• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lost For Words

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Lost For Words

    As long as this continues what chance have we got to control the virus. Absolutely crazy What does the Government have to do to convince these people what we are dealing with here..

    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...use-power.html

    #2
    Originally posted by Little Red Rouster, Lancaster View Post
    As long as this continues what chance have we got to control the virus. Absolutely crazy What does the Government have to do to convince these people what we are dealing with here..

    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...use-power.html
    Thought provoking article by Nazir Afzar on associated subject. He talks common sense and isn’t afraid to ask questions where many fear to tread.

    Can't mention one sector of society without also mentioning others who congregate in illegal numbers. We have a problem with teens who congregate in one of the common fields late at night. Loud music, poppers, alcohol...

    It's well known by the doggie walkers who have to navigate the debris and if we know about it, why can’t 'those' who have the authority, clamp down on it?

    Then there are raves, over crowded venues, illicit parties and so yes, there are quite a few sections of society who need their bumps feeling, or more accurately, their collars felt!

    Comment


      #3
      If you look at the areas experiencing a spike in cases, many are those with large South Asian populations. I read a very good article written by a Muslim councillor from Leicester. He maintained that the cause of Leicester's spike was lack of social distancing, partly because large family groups tend to live in small houses, and partly because there was a tendency to ignore all the precautions laid down even outside immediate families. He explained that South Asian people often have a very fatalistic attitude, believing that what will be will be, and nothing they do will influence the inevitable outcome. If this carries on, I can see a racist back lash from those who feel that their lives are being impacted by the behaviour of the South Asian population. The other group who seem to be ignoring advice and instructions are the 18-25 age group. As I've said in a previous post, perhaps the time has come to inflict severe penalties on those who ignore the rules.

      Comment


        #4
        Hi all
        Typical sloppy Daily (hate) Mail journalism,,,in the first map they put Bradford,Kirklees and Calder Valley in the North West of England.
        The North West is Gods Country,,,,those 3 are in Yorkshire.
        JC
        C P Scott,,,,,"Comment is Free,,but Facts are Sacred"
        "You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts.

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by Little Red Rouster, Lancaster View Post
          As long as this continues what chance have we got to control the virus. Absolutely crazy What does the Government have to do to convince these people what we are dealing with here..

          https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...use-power.html
          £1000 fines

          Annie

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by PeterM, Southwell View Post
            If you look at the areas experiencing a spike in cases, many are those with large South Asian populations. I read a very good article written by a Muslim councillor from Leicester. He maintained that the cause of Leicester's spike was lack of social distancing, partly because large family groups tend to live in small houses, and partly because there was a tendency to ignore all the precautions laid down even outside immediate families. He explained that South Asian people often have a very fatalistic attitude, believing that what will be will be, and nothing they do will influence the inevitable outcome. If this carries on, I can see a racist back lash from those who feel that their lives are being impacted by the behaviour of the South Asian population. The other group who seem to be ignoring advice and instructions are the 18-25 age group. As I've said in a previous post, perhaps the time has come to inflict severe penalties on those who ignore the rules.
            Hi Peter
            A racist backlash against the behaviour of SA population.?

            Take a look at the photos in the article,,,,the only ones showing temp checking,distancing,mask wearing etc,are the SA population.

            Then look at the others featuring pubs,beaches etc,,,,,maybe there should be a racist backlash against stupid ignorant Englishmen out in the midday sun.

            JC
            C P Scott,,,,,"Comment is Free,,but Facts are Sacred"
            "You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts.

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by annie, Glasgow View Post

              £1000 fines

              Annie
              Hi Annie
              Are you volunteering to take the names and addresses of 5,000 drunks on Bournemouth and Brighton beaches?

              Every police force in the country are saying the rules are unenforceable.

              JC

              C P Scott,,,,,"Comment is Free,,but Facts are Sacred"
              "You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts.

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by jc, liverpool View Post
                Hi Peter
                A racist backlash against the behaviour of SA population.?

                Take a look at the photos in the article,,,,the only ones showing temp checking,distancing,mask wearing etc,are the SA population.

                Then look at the others featuring pubs,beaches etc,,,,,maybe there should be a racist backlash against stupid ignorant Englishmen out in the midday sun.

                JC
                I'm not suggesting it's just the SA population, but the spikes in places like Leicester, Blackburn and Bradford would indicate that this has a lot to do with it. Even some of the SA leaders seem to agree with this. Those with racist tendencies may seek to blame South Asians. Any excuse etc.

                Comment


                  #9
                  One issue is some non save distancing situations hitting the news will show up as a superspread event while others won't as people disperse and I suspect the current testing systems won't make the connection every time.

                  The current new restrictions are on the back of quite small changes in the numbers just in the wrong direction so could get out of control quickly.

                  Looks like they may have delayed the weekly covid surveillance data to add information related to the lockdown.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Venues need the big fines, but that could bankrupt them.

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by PeterM, Southwell View Post

                      I'm not suggesting it's just the SA population, but the spikes in places like Leicester, Blackburn and Bradford would indicate that this has a lot to do with it. Even some of the SA leaders seem to agree with this. Those with racist tendencies may seek to blame South Asians. Any excuse etc.
                      Hi Peter.
                      But the spikes,I believe, are nothing to do with reckless behaviour.
                      More to do with being a community based Society,,,,they don’t throw their parents into care homes,they live in their homes,,,hence overcrowding,,children marry and live at home longer,,,more of the community worship together.

                      There is real studies going on as to why BAME communities are more susceptible to the virus,,,,,I don’t believe any will come to the conclusion it’s because of their wilful disregard for rules.

                      Of course those with racist tendencies will seek to blame,,that’s what racists do,,,,it’s also those that the Daily (hate) Mail pander too.
                      Thats why they headlined the article like they did.

                      JC
                      C P Scott,,,,,"Comment is Free,,but Facts are Sacred"
                      "You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts.

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Its people, of all sorts. Some of my neighbours, old enough to know better and not totally dim, have had family round regularly to socialise since the beginning, as they always did. Even 2 deaths of elderly from Covid in the road did not seem to make any difference. We are still not supposed to be inside with others unless, from a few weeks ago with one other family in a bubble. As I type the 2 worst culprits have 3 visiting cars apiece. Visitors include children and a person in a wheelchair. It is not just those from an ethnic minority or the deprived, some people are just immune to the disease and possible effects, they will not be infected!

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Definitely more comunity support interaction through extended families that may lead to heard immunity in those communities much sooner if effective.

                          One of our very old aunts has started visiting some of her younger relatives and friends they are only in their late 80/90.

                          Up to now she has stuck with the youngsters in the family for support.

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Originally posted by jc, liverpool View Post
                            Hi Annie
                            Are you volunteering to take the names and addresses of 5,000 drunks on Bournemouth and Brighton beaches?

                            Every police force in the country are saying the rules are unenforceable.

                            JC
                            Hi JC

                            Re the beaches, why don't they use the Benidorm system??

                            I heard the other day that some pub goers at a local in my area were not following the guidelines and the police issued them with tickets. The word spread very quickly.

                            Annie

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Originally posted by mags, cardiff View Post
                              Its people, of all sorts. Some of my neighbours, old enough to know better and not totally dim, have had family round regularly to socialise since the beginning, as they always did. Even 2 deaths of elderly from Covid in the road did not seem to make any difference. We are still not supposed to be inside with others unless, from a few weeks ago with one other family in a bubble. As I type the 2 worst culprits have 3 visiting cars apiece. Visitors include children and a person in a wheelchair. It is not just those from an ethnic minority or the deprived, some people are just immune to the disease and possible effects, they will not be infected!
                              Spot on Mags.

                              The worse culprits in my street are those older than myself and I have the state pension

                              I love Cuomo of NY's phrase, it is about WE and not about ME.

                              Annie

                              Comment


                              We use cookies to give you the
                              best experience possible.


                              By continuing to use our website you
                              agree to our cookie policy

                              Working...
                              X