• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The march of time..............

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The march of time..............

I see plenty cruise offers via e-mails dated 2021 and I can't quite get my head around how soon they are. My head tells me the cruise lines are advertising well ahead but in reality they are only a few months away. Similarly when I have an appointment in a few months it seems an age away - but of course it's not.

Anyone else? Ah, the march of time - it really does speed up.

Or is it just me!

LMM

Lawnmowerman

I think because of these strange times I cant recall ever having such mixed feelings about the passing of time.Sometimes it seems like time is passing slowly but then I find I can't quite believe its August.
    I put it down to anxious times then feeling hopeful then anxious again.
    it really is a odd situation.

Comment

Time related to different events seems to move at different speeds. Some events a long time ago seem just like yesterday.

Some events a few months ago seem like a lifetime ago.

As the American's say - go figure!
      See my cruise blog: HERE

Comment

I have found that the time since Lockdown began has just passed me by without too much thought.

I have learned to fill my time differently. to compensate for the things that have been vetoed these past few months.
        Jill

Comment

I’m taking each day as it comes. When you are shielded every day is the same. I seem to have been isolated for ever. Even now I’m allowed out I need to be careful because the chemo weakens my immune system. ‘Normal’ things I used to do seem ages ago.

Comment

At the beginning of lockdown I had already been isolating for some weeks. I thought the time would drag in but it hasn't, it has flown in. I can't believe it's August already. I will definitely not be booking anything for the foreseeable future mainly because I am convinced there will be a second wave and it would be foolish to think 2021 will be a year for cruising. Before I know it we shall be preparing for Christmas; who knows what that will be like!

Comment

Originally posted by cruiser, Larne View Post
              At the beginning of lockdown I had already been isolating for some weeks. I thought the time would drag in but it hasn't, it has flown in. I can't believe it's August already. I will definitely not be booking anything for the foreseeable future mainly because I am convinced there will be a second wave and it would be foolish to think 2021 will be a year for cruising. Before I know it we shall be preparing for Christmas; who knows what that will be like!
              Well I for one am hoping 2021 WILL be the year of back to cruising and as I have said before, we have a few already booked. If we don't go and don't get our money back or another deferment we'll walk away from them but until that happens, at least we have something to look forward to and as I'm a bit of a fatalist with this whole crisis, I won't be disappointed if we don't go. What will be, will be.

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs M View Post

Well I for one am hoping 2021 WILL be the year of back to cruising and as I have said before, we have a few already booked. If we don't go and don't get our money back or another deferment we'll walk away from them but until that happens, at least we have something to look forward to and as I'm a bit of a fatalist with this whole crisis, I won't be disappointed if we don't go. What will be, will be.
                It’ll be Xmas before we know it 😳

Yes, hopefully 2021 will be the year of cruising.

Comment

Originally posted by mike, lanarkshire View Post

It’ll be Xmas before we know it 😳

Yes, hopefully 2021 will be the year of cruising.
                  A friend mentioned yesterday that Costco had Christmas decorations on display.

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs M View Post

I’m with you Mrs M. I’ve 2 cruises booked for next year which I have high hopes that they will go ahead. If it’s for you it won’t go by you.
                    don't want to work, just want to cruise.

Comment

I thought last year flew by, but this year despite everything seems to be going even quicker. I can't believe I only have 2 months left to my 60th, I feel like I have been cheated, and missed out completely on the last year of my 50's!! .................................................. .........................Carol

Comment

Originally posted by carol, welwyn garden city View Post
                        I thought last year flew by, but this year despite everything seems to be going even quicker. I can't believe I only have 2 months left to my 60th, I feel like I have been cheated, and missed out completely on the last year of my 50's!! .................................................. .........................Carol
                        Then you should remain 59 until your birthday in 2021 then celebrate your 60th.

Comment

Hi all
                          A great country song by the worlds best country singer,,,,just to match the thread.
                          Pour a whiskey,shut your eyes and listen to a classic.

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rc...i9b6Z70_pFOX45
                          JC
                          C P Scott,,,,,"Comment is Free,,but Facts are Sacred"
                          "You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts.

Comment

Originally posted by jc, liverpool View Post
                            Hi all
                            A great country song by the worlds best country singer,,,,just to match the thread.
                            Pour a whiskey,shut your eyes and listen to a classic.

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rc...i9b6Z70_pFOX45
                            JC
                            And Kris Kristofferson sitting beside him. 💕

we prefer the newer country and western singers like Carrie Underwood, Brad Paisley, Keith Urban but saying that you canny beat a bit of Connie Frances or Patsy Cline.

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                            best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                            agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                            X