• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

18th Sept, Friday night quiz here, 8pm

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

18th Sept, Friday night quiz here, 8pm

Not going out again? Snap.

Join me here if you want a bit of light relief.

Quiz will follow a sort of theme again. Science 'ish [ extremely ish] at Pete's suggestion. Having looked up the questions, I knew 19 out of the 20 answers. The one I didn't know is added to my trivia memory, that's if I will remember it.

We had a bit of a world record attendance last week and those who lasted the course or didn't fall asleep, astounded themselves at their sporting knowledge and so good at trivia or just in for a bit of fun and joining in the chat see you here. 8pm.

Hopefully.

I’ll be here for,it teacher! It’s not like I’m going out on the razz in Manchester any time soon.🥳🤩🤣. I may be distracted from time to time, but fingers crossed my brain cell will be working on at least 2 of the 4 cylinders 😝.

Take care and stay well. Helen

Comment

I promise Miss that I’ll try and remember. We’re going out for a late lunch/early dinner but hope to be back home by then but I may have partaken in a cocktail or three. Hic 🍸🍹🤷🏻*♀️
      don't want to work, just want to cruise.

Comment

Originally posted by Issyalex, Glasgow View Post
        I promise Miss that I’ll try and remember. We’re going out for a late lunch/early dinner but hope to be back home by then but I may have partaken in a cocktail or three. Hic 🍸🍹🤷🏻*♀️
        Enjoy xx

Barb

Comment

Science?................... oh well, I'll join in for the chat

Barb

Comment

Originally posted by BandN, Markyate View Post

Enjoy xx

Barb
            Thanks Barb, I can see a wee French cocktail waiting for me to go with my monkfish main course. 😀
            don't want to work, just want to cruise.

Comment

Originally posted by BandN, Markyate View Post
              Science?................... oh well, I'll join in for the chat

Barb
              Barb, you’ll be fine. It’s very ‘science ish'.

Comment

Originally posted by Issyalex, Glasgow View Post
                Have fun.

Comment

I'll be here but I may not answer many questions as I have limited ability to type due to the fact that I have badly damaged my shoulder, I spent 6 hours in A and E last Monday. It took over 4 hours to get an x-ray and another 1.5 to be seen and treated. it also took an hour and a quarter to get into A and E by phoning 111 first then 03001020247 to be triaged over the phone and then grated an appointment even though I was standing at the entrance to A and E throughout the process, a total time of 8 hours.
                  All the time I was at risk from Covid patients who were in the same queue, not happy about that.
                  I finally got home at 02.45.
                  I now have an appointment with he orthopaedic team on Monday coming. to decide a treatment plan. I think it is borderline for surgery, which has complications as there are significant increases of risk from a general anaesthetic with Parkinson's patients. the last 3 operations (one eye operation and 2 hernia ops) I've had were done under local anaesthetic with a sedative as well , ands being first on the list to allow the Parkinson's med to work during the op and not wear off which could have implications for tremors to start and make it difficult for the surgeon.
                  Pete

sigpic
                  If I can't be SKIING then CRUISING is the next best thing

Comment

Get well soon Pete. This is not a good time to require hospital treatment.

I hope to join the quiz, if I remember at 3pm. We are heading out for a walk and a bit of shopping now, so the afternoon should be free. Husband will probably sail again, so I should have peace and quiet.

Sheila

Comment

Originally posted by Pete, Caerphilly View Post
                      I'll be here but I may not answer many questions as I have limited ability to type due to the fact that I have badly damaged my shoulder, I spent 6 hours in A and E last Monday. It took over 4 hours to get an x-ray and another 1.5 to be seen and treated. it also took an hour and a quarter to get into A and E by phoning 111 first then 03001020247 to be triaged over the phone and then grated an appointment even though I was standing at the entrance to A and E throughout the process, a total time of 8 hours.
                      All the time I was at risk from Covid patients who were in the same queue, not happy about that.

So apart from all this, it was an easy peasy hospital visit!!

I now have an appointment with he orthopaedic team on Monday coming. to decide a treatment plan. I think it is borderline for surgery, which has complications as there are significant increases of risk from a general anaesthetic with Parkinson's patients. the last 3 operations (one eye operation and 2 hernia ops) I've had were done under local anaesthetic with a sedative as well , ands being first on the list to allow the Parkinson's med to work during the op and not wear off which could have implications for tremors to start and make it difficult for the surgeon.
                      Huh, and I've done an ish theme on science!

Never mind Pete, it really is ''ish'' so join in and add your half ['cos the real deal isn't possible with a crock shoulder] pennyworth. You can blame any interesting spelling on your shoulder!!
                      x

Comment

Hope you feel better soon Pete. x

Barb

Comment

Originally posted by Pete, Caerphilly View Post
                          Best wishes Pete, I understand fully the implications of meds 'switching off' and how important it is to have them on time.

LMM

PS it's an ill wind................
                          Last edited by Lawnmowerman, Tain; 18th September 2020, 05:43 PM. Reason: PS

Lawnmowerman

Comment

Hope you make a good recovery Pete. Shoulder pain is no fun.

Take ken care and stay well. Helen

Comment

Hi all, checking in........................

Barb x

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                              best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                              agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                              X