• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Quiz, Friday 21st August, here, 8pm

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mrs M View Post
    It's generally considered to be mead, but I don't know about any Indian or Lithuanian connection
    point to all who said mead
    I found this in google.

https://baltic-review.com/culinary-h...coholic-drink/
    don't want to work, just want to cruise.

Comment

Originally posted by Issyalex, Glasgow View Post

I looked up YouTube to listen to the song. Nope don’t remember the song or band..........maybe I’m too young! Not!
      I recall the song, very 'poppy' not my taste at all. Can't remember when it was ....maybe 70's

Comment

Originally posted by BandN, Markyate View Post

I recall the song, very 'poppy' not my taste at all. Can't remember when it was ....maybe 70's
        Definitely mid 70s! I loved their harmonies.

Comment

Now given myself an earworm, going to have to play some rock to get rid of it

Comment

Scores on the doors
            Pete came first, but i think, in the sheer quality of participants contribution, you're all winners tonight.

Comment

Well it’s definitely my era but don’t know the band or song. I liked pop music.

Comment

I LOVE that term

'It's a small small world' is the worst!!!

Comment

Fantastic - and no secret weapon in sight...............

Lawnmowerman

Comment

Thanks everyone. That was a pleasant way to spend a rainy afternoon.

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs M View Post
                      Scores on the doors
                      Pete came first, but i think, in the sheer quality of participants contribution, you're all winners tonight.
                      What you really mean is you couldn’t keep up with the banter and the scores! 🤔😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

thanks for being quiz mistress. Great job. 👏🏻👏🏻

Comment

thanks for another great quiz

and thanks to everybody who made me laugh with their witty banter
                        good luck to al those swots going for o levels ; A levels and Degrees
                        Pete

sigpic
                        If I can't be SKIING then CRUISING is the next best thing

Comment

Well this was certainly different tonight but enjoyable all the same...
                          Thanks once again to Mrs M for the questions and my fellow forumites just for being here.

P.S.
                          Google The Petersons if you like Country music...a very talented family

Comment

1976 to be exact! That is at least a pleasant earworm. You should have something really loud going on in your head! Oy vey!

Comment

Originally posted by Mason, Altrincham View Post
                              Starland Vocal Band’s big hit was “Afternoon Delight”. Surely you remember that! 😁
                              Just googled it too - yes, know the song but couldn't name the band - Carpenters-ish

Lawnmowerman

Comment

Originally posted by Lawnmowerman, Tain View Post
                                Fantastic - and no secret weapon in sight...............
                                Hmmmmm I’m thinking there was no secret weapon other than your funny banter.

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                                best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                                agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                                X