them...these are the kids roll models.

              Garf
              I was not surprised after hearing at the weekend that the whole History department of a London High School contracted Covid.

              They held their departmental meeting in a cupboard and were warned expressly not to hold any meetings there on the grounds that social distancing was impossible.

              So maybe next time a class has to self-isolate, we don't automatically blame the kids.

              Annie

              Comment


                #8
                They should have carried guns and said they were grouse shooting,,,,,,,,,,,
                Wasnt this BEFORE the Rule of 6,,,,,,there are members on here who have attended partys in restaurants or gardens with more people than 8.
                JC
                Last edited by jc, liverpool; 17th September 2020, 05:24 PM.
                C P Scott,,,,,"Comment is Free,,but Facts are Sacred"
                "You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts.

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by andyn, Bucks View Post

                  If they had broken the rules maybe I'd agree with you (even if Boris wouldn't), but they broke no rules
                  Maybe they were within the person limit but the household limit I thought in England was 2??

                  Annie

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by annie, Glasgow View Post

                    Maybe they were within the person limit but the household limit I thought in England was 2??

                    Annie
                    Can't be bothered to find old rules, but would suggest that if they had broken any rules then the Headteacher would have know and would not have put that they did not break any rules in the letter

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by andyn, Bucks View Post

                      Can't be bothered to find old rules, but would suggest that if they had broken any rules then the Headteacher would have know and would not have put that they did not break any rules in the letter
                      Possibly the headmaster did not know of the household rule but knew of the person limit??

                      Annie

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by annie, Glasgow View Post

                        Maybe they were within the person limit but the household limit I thought in England was 2??

                        Annie
                        Correct , the maximum number of households was two. Now it’s six persons max, but no mention from how many households. Is it Scotland or Wales who have this restriction of 2 households only still?

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally posted by All at sea, Yorks View Post

                          Correct , the maximum number of households was two. Now it’s six persons max, but no mention from how many households. Is it Scotland or Wales who have this restriction of 2 households only still?
                          Hi

                          Thanks - I thought it was 2 because it impacts on my brother's family gatherings

                          In Scotland, unless you live in a LA with more restrictions, it is a max of 2 households.

                          In England, there is no cap on households - so max of 6??

                          In Wales, all households must be part of an extended household - I think the max is 4.

                          In S&W we don't count children aged under 12.

                          The only query re the teachers is maybe some were part of the same household or extended household??

                          Annie

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Originally posted by annie, Glasgow View Post

                            Possibly the headmaster did not know of the household rule but knew of the person limit??

                            Annie
                            Was it upto 30 people outside? As the story doesn't have any details I will go with headteacher in this case, who probably has a better grasp on the details than us....
                            ...................unless you had a relative at the party

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Originally posted by andyn, Bucks View Post

                              Was it upto 30 people outside? As the story doesn't have any details I will go with headteacher in this case, who probably has a better grasp on the details than us....
                              ...................unless you had a relative at the party
                              The person limit was not breached, it may have been the household limit that was breached.

                              On this occasion, no

                              I have more than enough teachers in my extended family thank you very much

                              Maybe we should ask the Tories for clarification??

                              Annie
                              Last edited by annie, Glasgow; 17th September 2020, 05:55 PM.

                              Comment


                              We use cookies to give you the
                              best experience possible.


                              By continuing to use our website you
                              agree to our cookie policy

                              Working...
                              X