• Ahoy there! Why not join the UK’s largest cruising forum? The Cruise.co.uk forum is the perfect place to meet and interact with likeminded cruisers to have invaluable conversations. Whether you're a veteran cruiser or looking to set sail on the sea for the first time, everyone is welcome on our forum to participate in the hottest conversations in the cruising world. So, what are you waiting for? Join the forum today by clicking here to register!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are you missing most?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What are you missing most?

Apart from cruising of course, now that we are taking baby steps to a new near normal life at home, what are you still not able to do that you did before lockdown?

We are now able to visit my family, shop for food and eat out, albeit with restrictions in place. We can visit National Trust places, I have booked a couple of coach trips for this year, having assurances that at the moment it is safe to do so (this could change of course, if we get a second spike).

What I miss most though is singing with my choir, even though we have a Zoom sing every week- imagine only seeing your fellow choir members but not being able to hear them sing when the music is played by our leader. She has to mute everyone because we would all be out of sync! So, we can only hear our own voices and watch others, who are slightly ahead or behind. Nevertheless, it is good to sing out loud and good to chat to them all in between songs.

OH misses his Bridge club. He knows that he could play online with other members but says that it is social interaction he misses.

Both activities are unlikely to be up and running any time soon unfortunately.

What do you miss most?

Jill

I just miss the freedom of being able to do what I want when I want, without having to think about it. .................................................. .....Carol

Comment

Originally posted by carol, welwyn garden city View Post
      I just miss the freedom of being able to do what I want when I want, without having to think about it. .................................................. .....Carol
      That perfectly sums up my thoughts Carol. Thanks.

Comment

Sounds daft, but I miss grocery shopping. Alan has done the shopping since lockdown but he tends to have little imagination. I’m a bit fed up of the same things.

Comment

That's it in a nutshell. It's better than it was but a long way from normal. I suppose holidays are the most important of life's unimportant things but you sure miss them when they're not there.
          Logic will get you from A to B.
          Imagination will take you everywhere.

Comment

Freedom! LMM

C7445120-C7CF-4141-A094-BB6F0BE94298_4_5005_c.jpeg

Lawnmowerman

Comment

To me "happiness" is looking forward to things, such as a holiday or other event..

I don't really have a focal points to look forward to. every day feels the same.
              See my cruise blog: HERE

Comment

Pretty much back to normal for daily life, will be visiting remote people soon that need overnights and substituting the cruises with a more eating out and UK trips.

Comment

Originally posted by Malcolm, Essex View Post
                  To me "happiness" is looking forward to things, such as a holiday or other event..

I don't really have a focal points to look forward to. every day feels the same.
                  I know people who have commented the same.

I hope it is not part of the 'new normal'.

Annie

Comment

Our usual activities and organisations including church. Some of our groups have continued by Zoom and WhatsApp but its hardly the same. It is not just the event, its meeting people and having a chat.
                    Going to and seeing family, all at a distance.
                    Travel at home and abroad, including cruises.
                    Ive had an (unsatisfactory) hair cut but am still waiting for the optician, dental and audiologist appts that were put on hold.
                    In short - LIFE.

Comment

I am missing rehearsing with the band I play in and my wife is missing her choir rehearsals.

Comment

Exactly! Yesterday I went to the Immersive Van Gogh exhibit, which involved a short train trip into the city before entering the exhibit. My friend and I agonized over whether we should go, or waste the non refundable tickets. We were glad we went and actually felt very safe with the distancing procedures that were in place. Last year we would have gone without a second thought. Life is not spontaneous these days.

Sheila

Comment

Originally posted by Malcolm, Essex View Post

Yes, We had Florida booked 18 months ago for October, none of the usual buzz from March, just waiting to see what would happen. I have now moved it until next year, but still can't get excited, the way things are going I can't even see that happening at the moment .................................................. ........Carol

Comment

Originally posted by smtcan, Scarborough View Post

Exactly! Yesterday I went to the Immersive Van Gogh exhibit, which involved a short train trip into the city before entering the exhibit. My friend and I agonized over whether we should go, or waste the non refundable tickets. We were glad we went and actually felt very safe with the distancing procedures that were in place. Last year we would have gone without a second thought. Life is not spontaneous these days.

Sheila
                            I think your last sentence sums it all up perfectly.

We have to consider every movement and every decision now. It’s very ........ (there are many adjectives I could use here!)

Comment

We have to decide which of 3 more comedy gigs to go to and expecting a load more to be announced over the next few weeks.

These are getting set up at short notice with decent acts,

Comment

We use cookies to give you the
                              best experience possible.

By continuing to use our website you
                              agree to our cookie policy

Working...
                              X