• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Snooker

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Snooker

    Watching snooker today. There is a small audience who got there before the latest rules were announced. Looking at the idiots there, very few are wearing masks and no one seems to be enforcing the face covering rules. So no audience tomorrow. C

    #2
    Hi Judith..
    No fans from tomorrow.. Barry Hearn is hoping some may be allowed for the final.
    Goodwood and cricket have also fallen foul of the no spectators ruling.

    Garf

    Comment


      #3
      Originally posted by Garfield, Waterlooville View Post
      Hi Judith..
      No fans from tomorrow.. Barry Hearn is hoping some may be allowed for the final.
      Goodwood and cricket have also fallen foul of the no spectators ruling.

      Garf
      Hi Garf
      Beat me to it,,
      The Snooker,last weeks cricket at the Oval and Goodwood was part of a 3 sport pilot trial,,,,in didn’t work.

      Had a coffee with a Pro Tour snooker player,,Andrew Higginson yesterday,,,he played in the qualifiers early in the week,,he lost 10:8 in the final.qualifier.
      He told me everything in the theatre was spot on,,no audience,a long rest for each player,screens around each individual table etc.

      But off screen on the practice tables it was as normal,,shared rests,touching balls etc.all front show

      Spectators with tickets for sessions of this year’s event was issued with a spectator code of conduct and asked to agree to the terms contained in a pre-event liaison document before gaining entry. Ticket-holders We’re told they must congregate in a designated area outside the venue shortly before the scheduled start time and wear face masks as they make their way straight to their seats, although they can be removed during play.


      JC


      C P Scott,,,,,"Comment is Free,,but Facts are Sacred"
      "You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts.

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by jc, liverpool View Post
        Hi Garf
        Beat me to it,,
        The Snooker,last weeks cricket at the Oval and Goodwood was part of a 3 sport pilot trial,,,,in didn’t work.

        Had a coffee with a Pro Tour snooker player,,Andrew Higginson yesterday,,,he played in the qualifiers early in the week,,he lost 10:8 in the final.qualifier.
        He told me everything in the theatre was spot on,,no audience,a long rest for each player,screens around each individual table etc.

        But off screen on the practice tables it was as normal,,shared rests,touching balls etc.all front show

        Spectators with tickets for sessions of this year’s event was issued with a spectator code of conduct and asked to agree to the terms contained in a pre-event liaison document before gaining entry. Ticket-holders We’re told they must congregate in a designated area outside the venue shortly before the scheduled start time and wear face masks as they make their way straight to their seats, although they can be removed during play.


        JC

        Hi jc
        Football and rugby will be hit big time by a continuing spectator ban........the Prem are currently looking at health passports to enable some fans to return probably in Oct.
        I won't be renewing this year but will be putting a hold on my 2 seats for the season after even if I have to pay a deposit.
        Seems to me we could be heading towards a debenture scheme.

        Garf

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by Garfield, Waterlooville View Post

          Hi jc
          Football and rugby will be hit big time by a continuing spectator ban........the Prem are currently looking at health passports to enable some fans to return probably in Oct.
          I won't be renewing this year but will be putting a hold on my 2 seats for the season after even if I have to pay a deposit.
          Seems to me we could be heading towards a debenture scheme.

          Garf
          With the massive disparity between the Premier and every other level of football, I am afraid that many clubs will go bust. The premier league do not need bums on seats. All they are going to be focUsed on is getting their games on TV, merchandising and sponsorship.
          I would not be surprised if we lose a whole league

          Comment


          We use cookies to give you the
          best experience possible.


          By continuing to use our website you
          agree to our cookie policy

          Working...
          X