• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New lockdown notice!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New lockdown notice!

I was just looking on the BBC website and it says that a new local lockdown is coming to Greater Manchester as of midnight. Not good news for families who are trying to help each other either looking after older relatives or helping out with grandchildren. We’ve only just got used to seeing our grandson again who has just started crawling. This is going to hurt a lot of people who were only just getting their heads out of a dark place for the first time in months.

Take care and stay well. Helen

Hi all
    The order covers:

All of Greater Manchester

East Lancashire: Pendle, Hyndburn, Burnley, Rossendale and Blackburn with Darwen

West Yorkshire: Bradford, Calderdale and Kirklees

The City of Leicester, which saw the UK's first local lockdown

JC

C P Scott,,,,,"Comment is Free,,but Facts are Sacred"
    "You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts.

Comment

Sadly, it looks like a case of the majority paying the price of the lack of care from the minority.
      Jill

Comment

Originally posted by Mason, Altrincham View Post
        I was just looking on the BBC website and it says that a new local lockdown is coming to Greater Manchester as of midnight. Not good news for families who are trying to help each other either looking after older relatives or helping out with grandchildren. We’ve only just got used to seeing our grandson again who has just started crawling. This is going to hurt a lot of people who were only just getting their heads out of a dark place for the first time in months.

Hi Helen

They are however reviewing this on a weekly basis.

So as we say up here if everyone 'screws the bobbin', it might not be for long.

Annie

Comment

Eid starts tonight/ tomorrow...maybe this is why the lockdown tonight.

Garf

Comment

What gets me is that it will still be ok to go out to eat, but just not with my family who I have been “bubbling “ with for the past few weeks. I’m sure I’m not the only one who would rather forego the restaurant part to be able to help family.

Comment

Originally posted by Garfield, Waterlooville View Post

Garf
              I think you have a very valid point there Garfield.

Comment

Originally posted by Mason, Altrincham View Post
                What gets me is that it will still be ok to go out to eat, but just not with my family who I have been “bubbling “ with for the past few weeks. I’m sure I’m not the only one who would rather forego the restaurant part to be able to help family.

You beat me to it Helen, how will this ruling affect pubs, restaurants etc ? Anyone know??

Annie

Comment

Another shambles, still making it up as they go along. No one seems to know what the latest rules are.
                  How is anyone going to follow the rules if no one knows what they are..........

Comment

Originally posted by Garfield, Waterlooville View Post

Garf
                    Only if the moon is sighted.

Comment

Originally posted by Smith7 View Post
                      Sadly, it looks like a case of the majority paying the price of the lack of care from the minority.
                      You have hit the nail on the head.

Comment

if the data is suggesting the major route of transmission is between households in domestic settings then stopping that is appropriate.

What I did find at odds with test and trace was the report of the gathering in Stone.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-englan...shire-53577728

Seems the are only asking people to get tested, they should all be told to isolate for 14 days as close contacts

With followup tracing to track down all who attended.

Comment

Originally posted by andyn, Bucks View Post
                          Another shambles, still making it up as they go along. No one seems to know what the latest rules are.
                          How is anyone going to follow the rules if no one knows what they are..........
                          It's not rocket science.

Wear a mask when in shops.

Keep 2 metres apart from anyone outside your bubble.

Don't engage in mass family gatherings.

Jill

Comment

Originally posted by Smith7 View Post

It's not rocket science.

Wear a mask when in shops.

Keep 2 metres apart from anyone outside your bubble.

Don't engage in mass family gatherings.
                            ...and certainly lots about it in the news. We meet those not in our ''bubble'', outside but then we all seem to be lucky in having gardens in which can be socially distant. Hitting the gym again today and that's one place where the young ''beefy brigade'' have no sense of social distancing! I just kept away from them the other day.
                            Last edited by Mrs M; 31st July 2020, 06:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs M View Post

...and certainly lots about it in the news. We meet those not in our ''bubble'', outside but then we all seem to be lucky in having gardens in which can be socially distant. Hitting the gym again today and that's one place where the young ''beefy brigade'' have no sense of social distancing! I just kept away from them the other day.
                              Looks like gardens are not allowed either

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                              best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                              agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                              X